Yellow | Norwalk, Ohio...Norwalk Truck Lines

wild deuce

TB Veteran
Credits
Anyone who knows someone who worked for Norwalk Truck Lines (NTL)... (Yellow Freight Systems bought Norwalk Truck lines in 1968)...The drivers who worked for NTL went to work for places like Yellow, Roadway, Spector, PIE, 151 Lines...all I know is if you worked for NTL or know someone who did...there is a reunion in Norwalk, Ohio. Every July. Contact me on Pm, Please!! The reunion is losing members (they are dying) every year. Come and see your brothers if you have time!!:smilie_132:

Hey Duece, just a thought...

If they were bought out 41 yrs ago, some of the guys are probably dead or in nursing homes. Explains the decrease in attendance.

Yes.but.I am able to go cause I am Yellow.oops!

I am allowed to go to the reunion picnic because I am Yellow...ohh, not Yellow anymore. I forgot.:duh:

Hey Duece, just a thought...

If they were bought out 41 yrs ago, some of the guys are probably dead or in nursing homes. Explains the decrease in attendance.

We have a guy transferring in that has a 1968 seniority date, I'll ask him if he's one.

I used to work ( and drink ) with two of them in White Deer Pa }. They are now driving in heaven and hope i can work with them again.

I am positive I have talked to live ones

Thanks for your input, VWAGGS, but I assure you some retired Norwalk Drivers are still around...I have been to the picnic...Oh and some can type on a computer....believe it or not.:smilie_132:

20,30,40...yer outta here!

We have a guy transferring in that has a 1968 seniority date, I'll ask him if he's one.

No offense meant to the driver, but me personally, I seriously hope I am doing something else after 40 years, than still driving a truck<whew>:smilie_132:
Hey! Here's an idea...some one should start a thread about senior guys who don't retire! That's never been discussed before , has it? :stirthepot:

That's very cool. My dad drove for Norwalk for many years. His name was Ray Stogner, He passed away quite a number of years ago. It was my Uncle, Thomas Stogner, my dads brother who was killed in the fire at the offices of Norwalk Truck Lines, back in the late 50's.

My Father Armand Cesa and his cousin Red Cesa worked the Cleveland terminal and Red's brother Blackie Cesa worked in Norwalk. Does anyone remember any of them, they were with Norwalk for many, many years? I am also looking for information about a guy named Linderman who worked the in Cleveland terminal.

is b-l bender loudon?they were 1 of our intrline partners when i was at chican in chicago 87-91.i think they went under around 1990.got laid off at chican may 91 they went under fall of 93 i think

Yellow bought some operating rights for New York from Norwalk . I remember very well that it was Ringsby that bought up United Buckingham and Norwalk Truck Lines . I worked for Yellow Freight and I know that U/B and Norwalk went in with Ringsby . I would know if Yellow bought Norwalk we would have their drivers on our seniority list . At that time Norwalk belonged to Chicago Truck Drivers Union( CTDU ) and Ringsby and U/B were both Teamsters IBT . so Norwalk drivers went to the bottom .