R&L | Northeast guys, check this one out!

I know this is way off topic for this link but did anybody hear that FedEx just laid off all of their dockworkers. Just using drivers to do it all. (part timers)

We also don't get a 10% pay cut :loser::nutkick:
I was talking to a USF driver today about the 10% deal. Asked him if they are gonna go back to their regular wages after the economy picks up and he said ..........No! That really sucks for him, his co-drivers and us in a way. Think about it, the only reason we make the kind of wages we make are because of the union wage. I believe that is why corporate came up with this Paramount smoke screen. Just my 2 cents.

I was talking to a USF driver today about the 10% deal. Asked him if they are gonna go back to their regular wages after the economy picks up and he said ..........No! That really sucks for him, his co-drivers and us in a way. Think about it, the only reason we make the kind of wages we make are because of the union wage. I believe that is why corporate came up with this Paramount smoke screen. Just my 2 cents.

Wages are the way they are because of the driver shortage in the late 90's. Most young people were going to school for computers and not truck driving,forcing companies to raise the wages to attract good drivers with experience.Those guys have done nothing for our wages,that is the smokescreen you are seeing.Trucks sitting on the side of the road with the drivers head on a pillow,are the reason now that they are finally getting paid what they are worth.Take another 10% is what I say. Paramount will be a thing of the past when we are able to start hiring real drivers again. If a Paramount guy isn't pulling his weight he can be let go immediately with no peer review. Don't let them bullies get to you,Probably some 60 year old guy who is pissed at everything!!!!

Read the yrc posts or the agreement itself,they will get their pay back IF the stock picks back up. Alot of them voted against it and are uninformed or pissed about the vote. It has nothing to do with us ,so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

sorry I was replying to an yellow driver on here in an earlier post talking about the union my mistake

Wages are the way they are because of the driver shortage in the late 90's. Most young people were going to school for computers and not truck driving,forcing companies to raise the wages to attract good drivers with experience.Those guys have done nothing for our wages,that is the smokescreen you are seeing.Trucks sitting on the side of the road with the drivers head on a pillow,are the reason now that they are finally getting paid what they are worth.Take another 10% is what I say. Paramount will be a thing of the past when we are able to start hiring real drivers again. If a Paramount guy isn't pulling his weight he can be let go immediately with no peer review. Don't let them bullies get to you,Probably some 60 year old guy who is pissed at everything!!!!
Nobody is getting to me, this is how I feel about my wages here @ R+L. Maybe the shortage was for quality drivers in the late '90's, because I've seen alot of faces pass through back then. Here today, gone tomorrow days. Let me ask you a question......How much were you making in the late '90's here @ R+L? Or even 2000-2002? We were not making top rate here in the notheast back then so none of us were near union wage yet since we only opened in the Philly area in August of 1999. I am not pro union but I believe they need us just as much as we need them.

Yeah those guys raking in that .35/mile really drove your wages up.:biglaugh: