Yellow | not bluffing

Definitely a young guy here cdlguy. He probably doesn't even know what your profile picture is. Preston was the best job I ever had even with the pay reduction we had. Yellow sucked but I miss the men I worked with there, still talk to some but it was fun to work with them. noway nohow hasn't put up with bs from management long enough, I would bet, to understand what you are talking about. I have been gone now since 4/14/09. Working at Conway with quite a few Yellow guys. Hate it, never thought I would be a non-union driver again. My dad retired 9 yrs ago at age 51 with 30 yrs in. I was hoping to get at least 25. There are none to be had here.Like you said "when non union company's are making way more then a teamster, you know the war was lost!!!" good luck all, I was pushed so far towards the bottom from all the transfers to my barn,(around 70 slots in 1 year), on top of the guys at Roadway above me that I'll never be back before the 5 yr deadline is up if they pull through.

Well to answer that post........ if you wern't on the East coast you wouldn't know what Preston was. But since I had 16 yrs at Red Star, I think you could say i was around when preston was here... but having a picture of a preston logo isnt proof he was ever a "driver" at preston.

O yeah, thanks for calling me a young guy!!

Well to answer that post........ if you wern't on the East coast you wouldn't know what Preston was. But since I had 16 yrs at Red Star, I think you could say i was around when preston was here... but having a picture of a preston logo isnt proof he was ever a "driver" at preston.

well your comments didn't make you sound like a very knowledgeable older man sooo.....

Whatever happened to only a cardinal sin rule? They can fire you but you stay working until a ruling. I'd be on the phone to any tv or radio news station to make a case. You only need 1 to bite and see how this pos company likes being put in the lime light for putting a disabled child at risk. People and "customers" hate companies that mess with kids. Good luck.

That's only if the company needs you....... With all the lay-offs they have back-ups waiting to work......... As far back as I can remember Roadway always went straight to Bi-State for the committee to decide, No warnings or time off "Your Fired"

Not that it's worth commenting on, but there's a lot of guys on here that know me personally, & that I had many years in at Preston before they closed down. I was a shop steward for 9 years at Yellow before getting laid off at the merge. I've been a member of Truckingboards for years; you apparently have only been here since the concessions have become an issue, since your name is 'no way no how'. You are the one on here, spouting all kinds of trash, attacking people for the decisions they need to make for themselves & their families. And you are the one who brought up going to 'college', but misspelled 5 words in the same post about college. I don't think you'll do very well there until you can spell. Just sayin'.

Oh, and by the way, you can be fired for refusing work. In our barn, you can be forced overtime, & it's a voluntary quit if you refuse. And if you really are a driver, you would know that. :GrowUp::wavey:

Not that it's worth commenting on, but there's a lot of guys on here that know me personally, & that I had many years in at Preston before they closed down. I was a shop steward for 9 years at Yellow before getting laid off at the merge. I've been a member of Truckingboards for years; you apparently have only been here since the concessions have become an issue, since your name is 'no way no how'. You are the one on here, spouting all kinds of trash, attacking people for the decisions they need to make for themselves & their families. And you are the one who brought up going to 'college', but misspelled 5 words in the same post about college. I don't think you'll do very well there until you can spell. Just sayin'.

Oh, and by the way, you can be fired for refusing work. In our barn, you can be forced overtime, & it's a voluntary quit if you refuse. And if you really are a driver, you would know that. :GrowUp::wavey:

If you were a shop steward, then you would know the article that would let them fire me states, and i quote "the refusal to follow a direct order which is not in violation of the contract or law. abandoning a child is kinda sorta against the law here in MD. even if it wasn't, theres not a single thing at any trucking company more important then my son! and if you think there is.. i sure wouldn't want you as my steward, friend, co-worker, or living in the USA

Profile of those who are voting Yes.

