Nobody brave enough to put their name on the OHFL service update?

v for vendetta

TB Lurker
Credits
Even with their losses in court , at the labor board,and an operating ratio through the roof they keep on spreading manure in hopes something will grow.Apparently they couldn't even get a manager lackie to sign the 11/26 update.

Hey Silvertooth
Maybe you could do something special with Oaks latest and greatest service update. I always like the way you interpret the true between the line meaning. After all it's now our special purpose to share real truth with everyone we can.

Hey Silvertooth
Maybe you could do something special with Oaks latest and greatest service update. I always like the way you interpret the true between the line meaning. After all it's now our special purpose to share real truth with everyone we can.

from OAKH.com

Oak Harbor Customer Update

November 26, 2008

Business Levels

In the last week, we have seen the return of even more of our valued customers and we can now see very clearly the impact the economy is having on our business. Until now, we have been working to convince our customers that our service is just as consistent and timely as it has been in the past. We believe that we have done that. We are currently running 98.57% on time for the month of November, which is higher than last November's 98.02%. At the same time, our SAFESTAT safety rating has improved from 23 to 21 (SAFESTAT is a DOT safety rating from 1 - 100, lower being better. 21 is one of the best we know of in the trucking industry).

Yes, it seems the economy is to blame, if it weren't for the economy, everything would be better than great..... Who cares and WTF is SAFESTAT? I don't think anyone really cares about your "safestat" rating. Maybe it's finally time to cease the charade, we all know what Oak Harbor has done here is wrong, and immoral, the suffering that has been endured by these dedicated individuals is noting short of heroic. You take the most dedicated, hard working individuals in this industry, throw them out like garbage, and then somehow think you can replace them overnight, you really think that what made this company successful is you? You are so off base it is inconceivable, even now, you still have an opportunity to deal in good faith, in my mind you don't even deserve that. You will never feel what these dedicated Teamsters have, they have something that your money cannot buy, and it is more valuable than all the cash in your inherited bank accounts. You have never lived, you simply exist.

We are seeing our revenue levels and bill counts continuing to increase month to month. We are also seeing that over 73% of our customers have resumed shipping with us, yet only 60% of our bill count has been restored due to the weak economy affecting our customers. In response, just like our customers, we are adjusting our staffing levels and modifying our costs, wherever possible, to better match our revenue levels. We are as committed as ever to providing the highest level of service in our industry. We believe that as long as we continue to do so our business will thrive.

I am a little confused, the economy was already in the red prior to the strike and it has not degraded by 40% since your employees stood up for themselves. Basically you are saying the economy was bad then you lost another %40 it's my estimation that you are running about %35 of pre-strike levels, where were all those empty's before?....they were on the road full of freight! You have lost the drivers that made your company a good value to customers, now Xpress may as well carry the freight.

Our Employees

We are proud to say that even during the pressure of the labor dispute, we have managed to assemble one of the best teams that Oak Harbor has ever had. Our customers have made comments about our improved service and that they are grateful. This is only possible because we have knowledgeable, committed employees that care about our business and our customers. Since the labor dispute, we have had over one hundred thirty (130) union represented employees choose to cross the picket line and return to work.

Currently we have temporary strike replacements working at two (2) of our thirty two (32) terminals, Auburn and Portland. We project that the temporary replacements will no longer be needed and regular employees put in their place by the end of the year. Our staffing vendor's workers have proven to us that they are committed to providing exceptional service and desire to do the best job possible for Oak Harbor and our customers. We have a number of the strike replacements, provided by our staffing vendor, that are seeking to stay on board as permanent employees. We welcome that opportunity.

I wouldn't be too proud, if a "team" of spineless traitors. If no moral fabric is what you are looking for, then you have accomplished that. Those customers are soo grateful, is that why the customer testimonials are now noticeably absent? you HAD knowledgeable, committed employees that cared about your business and customers. The ones that crossed are an insult to human decency, they make me ashamed of my species. Since the NLRB has found in favor of the union your plans to make permanent replacements went out the door so time to buck up and give these people what they deserve. When they do go back, I hope they treat you with the same respect you have shown them. I could never forgive this BS, you have taken hard working men and reduced them to paupers, your company would be nothing without these people, you have never interduced anything original to this business, you have copied and emulated and the ONLY reason for you success is the employees and the culture at the company that was left by the elder VP.

Dave and Ed Vander Pol Are you trying to tell me that the emloyees that have given years of service are not as good as the rookie and the bottom of the seniority list employee's You are saying that someone that has back stabbed their co-workers guys who want all the benifits of being Union but don't want to be in the Union are better than my Dad? So Thats like wanting all the Benifits of a Christian but like Judas you would sell out for 30 pieces of silver? Now that is a great comparison isn't it?

Even with their losses in court , at the labor board,and an operating ratio through the roof they keep on spreading manure in hopes something will grow.Apparently they couldn't even get a manager lackie to sign the 11/26 update.

It is kind of strange how the company contorts the truth to fit their ideas isn't it? It is also strange that they don't mention any thing about the ULP's as well. I gues if you are lying to your customers you don't want them to know how low life, and greedy you actually are huh?
That is why it up to us true teamsters to get the word out to our customers. I am still looking for the posting on the NLRB site so that I can e-mail the link to ALL of my customers as well, as speaking to them about it personally!:hysterical:
They should find it interesting that joak harbor can be cought so easily in constant lies. Shame on them for trying to pull the wool over their customers eyes!

They should find it interesting that joak harbor can be cought so easily in constant lies. Shame on them for trying to pull the wool over their customers eyes!

These actions of the Vanderfools have brought alot of
eyes and ears (David):hysterical:sorry, groups and
agencies watching them. Not much involving Oak Harbor
will go unnoticed. Every feeble attempt at anything
just blows up in their faces. There will be plenty to show
the customers come Monday.