No Thanks

By the way, The Oak Harbor threads are great to read. Lot's of interesting conversations, from all sides. Keep it up fellas!

174 ha ha

If its auburn you might as well not be union. If you haven't figured it out yet the co. has the union in their back pocket. And we all know all those wanna be's are going to vote yes no matter what. Sincerely, Dinosaur

What are you referring too exactly?
OK,let us know when your ready to retire and have a crummy 401k check left to survive on and pay huge out of pocket medical expenses.What terminal are you out of? and why are you so anti-union?If your gonna complain about it,at least put up a good argument with some facts...

"...If its auburn you might as well not be union. If you haven't figured it out yet the co. has the union in their back pocket. And we all know all those wanna be's are going to vote yes no matter what. Sincerely, Dinosaur..."

Well, they do have a solid core of strong guys up there in Auburn, but I do agree, they also have a lot of scaredy-cats, and brown-nosers, and company snitches.

Enough of those guys stuck with the Portland employees and the Salem employees, and enough other employees at the other terminals took the time to get informed to make the difference in the last contract negotiations.

One good guy can make up for a lot of brown-nosers, if he steps up to the plate when he needs to...

Well, they do have a solid core of strong guys up there in Auburn, but I do agree, they also have a lot of scaredy-cats, and brown-nosers, and company snitches.

Enough of those guys stuck with the Portland employees and the Salem employees, and enough other employees at the other terminals took the time to get informed to make the difference in the last contract negotiations.

One good guy can make up for a lot of brown-nosers, if he steps up to the plate when he needs to...
Auburn is @#$@ed the lines between manager and Teamster have been blurred, Local 174 favors the NMFA companies and Oak Harbor is left blowing in the wind. The attitude of some of the officers at 174 and former 741 seemed to be "you voted out of the NMFA, so too bad".

Can you blame the guys up there for losing faith? The Teamsters are to blame, and Oak Harbor has capitalized on these lazy OG @#$%buckets. It’s a constant battle and the company is fighting hard, while 174 are not even showing up. In the whole time I worked there I can't think of one thing they did (except merge themselves) daily seniority violations were the norm, the company actually sending the Terminal Manager out to deliver freight, dovetails, wage discrimination. They did what they wanted, and the union reps were their yes men.

How do they get away with paying these union dock supervisors more than senior Teamsters? How can someone tell you what to do, tell on you, and discipline you, and be your brother Teamster at the same time?

I for one want these guys out. Out of our pension, out of our health plan, no newsletter, no card no nothing. Let them deal with the company for their wages. It’s not worth the 15 or so extra guys dues money. Kick them out; do something they are not bargaining unit employees. Therfore you have no responsibility to represent them.

This is a seriously slippery slope and the ramifications of letting these practices continue will be devastating.

Auburn is @#$@ed the lines between manager and Teamster have been blurred, Local 174 favors the NMFA companies and Oak Harbor is left blowing in the wind. The attitude of some of the officers at 174 and former 741 seemed to be "you voted out of the NMFA, so too bad".

Can you blame the guys up there for losing faith? The Teamsters are to blame, and Oak Harbor has capitalized on these lazy OG @#$%buckets. It’s a constant battle and the company is fighting hard, while 174 are not even showing up. In the whole time I worked there I can't think of one thing they did (except merge themselves) daily seniority violations were the norm, the company actually sending the Terminal Manager out to deliver freight, dovetails, wage discrimination. They did what they wanted, and the union reps were their yes men.

How do they get away with paying these union dock supervisors more than senior Teamsters? How can someone tell you what to do, tell on you, and discipline you, and be your brother Teamster at the same time?

I for one want these guys out. Out of our pension, out of our health plan, no newsletter, no card no nothing. Let them deal with the company for their wages. It’s not worth the 15 or so extra guys dues money. Kick them out; do something they are not bargaining unit employees. Therefore you have no responsibility to represent them.

This is a seriously slippery slope and the ramifications of letting these practices continue will be devastating.