1 ) High up on the seniority list enough to get the bid he wants, and usually has a steady run and probably a assigned truck.
2 ) Only has a couple of years left till retiring.
3 ) too fat or out of shape to be hired by another trucking company other then OTR
4 ) has accidents on his record
5 ) has pissed dirty or has a past DWI
6 ) has burned all his bridges to any other trucking company in the area
7 ) he, or a member of his family covered by his insurance, has now or has had in the past a life threatening illness.
8 ) lives in boonies and this is the only trucking company around for miles and miles.
9 ) Has aspergers or some other mentally handicapping condition that makes them afraid of change
10 ) His wife told him he had to vote Yes

I find it quite interesting that you say you got fired because you needed to be there for your autistic son, but you make insulting & discriminatory comments like #9. You're all over these boards callling people idiots, but I think you've revealed what you really are. These boards are for all Teamsters to voice their opinions & discuss things. And they have the right to without being attacked & called insulting names just because they're not voting the way you want them to. I personally think you should be banned. Just my two cents. :sign0024::GrowUp::1036316054:

If you were a shop steward, then you would know the article that would let them fire me states, and i quote "the refusal to follow a direct order which is not in violation of the contract or law. abandoning a child is kinda sorta against the law here in MD. even if it wasn't, theres not a single thing at any trucking company more important then my son! and if you think there is.. i sure wouldn't want you as my steward, friend, co-worker, or living in the USA

It makes me wonder about a 'dad' with an autistic son who then comes on these boards calling people mentally handicapped & using Aspbergers as a put down. I wouldn't want you as my friend or my dad, making fun of the mentally disabled; don't you consider that an insult to your son? And I challenge you to prove that you were told to 'abandon' your son.

I find it quite interesting that you say you got fired because you needed to be there for your autistic son, but you make insulting & discriminatory comments like #9. You're all over these boards callling people idiots, but I think you've revealed what you really are. These boards are for all Teamsters to voice their opinions & discuss things. And they have the right to without being attacked & called insulting names just because they're not voting the way you want them to. I personally think you should be banned. Just my two cents. :sign0024::GrowUp::1036316054:

your so called attacks i made were responses to attacks already made by those voting the other way.. same as your doing here!...... and do you know anyone with any form of autism? aspergers is a form of autism! so yes, i do have a understanding of the disorder! more then you know! my sisters husband and son both have that condition! so i know how they hate change!.. if thats insulting, then again, i wouldnt want you as my steward! your too 2 dimensional. you take a truth and try and turn it to make it look like a attack!

your so called attacks i made were responses to attacks already made by those voting the other way.. same as your doing here!...... and do you know anyone with any form of autism? aspergers is a form of autism! so yes, i do have a understanding of the disorder! more then you know! my sisters husband and son both have that condition! so i know how they hate change!.. if thats insulting, then again, i wouldnt want you as my steward! your too 2 dimensional. you take a truth and try and turn it to make it look like a attack!

I call it as I see it. And yes, I know people with Aspbergers, & we have several children in our family with autism. And I'd cut out my tongue before I used those words against people just because they don't have the same opinions as you. I never attack anyone for their opinions & the right to say them. But you have all over these boards, calling people idiots, & mentally handicapped, which is using it as a slur. You can voice your opinion about your vote, but don't attack people & call them names just because they don't agree with you.

I call it as I see it. And yes, I know people with Aspbergers, & we have several children in our family with autism. And I'd cut out my tongue before I used those words against people just because they don't have the same opinions as you. I never attack anyone for their opinions & the right to say them. But you have all over these boards, calling people idiots, & mentally handicapped, which is using it as a slur. You can voice your opinion about your vote, but don't attack people & call them names just because they don't agree with you.

by the way, since this all started with a spelling lesson, there is no "B" in aspergers.... maybe we both need to go back to school and learn how to spell!

At least I can spell college, & 'companies', & the difference between their & there. I learned all that in grade school. And I learned not to call people names. And by the way, here was another of your posts, attacking people, posted on the very day you joined these boards.

