Yellow | not bluffing

Oh well , so what , they fired you. You were going to vote to close the company anyway. This gives you a head start on the rest of us in job hunting. Good luck !

Irishlol.gif

Oh well , so what , they fired you. You were going to vote to close the company anyway. This gives you a head start on the rest of us in job hunting. Good luck !

This is true!! Well said!! Actually i think im going to go back to collage and get out of this business!.... No future in it anymore! no reason for anyone to deal with there crap anymore!

We took allot of crap from management over the years! we took it because we knew one day being a teamster, we could retire with a decent pension. and make a decent wage until that time comes!........... well theres nothing left to put up with the crap for anymore! and when non union company's are making way more then a teamster, you know the war was lost!!!

This is true!! Well said!! Actually i think im going to go back to collage and get out of this business!.... No future in it anymore! no reason for anyone to deal with there crap anymore!

We took allot of crap from management over the years! we took it because we knew one day being a teamster, we could retire with a decent pension. and make a decent wage until that time comes!........... well theres nothing left to put up with the crap for anymore! and when non union company's are making way more then a teamster, you know the war was lost!!!

Maybe you just quit fighting and let the Conways and Fed-Ex's take it from us?

So you could not take extended time off work because you could not afford it, but you voted no. Good luck with that.

The union and the financial experts have been clear. There will be no second vote. No will mean no job.

Just like the union said there 100% behind this and in truth the majority union big wigs reject this contract. They were caught in a big lie an had to retract there statement. Change now they surport everyone gets a ballot

Do you honestly think we will let YRC decide the fate of ABF? Really?

Have you heard of multi employer pension plans? Last I checked, YRC has been trying to figure out how to not pay into the multi employer pension funds. Reason? They are tired of paying into the pension funds that benefit people who have never worked any of the YRCW unionized companies. The reason that many members are paying huge monies for their health benefits after retirement is that they are orphans. They retired from companies who no longer exist. If YRCW folds, and no monies go into the health and welfare, there will be a multi level negative effect on retirees, and current employees. All YRCW employees who remain unemployed in the union segment will be considered orphans. That leaves ABF to fund the multi employer pension fund,and contribute to the health and welfare, leaving YRCW retirees (now orphans) to pay up to $1600/ month in medical. ABF is not in the same financial high debt mess that YRCW is in. But the LTL freight market is still soft, with many discounts, and other (non union) sharks are smelling blood in the water...again. With ABF as the only major union LTL player remaining, if we fold, it will be just a matter of time before they do...even if their company is managed and ran in a superior fashion to what is happening at
YRC. The reason will be they will be saddled with the cost of people who have never worked for ABF....the cost will be overwhelming.

Have you heard of multi employer pension plans? Last I checked, YRC has been trying to figure out how to not pay into the multi employer pension funds. Reason? They are tired of paying into the pension funds that benefit people who have never worked any of the YRCW unionized companies. The reason that many members are paying huge monies for their health benefits after retirement is that they are orphans. They retired from companies who no longer exist. If YRCW folds, and no monies go into the health and welfare, there will be a multi level negative effect on retirees, and current employees. All YRCW employees who remain unemployed in the union segment will be considered orphans. That leaves ABF to fund the multi employer pension fund,and contribute to the health and welfare, leaving YRCW retirees (now orphans) to pay up to $1600/ month in medical. ABF is not in the same financial high debt mess that YRCW is in. But the LTL freight market is still soft, with many discounts, and other (non union) sharks are smelling blood in the water...again. With ABF as the only major union LTL player remaining, if we fold, it will be just a matter of time before they do...even if their company is managed and ran in a superior fashion to what is happening at
YRC. The reason will be they will be saddled with the cost of people who have never worked for ABF....the cost will be overwhelming.
Very well stated tmstrtrukr too bad it is being read by people who have no idea how fragile all the funds are. And to you THEBIGSHOW yes sadly the fate of YRCW IS going to effect ABF. You may bury your head in the sand but the facts are as portrayed by tmstrtrukr. ConWay, FedEx, Old Dominion, ETC. are hoping for the failure of YRC. They will be able to make rate hikes that will put them in line with actual costs. But if you think that those rates will translate to higher wages in the industry you really will be disappointed. The over abundence of out of work freight people will exert downward pressure on wages. Good luck with your vote.