I hope your thread speaks of the administration of local 174 under S.S . As the administration under D.S worked very hard to reverse that trend. Measures were put in place to start a new outlook and were working quite well. Unfortunately the D.S slate was voted out in the last election with the help of deep deep O.G pockets. Already the R.H administration is moving backward and it will make a up hill move even harder. But I am here to say it ain't over and I know people at the auburn barn who are working diligently towards bringing this travesty to a end.

i gotta say im sure glad i dont work there any longer,no more BS with terminal mangers,screwed up dispatchers giving the wrong info always fighting for a correct paycheck and the lies that they can spin.life is good now,i didnt mind being a teamster as long as the back stabbing was in check but to have the dan E.clan always trying to shove their thoughts down your throat got old.oak harbor is going in the wrong direction in terms of how to make it's employee's happy but until these employee's stand up and say enough is enough they will alway's get crapped on.i guess their are some that just like smelling like crap all the time.:butt kiss: :butt kiss:

I don't see what the big deal is; someone should have stepped in the first time this happened. A terminal manager Teamster I mean come on, most people think I am joking when I tell them that. But I don't think its funny cause the joke is on us. 174/741 you let this get #$%ed up now what are you going to do about it?

I don't care TDU; whatever slate this isn't about that. This is about you letting members down and not doing your job failing to keep conditions up to union standard. In Oregon Oak Harbor has another Teamster terminal with about the same number of employees working under the same contract. No Teamster supervisors, separate boards, no Teamster TM so the only conclusion I can draw from this…. I wont even say it. Either way, somebody didn't do their job or things wouldn’t be so @#%$ed.

It is what it is, that’s all in the past now, lets figure out how we can get things back to order. Does anyone know what the issues are that prevent us from removing these supervisors from our membership? I understand the TM is gone now, how many of them(Teamster supervisors) are there now? What is the pay difference between a full scale Teamster and a full scale Teamster supervisor? Anyone who reads this and works in the Auburn terminal get people talking about this and calling 174 to ask questions.

I hope your thread speaks of the administration of local 174 under S.S . As the administration under D.S worked very hard to reverse that trend. Measures were put in place to start a new outlook and were working quite well. Unfortunately the D.S slate was voted out in the last election with the help of deep deep O.G pockets. Already the R.H administration is moving backward and it will make a up hill move even harder. But I am here to say it ain't over and I know people at the auburn barn who are working diligently towards bringing this travesty to a end.

Is their some reason that we can't just remove these "Teamster supervisors" from our rosters? What is the pay difference? Couldn't a senior man grieve on the pay scale deviation? It seems so simple to me, kick them out problem solved. They can go on supervising, and we can go on working just like it’s supposed to be.

:hysterical: we were gettings things done under the DS slate im sorry to see them gone now,not for me but for the guy's that i worked with at oak harbor the problems we had before DS and now afterwards has never been for the members only for the company their suppose to protect us from.as for the supervisors well as long as the so called leaders at oak harbor are in charge they will do whatever is possible to throw a wrench into the mess to make it rough for everyone else.they hate the union and they detest linedrivers even more when i left on a on the job injury last may they were making things really hard to work with {my opinion} and after being off a month or two i decided i didnt want any part of that company along with the fact that they would not pay for the hazmat background check put the final nail in the coffin between them and me.so i just milked the company for health care to the end.and for all you bible thumping yes men it was worth every penny on them.:hysterical:

Is their some reason that we can't just remove these "Teamster supervisors" from our rosters? What is the pay difference? Couldn't a senior man grieve on the pay scale deviation? It seems so simple to me, kick them out problem solved. They can go on supervising, and we can go on working just like it’s supposed to be.
Actually Silvertooth their is a reason and here it is. Your contract language allows it and not enough of the members will stand strong to get the changes needed. The pay difference isn't that much but the benefits package is better for them they get the best of both worlds. Changes can be made but it takes solidarity across the board unfortunately it just isn't happening yet So I am told.

It's in the OHFL contract, not the NMFA. LOU I is where this language is to be found.

My personal opinion is that while I myself find this language rather abhorrent, there is some need for it in the smaller terminals.

An example would be Yakima or Pasco. They have Teamster operations managers, I believe. During the day, if there is work that needs to be performed such as will call, stripping a late trailer or something of that nature, would you rather have a non-union supervisor doing this work, or a bargaining unit supervisor? because one of the two will be doing this work at times during the day while all of the other drivers are out on the street. What if several guys call in sick at a smaller terminal? That freight will likely end up being delivered by a supervisor performing in an emergency capacity, so do you want them to be bargaining unit or non-union?

However in the bigger terminals like Portland or Auburn, I see no need to have Teamster supervisors, and at any rate, they should never be in or be put into a position to discipline or hire & fire. This would, in theory, eliminate conflicts with their Teamster oath. Note I said "in theory"... LOL!

It's in the OHFL contract, not the NMFA. LOU I is where this language is to be found.

My personal opinion is that while I myself find this language rather abhorrent, there is some need for it in the smaller terminals.

An example would be Yakima or Pasco. They have Teamster operations managers, I believe. During the day, if there is work that needs to be performed such as will call, stripping a late trailer or something of that nature, would you rather have a non-union supervisor doing this work, or a bargaining unit supervisor? because one of the two will be doing this work at times during the day while all of the other drivers are out on the street. What if several guys call in sick at a smaller terminal? That freight will likely end up being delivered by a supervisor performing in an emergency capacity, so do you want them to be bargaining unit or non-union?

However in the bigger terminals like Portland or Auburn, I see no need to have Teamster supervisors, and at any rate, they should never be in or be put into a position to discipline or hire & fire. This would, in theory, eliminate conflicts with their Teamster oath. Note I said "in theory"... LOL!

I know its in the OHFL contract, I was just saying that its not my contract as I no longer work there, but I still would like a copy. How about PDF's of all covered contracts on our locals site that would be cool!

I disagree completely, end of line terminals at other union carriers do no have Teamster supervisors. It is not necessary, if all the guys are on the street, Oak Harbor needs to hire on another man or have an on call casual. That’s the way it’s supposed to work. It should never happen not at Oak Harbor, not at TP, not anywhere.

I want the managers to be non-union, and I don't want them to touch the freight under any circumstance. I wish you could spend some time working in Auburn, then you would see what a %@$#ed deal this is. I don't care if they are out of drivers, or everyone calls in sick. That’s not our problem that’s the company’s problem. When we start looking out for their interests, we lose sight of our own. Believe me, they have plenty of people to look out for their interests like Braun and assoc

Well, I don't disagree with you at all in principle. I think Teamster supervisors create more problems than they solve, but I have also seen the way this company deals with situations like I explained in my previous post.

In the smaller terminals in rural areas, they will just use a non-union supervisor and claim that the board was exhausted, or only hire a part-timer (i.e. a Utility B Sorter) who has no seniority, no benefits, and whose wages are at the bottom of scale. And then if they start working too many hours and come anywhere close to converting to Utilty A, they will just figure a way to cut them loose.

I've seen 'em do it.

It is a bit of a conundrum, which is why we are in the situation in the first place. And the reason you don't see this kind of behavior at other union LTLs is because they are all much bigger than OHFL, with considerably deeper pockets, and most if not all are under the NMFA, which definitely has very firm language about such things...:deal:

Not to make excuses for them, just laying out the facts...

Well, I don't disagree with you at all in principle. I think Teamster supervisors create more problems than they solve, but I have also seen the way this company deals with situations like I explained in my previous post.

In the smaller terminals in rural areas, they will just use a non-union supervisor and claim that the board was exhausted, or only hire a part-timer (i.e. a Utility B Sorter) who has no seniority, no benefits, and whose wages are at the bottom of scale. And then if they start working too many hours and come anywhere close to converting to Utilty A, they will just figure a way to cut them loose.

I've seen 'em do it.

It is a bit of a conundrum, which is why we are in the situation in the first place. And the reason you don't see this kind of behavior at other union LTLs is because they are all much bigger than OHFL, with considerably deeper pockets, and most if not all are under the NMFA, which definitely has very firm language about such things...:deal:

Not to make excuses for them, just laying out the facts...

I would much rather see them use a part-timer Utility B Sorter than a union supervisor. Maybe in the next contract we can add some more protections for this class to prevent their mistreatment.

To think that these supervisors can come to our meetings, vote in our elections, and then report back to base is extremely troubling. That alone I could live with, but the damage to our solidarity is what really bothers me. We cannot have a properly functioning union democracy as long as this continues; to me it feels wrong on a very basic level.

A Teamster Terminal Manager?? The joke is on us, when they sent him out on the street to deliver freight and nobody did anything about it I knew I could not rely on my local for anything, wages, and pension, are one thing, but when you want to create and environment that encourages member participation and through that participation growth, job protections are key in this process.

I have seven years Teamster, I have worked for three Teamster employers, when I hadn't even paid my initiation fee yet, I could feel the division among members that is created by these union supervisors. I will never support, and always speak out against any contract that doesn’t afford these members the simple protections that every Teamster should enjoy.

Hey guys.....Just thought I would drop in and say this is a great thread!! This is what Truckingboards is all about!! :smilies-19296: DS.

Thanks,
I was just curious to see what FXF will give us this year, looks like another penny, lol.

We are at .5313 so I'm willing to bet we'll be .5425 or real close to that. can't wait to see if I'm right...

FM

Doubles .57cpm as of April07, not including the cola were probably getting