R&L | Not a job for drivers

baby huey

TB Lurker
Credits
Was told today that r&l might loose a 15 milion a year account if they don,t get there act together, well after what I just went thourgh today all I have to say is boo hoo, the bull crap that was pulled on me today by the TM and the HR in willmington I don,t care what the He-- happens to this place after 5+ yrs here I,m looking for someother place to go, or ready to help get the U word in here, I,ve always been against the U word but something has to be done about the way the dispatchers and TMs get to do what ever they want and when you call HR about it they tell you that they are doing whats best for the company, umm kinda funny how all of this is happening just after the lease driver program started:nutkick:

Was told today that r&l might loose a 15 milion a year account if they don,t get there act together, well after what I just went thourgh today all I have to say is boo hoo, the bull crap that was pulled on me today by the TM and the HR in willmington I don,t care what the He-- happens to this place after 5+ yrs here I,m looking for someother place to go, or ready to help get the U word in here, I,ve always been against the U word but something has to be done about the way the dispatchers and TMs get to do what ever they want and when you call HR about it they tell you that they are doing whats best for the company, umm kinda funny how all of this is happening just after the lease driver program started:nutkick:

baby huey what account might we lose?

something has to be done about the way the dispatchers and TMs get to do what ever they want and when you call HR about it they tell you that they are doing whats best for the company, umm kinda funny how all of this is happening just after the lease driver program started:nutkick:
That's the same Attitude i got from HR about a month ago when i called a bout a LEASE Driver doing my line haul run while i was forced to do P+D for less money, That is why i am LOOKING to Leave this wonderful MUSHROOM FARM :chairshot:

ashland is what we were told, some how someone intercipted an e-mail from them and sent it to our TM

What we were told about this is that they want a 99% del on time from us and we are at 96% this year.Also our damages have gone up a little.I think they are nit picking a little myself but they are welcome to try and get better service elsewhere.I doubt they can get it with all the rules and restrictions they put on us but it would be good if we don't loose it.

That's the same Attitude i got from HR about a month ago when i called a bout a LEASE Driver doing my line haul run while i was forced to do P+D for less money, That is why i am LOOKING to Leave this wonderful MUSHROOM FARM :chairshot:

Hold the door for me too, because I,m right behind you, have already been looking and talking to some people.:TR10driving03:

You mean Ashland Chemical?

I hope not. We haul a lot for them, and it's good freight. I would really hate for us to lose that and have it replaced by more oversize junk, like carlifts.

If that happens thank one of the sales turds next time you see one.

all i can say my friends is be careful...the grass in not greener on the other side. if any of us think that what is going on is not going on will all company's your kidding yourself.. i plan on riding the storm out and seeing what happens. the economy will take a turn, freight patterns will come back.

on the ashland comment, ive seen a lot of damages in oS&D. it would huge to lose that account..

Yes Buford your right, its HUGE alot of terminals that is a big chunk of their revenue. It's what keeps p&d L/H and the docks busy. People need to start remembering what we haul gives you a paycheck, we have to take care of the customer and their freight.

One of the damages they are kicking back is dented drums.Also,I brought this to my TMs attention,He said we shouldn't deliver any damaged Ashland freight without their ok yet I pointed out that it goes against our companies policy of delivering damages and letting the customer refuse it.I asked him if they planned on telling us this difference or just letting us hang and he said your right.No mention of the fact that they do this all the time.Change company policy and then tell us we are doing it wrong when we are doing it the way it was originally spelled out.

You mean Ashland Chemical?

I hope not. We haul a lot for them, and it's good freight. I would really hate for us to lose that and have it replaced by more oversize junk, like carlifts.

If that happens thank one of the sales turds next time you see one.
I work for one of your competetors,anyone can read your posts.Do you think its areal good idea to go naming a distressed account on a publicly viewed forum??

I work for one of your competetors,anyone can read your posts.Do you think its areal good idea to go naming a distressed account on a publicly viewed forum??
Maybe yes, and maybe no....One thing it does is alert R&L drivers who might not be aware of the situation there is a problem... I for one did not know there has been any problems with Ashland... It also alerts our competition, so they might make a play for the freight... It is a double edged sword...

I would love to sign the card, if we get a few termianls to do it with us, they can't shut the door of one and move freight out of another. I don't know why everyone is so scared but I have started to see a change lately in the way guys are thinking. They are tired of the abuse and disrespect!!

I would love to sign the card, if we get a few termianls to do it with us, they can't shut the door of one and move freight out of another. I don't know why everyone is so scared but I have started to see a change lately in the way guys are thinking. They are tired of the abuse and disrespect!!
Well i really belive things will change again when they get this Paramount rolling..... Ever heard of Dugan,Chris truck line and now Dugan again??? The same family has owned them all..... Roby R. is the person who is shown owning Paramount. I belive R&L will be sold and Paramount built up.... They have terminals in alot of cities to move into and the money to do it.... Just my conspiracy theory................................

Well i really belive things will change again when they get this Paramount rolling..... Ever heard of Dugan,Chris truck line and now Dugan again??? The same family has owned them all..... Roby R. is the person who is shown owning Paramount. I belive R&L will be sold and Paramount built up.... They have terminals in alot of cities to move into and the money to do it.... Just my conspiracy theory................................

I am starting to see alot of unhappy workers lately and I see how many guys are talked to like they are children. I am going to stand up for myself even if it means I will get fired. The sad thing is that most of my co workers don't have any balls so I think we need the union. Right now, they can let you go because they don't like you and we have no one to defend us.

yeah Ashland said too many skids of bags being damaged along with drums getting speared. About time the company starts buying drums picks.

At one time I would have defended the company, but after what I went thourgh the other day all I have to say is show me where to sign,and not worry about it because if there afraid of losing a 15 million dollar acount they won,t be able to close the door for a day because if they do they will lose other acounts, right now is a bad time to be closing the doors to prove a point.:1036316054:

I for one have never seen a company that forced in a U word, last in a good economy, much less a bad one. I would check the box next to NO. I don't need someone taking more of my check, so they can speak for me. I think I can say what I want, when the time is right. Don't forget, the owners still travel around, and you have your chance to say what is on your mind. The phone lines still go to the same people. When you call anyone, whether it is HR or the owners, they may not give you the answer you wanted to hear then, but they make a point to do the right thing after they hang up the phone. I have seen it happen several times personally. They tell the driver one thing, and then fix the problem.

I for one have never seen a company that forced in a U word, last in a good economy, much less a bad one. I would check the box next to NO. I don't need someone taking more of my check, so they can speak for me. I think I can say what I want, when the time is right. Don't forget, the owners still travel around, and you have your chance to say what is on your mind. The phone lines still go to the same people. When you call anyone, whether it is HR or the owners, they may not give you the answer you wanted to hear then, but they make a point to do the right thing after they hang up the phone. I have seen it happen several times personally. They tell the driver one thing, and then fix the problem.

I'm with you on that one.:1036316054: