ODFL | Not allowed ?

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
Can anybody tell me what is NOT allowed in a company tractor ? The list may be growing.

As you know JB I don't work there but a friend of mine who does has been written up for leaving anything in the truck, can't even leave a ink pen, his TM has a real ****** for him and the slip driver has gotten him in trouble for this and other things about four times now.

The other driver has even had an AM FM hardwired into the truck but my friend doesn't play dirty like him and won't rat him out.

Was told a St Louis driver had his cb and other equipment wired in direct and they took it out, when he came in and asked where his stuff was they said locked in the TM's office, he got mad and quit, supposedly the TM called him and told him to come in and talk about it that there was no need to quit but he refused.

Just a couple things OD drivers have told me.

FM

I guess every terminal has different rules. At my terminal we all leave are stuff in are trucks and they never say anything to us about it

As you know JB I don't work there but a friend of mine who does has been written up for leaving anything in the truck, can't even leave a ink pen, his TM has a real ****** for him and the slip driver has gotten him in trouble for this and other things about four times now.

The other driver has even had an AM FM hardwired into the truck but my friend doesn't play dirty like him and won't rat him out.

Was told a St Louis driver had his cb and other equipment wired in direct and they took it out, when he came in and asked where his stuff was they said locked in the TM's office, he got mad and quit, supposedly the TM called him and told him to come in and talk about it that there was no need to quit but he refused.

Just a couple things OD drivers have told me.

FM

It's a shame your friend is stuck with someone like that.That fellow employee is causing him a lot of grief playing games and could cost him his job.To rat or not to rat.Or more plainly to feed your family or not.I believe I would go to plan B and discuss it away from work with the fellow employee in a way that would leave no doubt in his mind where I stood.You see a lot of fellas,the big boys too,feel safe playing their little games at work...forgetting they go to the mall,the car wash,and out to eat....of course all this is meant in a friendly way,open discussion between two grown men.

Put anything with ear phones and scanners on your leave at home list,then again depends on where you are.

I used to leave my stuff in the truck all the time. Then another driver sometimes used my truck mostly because it was the only one on the yard at the time and he didn't feel the need to leave my stuff for me to put in another truck. So I decided it was time to fix up a box so i could remove it easily and everytime I exited my truck. Now there are no problems at all knowing where my stuff is and in what condition it is left in. It is nice to be able to keep your stuff in one truck but if there is any chance of someone else using it I suggest making it easy on yourself and keep it with you. It avoids problems in so many areas.

Communication, communication that's all what it needs (not allways because somm ***..... are out there). I figured out which P&D drivers are using mostly my assigned truck. I have my stuff now in for about 2 months and it works out fine. Also City-Boys like to have some Entertainment while working.

Communication, communication that's all what it needs (not allways because somm As..... are out there). I figured out which P&D drivers are using mostly my assigned truck. I have my stuff now in for about 2 months and it works out fine. Also City-Boys like to have some Entertainment while working. And by the way.. I think our Job is hard enough and everybody higher then a truckdriver should appreciate our Job and be helpful insteed to put big stones in our track. As long as you dont destroy anything on and inside your Truck, have a nice box (Like mine) let us in peace.
Thanks!!
But like it is, there are allways Black Sheeps around who break destroy or steel.

Some drivers can't figure out how they're getting busted for "extra" parts.Everybody is watching trying to score points off your azz.The safety man,man in the service lane,mechanics,switchers,and other drivers.Your life will be much simpler if you just leave the "extras" at home.

In MRT they're doing a lot more checking of trucks while they're parked on the yard. They're going back to see who drove it last and giving them a write up of sorts. You have to follow what the checklist requires including a post trip report, locking the truck and parking with the truck in gear. Also it better be clean. No daycabs have anything at all left in them except for some city trucks. Limits on team trucks are the same as they always were, if the shop didn't install it, it doesn't belong. I did notice a team tractor the other day with the windows tinted, I'm looking for the dreaded memo to follow. Heaven help this super trucker if he has an incident!

a good time
anything to relax
a hooker

all things that belong in a truck that we cant put in a truck
i was kiding about one of the three things...ill let you guess which one.

Jason: Heard they're going to put in little letters saying (except hookers) under the NO RIDERS stickers on the windshield.