R&L | Not a job for drivers

I'm with you on that one.:1036316054:

the U word won't work here at r&l they have been ready for that to happen along time ago I was told by a someone in the big office they got ways around that if it happen say if chi terminal vote in the U all the other companys gator frt greenwood will take over the name won't skip a beat that why they still use the name of the company and take a look at you check stub everyone work for r&l tranfer company

I for one have never seen a company that forced in a U word, last in a good economy, much less a bad one. I would check the box next to NO. I don't need someone taking more of my check, so they can speak for me. I think I can say what I want, when the time is right. Don't forget, the owners still travel around, and you have your chance to say what is on your mind. The phone lines still go to the same people. When you call anyone, whether it is HR or the owners, they may not give you the answer you wanted to hear then, but they make a point to do the right thing after they hang up the phone. I have seen it happen several times personally. They tell the driver one thing, and then fix the problem.

Yeah ,the owners travel around and in the 5 yrs ive worked here and 2 yrs our new terminal has been opened we haven't had one visit by them.Sometimes I think they forget they have terminals up here.

the U word won't work here at r&l they have been ready for that to happen along time ago I was told by a someone in the big office they got ways around that if it happen say if chi terminal vote in the U all the other companys gator frt greenwood will take over the name won't skip a beat that why they still use the name of the company and take a look at you check stub everyone work for r&l tranfer company

I agreed to say no to the U word.I wouldn't want to see that come at all.
:1036316054:

Yeah ,the owners travel around and in the 5 yrs ive worked here and 2 yrs our new terminal has been opened we haven't had one visit by them.Sometimes I think they forget they have terminals up here.

I have been here about 2 years and I never heard them visit close at all.

This is a non union company. Union talk, even by employees of R&L is prohibited. Take all union talk to the union-non union, or the non union only board near the top of the page. Any further union talk and the whole topic will be deleted. Thank you. Truckingboards Mgt.

I dont know who you are but the drivers have the right to say what they want when they want it is call freedoom of speech so take a hike !

Oh by the way I am a former R+L driver and the co. is crap they moved my ins to a ppo from a hmo with out telling me . they think my time is for free and should be there for free so if i have to waite for two hours that is on me and heven for bid if i am one minute late i get a letter and know there using temps to cut cost at the drivers expence this co. is going down or geting ready to sale i have been around for 20 years in ca. and have worked saia bestway , overnite , yellow and r+l is the worest .

Talk to other P&D drivers in your area,we are not doing to bad. Everyone else is slow,we are pretty busy as far as I can see, at least our terminal is doing well. Now is the time to be hunting and fishing for more freight,shippers are trying to save as much money as they can and we beat most outfits in the bidding wars.If your route is a little slow one day,stop in that little business you see loading trucks in their small parking lot and hand them a card. even if they only ship one skid a month you still helped R&L grow a bit. Maybe that small business will save some money and be able to grow and ship more one day. We all know our salesman are useless,it's up to us to get more freight flowing through the terminal. We see the other LTL guys picking up freight at places we never go,when your slow kill some time by dropping off some literature, chances are they never heard of R&L. If we can really increase business there will be no excuse for no cost of living raise next April!!!

That all sounds good, but I cover a very large area. Last thing I need is sales turds sniffing around in my area trying to find me more work, especially if it's near the beginning of my run so I'd have to worry about getting all the way back to those places before they close.

Oh by the way I am a former R+L driver and the co. is crap they moved my ins to a ppo from a hmo with out telling me . they think my time is for free and should be there for free so if i have to waite for two hours that is on me and heven for bid if i am one minute late i get a letter and know there using temps to cut cost at the drivers expence this co. is going down or geting ready to sale i have been around for 20 years in ca. and have worked saia bestway , overnite , yellow and r+l is the worest .

I know he won't see it cause he's been banned, but it looks like he couldn't keep a job!!! Saia, Bestway, Overnite, Yellow, and R&L...I believe this person has some serious issues...:1036316054:

That all sounds good, but I cover a very large area. Last thing I need is sales turds sniffing around in my area trying to find me more work, especially if it's near the beginning of my run so I'd have to worry about getting all the way back to those places before they close.

