New Penn | Non CDL dockworkers at NPME

slavenomore

TB Legend
PREMIUM
Credits
How many non CDL dockworkers are in our system?
Maspeth has Longshoreman on dock.
Boston has dock only.
I asked a guy about Camp Hill our break and he told me there are only a few there. Is that true? Ya never know. I know Camp Hill has a lower OR than Reading a lot of times. Their city operation.
Buffalo is like a break also? Or not?
I don't know the whole system . I know we have no non cdl guys on list here. We don't let them on. Nobody's special that way.

How many of our terminals have it so when you are hired you are either hired able to bid the whole deal such as city or road?
And how many hire that if hired road, you are road for life? I think Trenton does that.

Slave, it would depend on how your terminal is classified.. ie whether or not it is a combo barn.. Usually the only places would be break terminals and I don't think Newpenn has any. But I could be wrong.

Boston has dock only.
I asked a guy about Camp Hill our break and he told me there are only a few there. Is that true? Ya never know. I know Camp Hill has a lower OR than Reading a lot of times. Their city operation.
Buffalo is like a break also? Or not?
I don't know the whole system . I know we have no non cdl guys on list here. We don't let them on. Nobody's special that way.

Yellow would have a lot, especially in their break bulks. Supervisors are walking the dock telling everyone "Goodbye, been nice working with you" if this doesn't pass. I think its kind of funny that Yellow has the most dock employees, seeing how Yellow Drivers are always blaming things on Holland and New Penn. So if this passes, the Yellow dock employees will be the swing vote. ***Priceless***

Our outbound is mostly noncdl pt also.
I was wondering how many of our FT guys are noncdl/dock only throughout the system.
And also how many terminals/guys are stuck to either the road board or the city board for life.

Our outbound is mostly noncdl pt also.
I was wondering how many of our FT guys are noncdl/dock only throughout the system.
And also how many terminals/guys are stuck to either the road board or the city board for life.

Newburgh has two lists.. One for city and one for road.. if you want to cross you have to resign and start all over.. just hope they hire you before you resign..

B.

I'm surprised that local is still around. With Preston, PIE, Trans-con, Branch, etc all gone, what do they have left? 1 NP and 1 former Roadway barn (if they even have that). Maybe 40 members or so?

I'm surprised that local is still around. With Preston, PIE, Trans-con, Branch, etc all gone, what do they have left? 1 NP and 1 former Roadway barn (if they even have that). Maybe 40 members or so?

Local 707 has the YRCF Hub Maybrook, NY, YRCF Deer Park, NY, YRCF Plainview, NY., YRCF Brooklyn, NY. YRCF Mt. Vernon, NY.

Cinnaminson has separate seniority list. Road is one and city/dock is another..
How much are the partime non cdl guys being paid at your terminals?

I worked there part time in 2011 in Maspeth, on the 6P-2am shift for like a month or two. Sure the pay hasn't changed much. It was like 13 or 14 something minus the 15%.

I moved elsewhere, so I'm not sure If I am still hired by them. Never quit officially, but the work was inconsistent.

I worked there part time in 2011 in Maspeth, on the 6P-2am shift for like a month or two. Sure the pay hasn't changed much. It was like 13 or 14 something minus the 15%.

Wow, I did the same there in 1993. The pay was 14 when I started,and went up to 14.45 when the new contract kicked in.

I moved elsewhere, so I'm not sure If I am still hired by them. Never quit officially, but the work was inconsistent.

I thought that Maspeth dock was ILA