"Grow up and be a man! you know, anyone who votes yes is either a total idiot, or is suffering from medical problems so severe that they will get on there knees and do anyone anywhere just to keep there medical going"

At least I can spell college, & 'companies', & the difference between their & there. I learned all that in grade school. And I learned not to call people names. And by the way, here was another of your posts, attacking people, posted on the very day you joined these boards.

"Grow up and be a man! you know, anyone who votes yes is either a total idiot, or is suffering from medical problems so severe that they will get on there knees and do anyone anywhere just to keep there medical going"

I never thought of it that way! but im glad your voting NO.. although you really shouldn't call people idiots!.... and as the old saying goes, if you live in a glass house, you shouldn't throw stones! in other words, if you miss spell yourself, don't go correcting others, and then cut them down about it! Makes you look like a narcissist.

I remember maybe 10 years ago someone asked at a onion meeting about going home for some reason while at work, not a bs reason and the pos ba gave some pro company excuse. So I asked the pos what if your wife was in a bad car accident and was in emergency and they wanted you to stay or go back out. Oh, they could fire you, "might" not stick but they would be in their rights. What a fat pos! All depends on who you are if they take you side.

I remember maybe 10 years ago someone asked at a onion meeting about going home for some reason while at work, not a bs reason and the pos ba gave some pro company excuse. So I asked the pos what if your wife was in a bad car accident and was in emergency and they wanted you to stay or go back out. Oh, they could fire you, "might" not stick but they would be in their rights. What a fat pos! All depends on who you are if they take you side.

stories of people getting fired for leaving work and going home are a dime a dozen

they don't care about you, or you problem

never did

never will

Your dumber then a Idiot!! you just proved your not a teamster with that post!. if you were you would know its not a simple "your fired" and its over in the union, ( at least for now) but thats probably something they'll go for with the next concession!,

and besides, if all your worried is about someones spelling, then your just a outsider trying to fan the fire! your not even management with that kinda post!!

cdl was 4 guys behind me at Preston (11 1/2 years there); 1 behind me at Yellow (9 years); Alternate Steward about 6 years or so. Like me, laid off since 10/2008. He was called back for about 3 weeks in March, 2009. That's where I jumped from this sinking ship. If there is a war, I want him in the foxhole with me! He won't run in a fight--- back you all the way!

cdl was 4 guys behind me at Preston (11 1/2 years there); 1 behind me at Yellow (9 years); Alternate Steward about 6 years or so. Like me, laid off since 10/2008. He was called back for about 3 weeks in March, 2009. That's where I jumped from this sinking ship. If there is a war, I want him in the foxhole with me! He won't run in a fight--- back you all the way!

Those are the people you go the distance with Jimmy. Glad to see you give him recognition for it.

Definitely a young guy here cdlguy. He probably doesn't even know what your profile picture is. Preston was the best job I ever had even with the pay reduction we had. Yellow sucked but I miss the men I worked with there, still talk to some but it was fun to work with them. noway nohow hasn't put up with bs from management long enough, I would bet, to understand what you are talking about. I have been gone now since 4/14/09. Working at Conway with quite a few Yellow guys. Hate it, never thought I would be a non-union driver again. My dad retired 9 yrs ago at age 51 with 30 yrs in. I was hoping to get at least 25. There are none to be had here.Like you said "when non union company's are making way more then a teamster, you know the war was lost!!!" good luck all, I was pushed so far towards the bottom from all the transfers to my barn,(around 70 slots in 1 year), on top of the guys at Roadway above me that I'll never be back before the 5 yr deadline is up if they pull through.

We have a 10 year recall now, if the company is here in 10 years.

I never thought of it that way! but im glad your voting NO.. although you really shouldn't call people idiots!.... and as the old saying goes, if you live in a glass house, you shouldn't throw stones! in other words, if you miss spell yourself, don't go correcting others, and then cut them down about it! Makes you look like a narcissist.

Apparently you're too dense to know that the line

are YOUR words, not mine. I have morals, I don't call people names. That's your mode of operation.