You asked me to explain, so I will. I've been Trailer Trucking for about 27 yrs and been a Teamster for 24 yrs, was at Consolidated Frieghtways 11 yrs of the 24 yrs. With that being said, I joined the Union for a reason. Not just for good pay and benefits but for dignity, respect and a better way of life. Being a Teamster stood for something. It said we stand together as Teamster brothers and look out for whats best for each other. We stand strong and stand for principles. We have to ask ourselves " Am I willing to throw away 50 yrs of Teamster progress of what was hard fought for at the chance of losing a job, or give in to corporate mismanagement, lies, disrespect and greed to save my own butt." Let's stand with those sacrificed before us for what we have. I would rather go down fighting for what is right than to live with myself as a spineless pushover.

You asked me to explain, so I will. I've been Trailer Trucking for about 27 yrs and been a Teamster for 24 yrs, was at Consolidated Frieghtways 11 yrs of the 24 yrs. With that being said, I joined the Union for a reason. Not just for good pay and benefits but for dignity, respect and a better way of life. Being a Teamster stood for something. It said we stand together as Teamster brothers and look out for whats best for each other. We stand strong and stand for principles. We have to ask ourselves " Am I willing to throw away 50 yrs of Teamster progress of what was hard fought for at the chance of losing a job, or give in to corporate mismanagement, lies, disrespect and greed to save my own butt." Let's stand with those sacrificed before us for what we have. I would rather go down fighting for what is right than to live with myself as a spineless pushover.

:6788::clapping::1036316054:

Y'all know that they'll just take all this money again and discount the crap out of the freight and the non onions will keep up in a heartbeat and in a few monthes the pos company will be even further in debt and closer to bankruptcy and you'll be a alot lighter in the wallet than if you had voted no. They start the discount bs again and this time ups, fed-x and conjob will bury them.

where I work there will be a 6.9% rate increase Nov 1 from what I hear, may be a long cold winter there too

where I work there will be a 6.9% rate increase Nov 1 from what I hear, may be a long cold winter there too
Hope like hell it can stick and those frieght *****s we all deal with finally have to pay up.

Hope like hell it can stick and those frieght *****s we all deal with finally have to pay up.

the biggest problem is the pie used to be real big and everybody got their slice, now the pie is small and everybody is paying the price...
For now in a nutshell it's survival of the fittest. There are too many trucks and not enough freight, it's a shippers market and until it once again becomes a carriers market, we all will suffer

our tm told us yesterday that we took a increase with another 1 right around the corner . says they need to money to finish the rest of the change of ops so we can be more lean and ready for the big push back into being to power of ltl .
wow we are gonna rule the ltl market with not enough man power to do the work . wonder how well that will work?

Now that you're fired & before you head back to college, it might help if you learned to spell it first.

The union and the financial experts have been clear. There will be no second vote. No will mean no job.
Do you think that if they didn't make it sound CLEAR, they would get any yes votes on this POS? Of course not. So they have to scare us with the guaranteed closure tactic.

tm said yesterday if a no.... light go out. so if you want to vote no please vote yes and we will give you a good resume so you can find other work.
told him im fine here for now and hope he has his resume up to date

Do you think that if they didn't make it sound CLEAR, they would get any yes votes on this POS? Of course not. So they have to scare us with the guaranteed closure tactic.

Thats exactly what they are doing. They have to truly convince the dumb teamsters there is no hope of a second offer. You either take this or nothing, and you Will Never get another Job Anywhere....Ever again.

Now that you're fired & before you head back to college, it might help if you learned to spell it first.

Your dumber then a Idiot!! you just proved your not a teamster with that post!. if you were you would know its not a simple "your fired" and its over in the union, ( at least for now) but thats probably something they'll go for with the next concession!,

and besides, if all your worried is about someones spelling, then your just a outsider trying to fan the fire! your not even management with that kinda post!!

Your dumber then a Idiot!! you just proved your not a teamster with that post!. if you were you would know its not a simple "your fired" and its over in the union, ( at least for now) but thats probably something they'll go for with the next concession!,

and besides, if all your worried is about someones spelling, then your just a outsider trying to fan the fire! your not even management with that kinda post!!

Definitely a young guy here cdlguy. He probably doesn't even know what your profile picture is. Preston was the best job I ever had even with the pay reduction we had. Yellow sucked but I miss the men I worked with there, still talk to some but it was fun to work with them. noway nohow hasn't put up with bs from management long enough, I would bet, to understand what you are talking about. I have been gone now since 4/14/09. Working at Conway with quite a few Yellow guys. Hate it, never thought I would be a non-union driver again. My dad retired 9 yrs ago at age 51 with 30 yrs in. I was hoping to get at least 25. There are none to be had here.Like you said "when non union company's are making way more then a teamster, you know the war was lost!!!" good luck all, I was pushed so far towards the bottom from all the transfers to my barn,(around 70 slots in 1 year), on top of the guys at Roadway above me that I'll never be back before the 5 yr deadline is up if they pull through.