Or, as happens to me a lot, picking up this freight when you still have 3/4 of a trailer of freight to deliver. I can deal with this, but if its oversized freight, then your screwed...

Or, as happens to me a lot, picking up this freight when you still have 3/4 of a trailer of freight to deliver. I can deal with this, but if its oversized freight, then your screwed...

I have to pick freight up before I am finished with my deliveries almost every week. If the pick-up happens to be oversized I let dispatch know that it will have to be picked up later. Otherwise there is not enough room on the trailer to work around it.

The worst that can happen is your area becomes really busy and it gets extra drivers added to it. You might become just a volume guy and the others do all the crap work while you inform dispatch where to send the other guys. Or you just do the deliveries and they send 2 or 3 guys out to cover the pick ups!!!!!!!!! I rarely pick up oversized freight. I call dispatch and let them make the choice. Unless I'm light on pick ups that day, he'll send someone from 50 miles away rather than me lose precious space and maybe miss a pick up because I'm short on space.

The worst that can happen is your area becomes really busy and it gets extra drivers added to it. You might become just a volume guy and the others do all the crap work while you inform dispatch where to send the other guys. Or you just do the deliveries and they send 2 or 3 guys out to cover the pick ups!!!!!!!!! I rarely pick up oversized freight. I call dispatch and let them make the choice. Unless I'm light on pick ups that day, he'll send someone from 50 miles away rather than me lose precious space and maybe miss a pick up because I'm short on space.

That must be nice our TM and dispatch would tell us to find someway to get it that thats our job as a pro that R&L hired you for and thats what your getting paid top dollar for:nutkick:

Sling, If you get to much work.... They gotta give ya help at some point.
I ran an area for three years building it up so well that the customers would call my personal cell phone to communicate with me when their pick up would be really. The customer always came first......even if I didn't get to eat my lunch I brought with me. I've had some write letters to corporate telling them they ONLY ship R+L because of me and my proffesional service. This area grew so big that I started to need some help with either deliveries on the way out or pick ups later in the day. I started to cut my del's to make pick ups cause it was getting out of hand. It's not too bad with 10 del's but when they start giving you 15 to 17 del's I can't do it all.

Bottom line...........I was brought into the TM's office recently and told "If you can't handle the area I'll get someone in there who can". I told him "Go for it". Now he has atleast 2 to 3 guy's in that area now and he has been a real J.O. toward me.

Ya I am the one that they send 50-60 mile for one skid :1036316054:
I get paid by the hr

I ran an area for three years building it up so well that the customers would call my personal cell phone to communicate with me when their pick up would be really. The customer always came first......even if I didn't get to eat my lunch I brought with me. I've had some write letters to corporate telling them they ONLY ship R+L because of me and my proffesional service. This area grew so big that I started to need some help with either deliveries on the way out or pick ups later in the day. I started to cut my del's to make pick ups cause it was getting out of hand. It's not too bad with 10 del's but when they start giving you 15 to 17 del's I can't do it all.

Bottom line...........I was brought into the TM's office recently and told "If you can't handle the area I'll get someone in there who can". I told him "Go for it". Now he has atleast 2 to 3 guy's in that area now and he has been a real J.O. toward me.
that's what I'm saying,the more you do the more they expect,but eventually it catches up with ya and your swamped. Next time you see the TM ask him with a straight face "how those guys working out for you?" and walk away:biglaugh:

that's what I'm saying,the more you do the more they expect,but eventually it catches up with ya and your swamped. Next time you see the TM ask him with a straight face "how those guys working out for you?" and walk away:biglaugh:
I'd LOVE to see that LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look on TM's face= PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!

What do you mean they won't skip a beat,
!? Just switching the name won't do it. After the name switch, you have to replace your entire dock and driving crew. I can't believe so many people are so brainwashed and walking around with blinders on. Come on people, wake up!! The people in the big office have everyone so scared to even fart! :butt kiss: :butt kiss: