No Thanks

Dear George I am not ranting and raving to anyone at all,I think you have a agenda and it is all about you Ms,ter. You maybe leading these JR. drivers down a dead end road!!! This is the best job you have ever had in your short teamster history, and you are trying to ruin it. Some of what you say I agree with whole heartedly. Come on up to Spokane and will even buy breakfest. No one tells me what to say and not to say!!!! I will be more tahn happy to exchange opinions with you and you really should leave the shop steaward out of this. You flatter your self by thinking he would waste his time thinking about you!!! I fight my own battles ,always have !!!!! I will put my reputation up against yours any time BABY!!!!! Hav e a nice DAY!!!!!!!

Have a nice day!!!

:smilie_132: :biglaugh:
Dear George I am not ranting and raving to anyone at all,I think you have a agenda and it is all about you Ms,ter. You maybe leading these JR. drivers down a dead end road!!! This is the best job you have ever had in your short teamster history, and you are trying to ruin it. Some of what you say I agree with whole heartedly. Come on up to Spokane and will even buy breakfest. No one tells me what to say and not to say!!!! I will be more tahn happy to exchange opinions with you and you really should leave the shop steaward out of this. You flatter your self by thinking he would waste his time thinking about you!!! I fight my own battles ,always have !!!!! I will put my reputation up against yours any time BABY!!!!! Hav e a nice DAY!!!!!!!

Tramp,
You are all talk,You guys are afraid of losing your jobs up there.But instead of being a Teamster and fighting for the good of all,you choose to stay insulated by believing every word your leadership tells you,this is just my opinion and the way I've seen things over the last ten years.I have read this entire forum and have yet to see how the Portland drivers are gonna sink OHFL? I think my suggestion to the negotiation commitee will be to cascade your guys wages this time.You don't want to stand up for the good of all then go away,maybe you need to de-cert? Show me how Portland is gonna defunk this mis-managed outfit!!!

Supertramp, what’s with quoting yourself?? Unfortunately I am far from retirement age. But when I do reach retirement age I will be making quite a bit more than one of my brothers that still works at Oak Harbor, since they perform exactly the same job as I do, I think that is wrong.

What is your justification for predicting the looming demise of OHFL? Have you seen their books? Why are you trying to scare your co-workers into compliance? Look at the rapid expansion down south, at last contract negations I think I remember hearing something like (since you guys are asking for so much OHFL won't be opening any new terminal for the foreseeable future) 07' saw the opening of OHFL's largest terminal in Cali.

They are lying and trying to play you all, there is no loyalty, no trust, through words and actions the management of this company has indicated that they have no stake in the success of the Teamsters, therefore consequently we are tied by bargaining points only. And guess what? It’s kind of hard to replace and train a couple hundred drivers overnight; especially when what’s left in the driver pool won't even pass background checks.

In conclusion stick to your guns stand up for yourselves and you will all benefit greatly. Listen to supertramp and he might benefit greatly in the form of a payoff from OHFL.

One of the Vanderpol's was posting on here before, I am sure he or at least a couple of his lackey's check this out every now and again I just have one question.

Why no A/C in the brand new city trucks? Safety 1st right, an exhausted fatigued driver is an unsafe driver.

Here's a pic of supertramp with his bestest buddies
oakharborsburkadamsheym0.jpg

"...Dear George I am not ranting and raving to anyone at all,I think you have a agenda and it is all about you Ms,ter. You maybe leading these JR. drivers down a dead end road!!! This is the best job you have ever had in your short teamster history, and you are trying to ruin it. Some of what you say I agree with whole heartedly. Come on up to Spokane and will even buy breakfest. No one tells me what to say and not to say!!!! I will be more tahn happy to exchange opinions with you and you really should leave the shop steaward out of this. You flatter your self by thinking he would waste his time thinking about you!!! I fight my own battles ,always have !!!!! I will put my reputation up against yours any time BABY!!!!! Hav e a nice DAY!!!!!!!"

First of all, I know who you are because you are ranting about the same things the Spokane shop steward has been ranting about to Portland drivers lately. To the word, so deny if you want, but we all know the truth.

Unlike you, though, I have the good graces and manners not to call your name out here like you think you are doing to me. And shame on you for your unprofessional manner as a shop steward, attacking fellow stewards and attempting to spread libel and slander with Portland drivers. You reveal much about yourself and your anger with what you say here and up on the Spokane dock.

Fortunately, your message has not had the impact you probably wished it to have, as every single one of those drivers promptly reported your angry conversations with them to their stewards and to the rest of us.

So we are all aware of what a tool you are, and what an angry old Me-ster you have become. Tsk tsk tsk...

As to you invitation, I am sorry I have to decline, as I have a bid which precludes me from having to share your airspace, and I have better things to do with my weekends than debate ignorant idiots who take their marching orders from the likes of Buck, our vaunted Freight Director.

Actually, if I thought it would do any good to have a meaningful conversation with you, I might actually take the time to come up. But clearly you are delusional and have made up your mind about Portland drivers, our stewards and our union leadership here at Local 81 on nothing more than innuendo and Buck's good (ahem... sarcasm intended) word.

Buck... I guess it takes a Me-ster to listen to a Me-ster, huh? You two so deserve each other.

As to our, or my, agenda, I'm still waiting on you to respond to my previous posts about our last contract negotiations and just why the offer we voted down was so great in your eyes. If I or my fellow Portland employees have an agenda, I would like to hear what it is from you, if you have the gonads to put it up here.

Please... we're all ears.

Actaully, you are right... we do have an agenda. An evil agenda. It's to negotiate the best possible contracts for all Oak Harbor employees.

Ooh... how evil of us! How dare we do such a thing?

I'm curious about one thing, though... just when did you stop being a Teamster and become a brainless mannequin spouting the company line and repeating Buck's idiotic lies?

Do tell...:butt kiss:

What's the matter, supertramp...

Still waiting on your marching orders from the local? Perhaps Buck has been busy screwing other companies up and doesn't have time to deal with you right now, huh?

You still haven't resoponded back as to why the five-year contract offer we shot down was so great, let alone anything else I've challenged you on in this thread.

All talk, no substance?:toxic:

shifterknob, Im still right here in good old Spokane wa. Do me a favor and leave Buck, the shopsteward and the local out of this . I take marching orders from no one. This is just me, and my myself and I. If you want to call people names like kiss *** and chicken---- then just go at me, I have thick skin and broad shoulders and YOU don t bother me at all everything I have heard about you seems to be true!!! You jump to conclusions, and are very quick accuse people!!! don t worry I will address your issues in time,I am just very busy right now. Again have a nice day and breakfast still stands!!!

shifterknob, Im still right here in good old Spokane wa. Do me a favor and leave Buck, the shopsteward and the local out of this . I take marching orders from no one. This is just me, and my myself and I. If you want to call people names like kiss *** and chicken---- then just go at me, I have thick skin and broad shoulders and YOU don t bother me at all everything I have heard about you seems to be true!!! You jump to conclusions, and are very quick accuse people!!! don t worry I will address your issues in time,I am just very busy right now. Again have a nice day and breakfast still stands!!!

OH Please! your just buying time.You Guys are still scared of the company.You'll take whatever they throw at you just like you guys always do.How come none of your guys ever get involved in the negotiations?
Keep on calling ol' Justin, he's probably out wrangling one of his horsies with Braun trying to figure out how to shut down those Local 81 guys this time,Good Luck! You never shut'em down.

This was not just directed at Oak Harbor emploees this is for all to read. You make it sound as if you have talked to all Oak Harbor emploees? How many Spok emploees have you talked to or Lewiston emploees? I also feel that the last contract was negotiated very improperly. The way I hear it the Union and Company had come to an agreement on a five year contract that I read and felt was a better contract than the one we recieved!I also do not blame the Vanderpol famliy for being very upset about the way this was handled. When I shake hands and give my word to anyone, Thats That!!!

I have allot of respect for the smaller union terminals the company has singled you guys out, I am sure it is on the recommendation of their labor consultants.

The contract is not valid until the members vote upon it, so all negotiations are contingent upon the approval of the members. If it was a done deal then it would have been signed and ratified and you would be working under that crappy contract. What’s better about it?

@#$# the Vanderpols and how they feel while your shop steward is busy posing with Henry for your locals website the real Teamsters are thinking about improving wages, pensions, and work rules. You got your priorities all twisted, too much face time with the VP's maybe, maybe you not stupid just crooked and they are paying you, too bad for them, and lucky for all of us you are not very convincing.
"I read and felt was a better contract than the one we received!"
lol, wow....

Maybe the Vanderpols should go back to church and recruit another batch incompetent anchors. Then you all can take a pay cut so they can go buy Benzes....

You don't know anything about anything, and clearly you are misinformed about a great many things, including your standup leadership at the local.

But... whatever. Live in ignorance if you desire. It seems to be an epidemic up in your neck of the woods.

As soon as you are given your list of bullet points to respond to me, let me know. I'm sure Buck has many things going on and has to spend some time dreaming up a good way to spin things, but I'm sure he'll get back with you eventually.

In the meantime... I'll be waiting...:biglaugh:

OH Please! your just buying time.You Guys are still scared of the company.You'll take whatever they throw at you just like you guys always do.How come none of your guys ever get involved in the negotiations?
Keep on calling ol' Justin, he's probably out wrangling one of his horsies with Braun trying to figure out how to shut down those Local 81 guys this time,Good Luck! You never shut'em down.

Boys will be boys...try to get a long

try to get a long :chairshot:

Why? Why get along?

Going along to get along rarely accomplishes anything except for stagnation and crappy contracts.

I choose to fight for what I and the rest of us employees deserve...:1036316054:

Why? Why get along?

Going along to get along rarely accomplishes anything except for stagnation and crappy contracts.

I choose to fight for what I and the rest of us employees deserve...:1036316054:

do you really think it will get you what you and the what you really deserve? Regardless that YOU are honest, hard working... dependable.

I'm sure you have a point in there somewhere, but I am at pains to see it...

My point is that "getting along" has to be a mutual thing, and it does not mean we are going to roll over and lick their feet in utter gratitude because they gave us a job.

We do a job for them, but they wouldn't have a company without us. It's an interdependent relationship, no doubt, but when the management side expects the employees to make all of the sacrifices all of the time, something is clearly wrong with the equation here...

Especially when management ain't doing their job to the degree that the whole company is careening out of control like a semi coming off of a grade without brakes.

But boy... are they ever quick to point the finger at us and say that the reason they aren't making any money is that we the employees are too expensive!

Every employee in this company who is willing to be honest (and that's most) knows where the problems lay, and it isn't with the rank-and-file employees.

Want a quick list? Roadway Ronnie, for one. Route optimization software that is useless and creates waste, is another. Hiring inexperienced or incompetent management, and creating such a cruddy environment that the few decent supervisors we have quit. How about nonsensical linehaul decisions? How about lack of communication, or rather, lack of listening to and then implementing what the employees are trying to tell leadership about the daily problems we face?

It's apathy, and it's ramapant from the top all the way to the bottom. But it started at the top, never forget...

Shifterknob,

Can you honestly say that there is no one in management at all that listens to you and addresses your concerns?

Fair&Balanced

Well what I have experienced is that management will listen, say that they will do something, but the results are the same every time. They pass the buck to the appropriate department, post a new memo, then don't follow up with anything thing. After a few times of this inaction a person gets tired of wasting their breath and just quits trying to get things done. Or leaves the company.

RRR
Our competition is always passing us by.

Shifterknob,

Can you honestly say that there is no one in management at all that listens to you and addresses your concerns?

Fair&Balanced

Fair I speak to Oak drivers on a daily basis and I can tell you this much about The view of over 99 percent of them. The Vast majority of organized Oak drivers Will tell you that management will listen but they don't hear anything.Those employees Will also tell you that poor management and lack of desire to serve the customer to increase the bottom line has hurt the company in the past year and a half. Those employees Will also tell you the Vander Pols David and Ed do not care about there employees they are just tools to them. David has gone as far as to say publicly how he hates all line drivers. Then he admits that no person could pay him enough money to do a line drivers job.Henry built a great Northwest freight company on family values and respect David and Edward are in the process of destroying it. That is the truth of the situation . If you don't believe it ask any Oak driver who has been there for over 10 years. I even hear that they make Henry wear a I.D badge When he inspects the hubs that he built!! Imagine that!! Concerns addressed, wow I think the concerns should be about the leadership in place now and the bought and paid for union that shows up with hydraulic air ride kneepads on. :chairshot: Guess that pic should answer the question:hide:

"...Shifterknob,

Fair&Balanced..."

Listen?

Oh, they listen... or at least pretend to.

But to actually take action?

Hmmm.... not often. Nowhere near often enough. Look, we've had good supervisors here and there, and we always try and resolve our problems with terminal management where and when we can. The biggest problem lays at the top, though.

Cynicism and skepticism and mistrust run deep in the employees of this company when talking of our leadership team, especially senior management.

When we do actually get a decent supervisor, he usually walks off the job or is hired away by our competition because we can't as a company figure out how to nurture the good managers while weeding out the bad.

Our single biggest problem as a company lies in the apathy of senior management to try and fix any of the big problems we are dealing with. They would rather slap Band-Aid solutions over gaping, infected wounds and then stick their heads in the sand like ostriches.

We as employees can't overcome the obstacles our own management places in front of us, and meanwhile, they would rather run around having meetings telling us how it is our fault we are making no money.

Dave? Ed?

No one is buying the line you two are trying to sell. We see the mistakes, the incompetence, and the wasted money every day of the week, week in and week out. We see little or no attempts to deal with our issues or problems. And it's gotten worse and worse over the nine years I've been here, especially in the last four or five years.

And it's just sad. This company has so much potential, but it's being flushed down the drain a little more every day...

Im soooo glad i no longer work for that ungrateful company,the crap that they would put you thru was beyond reason i only hope for the rest of you that find the energy to put up with it all the best in future contract's.And if you do happen to leave via on your own will or let go their is a silver linning beyond oak harbor's gate's.