Yellow | not bluffing

What happened to the "comprehensive turnaround plan"? I thought the last concession was supposed to fix everything and we would go back to normal. If you just want to finance this companies survival at any cost in order to save your job, then you should probably vote yes. Oh, and by the way, do you have any savings you might like to contribute to the cause? Maybe some jewelry or gold coins laying around? The way I see it this thing is broken beyond repair. Somebody mentioned them making money now, but not enough, did I miss it, they had a profit? When was that? I thought they were barely EBITDA positive. I hate to say it, but I don't see them making it, no way. Might as well make as much as you can until they shut it down, or you can help the creditors recoup a greater % of they're losses before they shut it down.

The no voters should have the courage of their convictions and walk away. Vote yes so the rest of us can keep our jobs and then quit and go find yourselves a better one. A no vote will close the company and put us all out of work , no point in that.

The no voters should have the courage of their convictions and walk away. Vote yes so the rest of us can keep our jobs and then quit and go find yourselves a better one. A no vote will close the company and put us all out of work , no point in that.

Not that I'm comparing our company asking for give-backs with ABF, I know we are way worse off then them.......... But didn't the top dogs at ABF go to some of their terminals and have meetings where the union people were told if they didn't pass the concessions they would be closed in no time? Was posted on the old forum, Think some said 2 weeks and others said they were told the end of the year.......... Guess they was bluffing since they are busy as ever and hiring like crazy.........Point is I don't think any of us want to go somewhere else and work, I don't think a no vote means closing, I don't think our company has told us the truth in the past or this time or the union for that matter. I for one do think there is another plan if this one gets voted down....... A yes vote to me just means they are gonna abuse us for a little longer before they cry wolf again........ I can live with myself if the way I vote which is gonna be a NO happens to help this company close. Then I will go find another Job......
As I said in another post I don't wanna see it happen but I'm willing to take a chance and play my cards. Why should I walk away? I have every right to my opinion and vote as do you, Correct? If the yes votes pass and we stay in business I will have to live with something I don't agree with and take it......... I guess the yes voters will have to do the same if they fail..........

The last round of concessions, supposedly the Teamsters got a seat on the board & access to the financial records. So, what has that person been doing all this time that this was such a 'surprise': playing chess with $bill??:duh::chairshot:

The last round of concessions, supposedly the Teamsters got a seat on the board & access to the financial records. So, what has that person been doing all this time that this was such a 'surprise': playing chess with $bill??:duh::chairshot:

Have you read any of the financial I have been posting ? This has been going on for a long time . The Corporation is 1.2 Billion on debt .

I can answer that question.........He has been drawing a check and has been paid off to shut up .........

Have you read any of the financial I have been posting ? This has been going on for a long time . The Corporation is 1.2 Billion on debt .

I understand the debt they're in (although that's not the fault of the men who move the freight). Why shouldn't it be on the backs of the ones who put us in this debt? We were willing twice to give concessions because of the recession, but the fact that they want us now to once again bail them out because they waste money, have too many high paid supervisors when there's less to supervise, blah blah blah. We didn't ask them to get in such huge debt to buy Roadway, Holland, & the others. And we shouldn't have to pay for it.

I want to vote now They can have anything they want I will vote GO POUND SAND !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost feel like I should refrain from voting on this one. I've been laid off so long now that I've gotten another job (at a nonunion non-ltl company), & not too optimistic about ever getting called back. Maybe this should be the decision of the ones still working, whether they want to continue working under these conditions. Any thoughts?

I understand the debt they're in (although that's not the fault of the men who move the freight). Why shouldn't it be on the backs of the ones who put us in this debt? We were willing twice to give concessions because of the recession, but the fact that they want us now to once again bail them out because they waste money, have too many high paid supervisors when there's less to supervise, blah blah blah. We didn't ask them to get in such huge debt to buy Roadway, Holland, & the others. And we shouldn't have to pay for it.
You don't have to pay for. Walk away. This is not rocket science . You cannot vote money out of a turnip.

Don't trust your union ? Don't trust your company ? Go find something better. But vote yes before you do.

You have to earn trust........ Both of the them have given me reasons not to trust them......I didn't say I could find something better, maybe who knows......... But as long as I'm an employee like you, I will have a vote and have to live with the results.
I will be here to the end, Sorry!!

I almost feel like I should refrain from voting on this one. I've been laid off so long now that I've gotten another job (at a nonunion non-ltl company), & not too optimistic about ever getting called back. Maybe this should be the decision of the ones still working, whether they want to continue working under these conditions. Any thoughts?

Looking at it from a junior guys perspective, the senor(seen-your) guys didn't mind throwing you under the bus, twice. Now its your turn to throw them under the bus and back up too. Whats fair is fair.

At 309 road drivers were recalled due to vacations by other road drivers. When that occurs you do understand that YRC is paying 2 H&W payments for 1 working driver!!!!

Yes and that is called a benefit something teamsters fought long and hard for that should not be given up

bluffing? you know what cards he's got. $1.2B debt. go ahead and call

post 11
by regualr 342

That is pretty much what KK said the other day. There is NO reason to think this stupid a$$ company has a plan B. Whats funny is that the vast majority of NO voters are also the ones who say they can't find another job right now yet they are completely willing to possibly vote to eliminate everyone's job. And you older boys.....who do you think is going to want to hire an older driver/dockman who just happens to be a former teamster? Answer.......NO ONE. Just keep that in mind and know the risks that you are taking by casting either vote.

there was a plan b for chicago
remember?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a better idea. If you want to work for substandard wages and benefits, YOU leave on your own, and let the rest of us live with what we have fought so hard for.:1036316054: