TForce | No voters outnumber Yes voters

UPSFreight

TB Lurker
Credits
From Facebook:

There's actually no way it's getting voted in. Do the math. 66% turnout and 62% no. What would it take to turn that vote around? They're anticipating 80% turnout, so that means every new vote has to be a yes vote, plus 100 of the no votes have to swing to yes. Or if the additional voters vote as the rest of us have, they would need 20% or 1 in 5 of the current no votes to change their minds. The company and union know this. And then the company doesn't even do anything to help change our minds. It's a long shot that this thing gets voted in and if it does!

In 2013 the first contract was voted down 4000+ No votes to 1800+ yes votes.
When the second vote was done at the local level in person, the yes votes 5000+ and no votes were 2100+. 2000+ no votes flipped to yes.

The same thing is going to happen on this vote. People vote with their wallets not with their hearts.

Almost 1200 more people showed up in person to vote then voted by mail and by The Talley most voted yes.

It will. No one but the most zealous members want to strike. The rest just want to work.

The same thing happened in 2013, this site and others where full of no vote zealots, but the contract passed by a huge margin. The more silent majority isnt interested in strike, when the rubber meets the road. About 5% of my service center and local will vote no. Its almost Christmas.

It will. No one but the most zealous members want to strike. The rest just want to work.

The same thing happened in 2013, this site and others where full of no vote zealots, but the contract passed by a huge margin. The more silent majority isnt interested in strike, when the rubber meets the road. About 5% of my service center and local will vote no. Its almost Christmas.

I am curious as to why you would let the company know that their bold tactics worked to change the mind of your vote.... if it was not for your company joining the Union you would not have the opportunity to vote on your wages.... work rules.... contract.

When my contract comes due next year i'm going to take full advantage of my rights to get what is fair....

I hate to see you undermine the progress of the direction that was voted on..... the employees have spoken .... the majority did not like what was offered....yes I do understand that you have the right to Express your opinion....

I'm curious..... when you buy a new car do you pay the full price or do you negotiate??? They will tell you that they have another customer coming in to buy it to pressure you to sign .

Also..... the employees did vote to strike if necessary.... it's their way of doing what the company is doing now. Scare tactics.....

Just my opinion from the side line.... I wish all of the upsf employees best of luck on ratifying their contract.

From Facebook:

There's actually no way it's getting voted in. Do the math. 66% turnout and 62% no. What would it take to turn that vote around? They're anticipating 80% turnout, so that means every new vote has to be a yes vote, plus 100 of the no votes have to swing to yes. Or if the additional voters vote as the rest of us have, they would need 20% or 1 in 5 of the current no votes to change their minds. The company and union know this. And then the company doesn't even do anything to help change our minds. It's a long shot that this thing gets voted in and if it does!

It's more like a sure shot. 12%+1 is all it takes, and no one who voted yes the first time is voting no this time. I voted no on first offer, and told the company and union, fix the vac punches and pension hours and I'll vote Yes. They did so I'm voting yes. This thing of clearing the system, is to leave no doubt to anyone on the fence. The company isn't playing or bluffing.

It's more like a sure shot. 12%+1 is all it takes, and no one who voted yes the first time is voting no this time. I voted no on first offer, and told the company and union, fix the vac punches and pension hours and I'll vote Yes. They did so I'm voting yes. This thing of clearing the system, is to leave no doubt to anyone on the fence. The company isn't playing or bluffing.

I curious..... was you playing or bluffing when the vote to strike was presented?

Five years ago when it was defeated and then passed on the second round UPS gave the members the option of staying in the old pension system if they met certain requirements. They knew that if they dangled that carrot it would pass. In doing so they alienated all those who couldn’t opt into the older more lucrative pension system. As such those members lost out on thousands and thousands of monthly pension payments. Now these same employees who are still here after five years are still stuck in the same crappy flat rate pension system while their coworkers who sold them out five years prior keep riding the gravy train. It’s payback time for those coworkers who were basically told, “I got mine, too bad for you!”

I curious..... was you playing or bluffing when the vote to strike was presented?
I took that vote as some leverage for the negotiations. One must remember, small pack took the same vote. Once small packs contract was ratified, we were hung out to dry. It was over in 2013 when it happened and it's over again in 2018.

We can't stand alone against the 800 lb Gorilla that is UPS, not without the cash cow small pack going out on strike too.

It would be financial ******* to strike ups alone at freight, we are 3% of the company. If we had small pack on our side I would be more brave, but we don't, so we have to retreat or be slaughtered.

Another thing is our union leadership is inept. Not a peep out of them! A good union president like say Fred Zuckerman would have never ratified small pack, and would have called a strike at small pack for what ups is doing at freight, but we have no leadership.

Last edited:
I took that vote as some leverage for the negotiations. One must remember, small pack took the same vote. Once small packs contract was ratified, we were hung out to dry. It was over in 2013 when it happened and it's over again in 2018.

We can't stand alone against the 800 lb Gorilla that is UPS, not without the cash cow small pack going out on strike too.

It would be financial ******* to strike ups alone at freight, we are 3% of the company. If we had small pack on our side I would be more brave, but we don't, so we have to retreat or be slaughtered.
In my opinion.... I do not agree.

I will not post anything more about this.... not trying to start anything... I'm not employed at upsf. But I do have a brother that is.

You said the same thing 5 years ago and you were wrong then and you will be wrong again.

The contract will pass, because most humans are not suicidal.
Suicidal either way. This passes and the members become a little bitch who just likes to complain. It doesn’t pass every member is tested to the financial line of their own. Standing your ground against a giant who is not going to lose any sleep over this is a struggle. Wining this would be historical in the freight industry. Thinking the glass is half full the outcome of wining would pave the way for your next contract and those of other Union companies.

dFamv8u.jpg

Vote NO!