Northeast Mgmnt Team- update

imported_gabbydad

TB Lurker
Credits
New Regional VP of Ops just started. Between him and the new TM and new night ops mgr we had by far the best end of month close in forever here in J1 and that's with J9 being incorporated.

For those who walk in to J1 , have you seen what kind of shape the dock is in? Fantastic.

As for the on-time%, best in a long time as well. I can tell you that customer calls were minimal.

The driver appreciation BBQ last night here had a very positive vibe. Talked with many of you guys.

I never pretend to be anything other than a pro Jevic- company man. I won't apologize for that. Save this post for a couple of months and refer to it again. I guarantee you, we're coming into one of the best times for us.

of course. You think we'll ever be perfect? No such thing. 21 years, 5 carriers. No such thing in LTL.

I'll tell you what though, this week saw a healthy tonnage gain. Not slow. But as for getting out on time. I have no visibility. I know that the customers I talk to are happy. I know that the drivers I talk to daily believe in us.

Look at any post from any of the other carriers on this board. Who's crowing? Who can't wait to climb a mountain and sing the praises of their company like Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music?

It's called perspective. Gotta keep perspecive. All of us are on a journey we'll never arrive at with the destination being Perfection.

Slowed down? Local freight sure didn't slow down, it's been the busiest end of month that I've seen in a good while. The size of pickups have increased, the number of pickups have increased and it sure would be nice if the prima donna's would put a little effort into making their own deliveries so we don't have to continually pick up their slack. Maybe that's slow, but there's plenty of work for everyone who wants it.

gabby ,i saved this post like you said

New Regional VP of Ops just started. Between him and the new TM and new night ops mgr we had by far the best end of month close in forever here in J1 and that's with J9 being incorporated.

For those who walk in to J1 , have you seen what kind of shape the dock is in? Fantastic.

As for the on-time%, best in a long time as well. I can tell you that customer calls were minimal.

The driver appreciation BBQ last night here had a very positive vibe. Talked with many of you guys.

I never pretend to be anything other than a pro Jevic- company man. I won't apologize for that. Save this post for a couple of months and refer to it again. I guarantee you, we're coming into one of the best times for us.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Working or NOT

Do we have a job monday, and if so, why all the corporate accounts left us and people cleaned out their desks and the owner-operators told to go home.Gabbydaddy, please try to answer these SO CALLED RUMORS HONESTLY.

hanleyhose,i doubt gab can give you a definitive answer-i believe he and many others above him were also left in the dark-i know Fri operations management were all scratching their heads-i don't think we will get something definitive till
Mon---from what i hear 0900-1000

in my opinion it seems bleak

Do we have a job monday, and if so, why all the corporate accounts left us and people cleaned out their desks and the owner-operators told to go home.Gabbydaddy, please try to answer these SO CALLED RUMORS HONESTLY.

Welcome to the boards hanleyhose. I am sorry to hear what is happening. Here is a post by gabbydad about what he knows.

Not in the loop and definitaley concerned like most. Frustrating not to be in the "know". Hoping for something positive to come out.