Yellow | not bluffing

I almost feel like I should refrain from voting on this one. I've been laid off so long now that I've gotten another job (at a nonunion non-ltl company), & not too optimistic about ever getting called back. Maybe this should be the decision of the ones still working, whether they want to continue working under these conditions. Any thoughts?
YEP. Just follow my posts!:biglaugh:

I understand the debt they're in (although that's not the fault of the men who move the freight). Why shouldn't it be on the backs of the ones who put us in this debt? We were willing twice to give concessions because of the recession, but the fact that they want us now to once again bail them out because they waste money, have too many high paid supervisors when there's less to supervise, blah blah blah. We didn't ask them to get in such huge debt to buy Roadway, Holland, & the others. And we shouldn't have to pay for it.

The employees never paid for anything; this isn't paying for anything, nor is it a 'give-back'. It's all about 'this is what the new wage and benes will be- will you work for this amount?' Simple question, really. If you agree, vote yes. If you don't, vote no. Then live with the consequences of whichever way passes. The Teamsters have a contract with a company to do it's work, to not manage it, not to profit or lose from it. Leave the emotion out; figure out if your vote equals keeping your job or losing it, and move on....

Personally (no one asked me, yes, I no longer work there).....I think YRC is done either way......really doesn't matter 'who's fault' it is.....

The employees never paid for anything; this isn't paying for anything, nor is it a 'give-back'. It's all about 'this is what the new wage and benes will be- will you work for this amount?' Simple question, really. If you agree, vote yes. If you don't, vote no. Then live with the consequences of whichever way passes. The Teamsters have a contract with a company to do it's work, to not manage it, not to profit or lose from it. Leave the emotion out; figure out if your vote equals keeping your job or losing it, and move on.
Personally (no one asked me, yes, I no longer work there).....I think YRC is done either way......really doesn't matter 'who's fault' it is.....

The only thing I'm worried about now is that there will be a pension fund for us. I've moved on too. And life is so much better after YRC; they treat me like a human at my new job. :1036316054:

The only thing I'm worried about now is that there will be a pension fund for us.

"I Wish there was, I Wish there was, I Wish there was".......(Somehow, I'm not convincing myself....)

You and I may be the very few that seemed to have come out fine. I'm glad for you-- you deserve it! Pray for the rest-- this could be rough sailing!

Last edited by a moderator:
''To explain the last one, think about the Yahoo article on the guy who started his own electric car company, owned 80% or so of the stock, but was bankrupt on paper and was borrowing money from his friends to live on regularly. He freely admits when the stock goes public, he'll make 100's of millions of dollars.''

I really have to question anything that I read on Yahoo Finance.

No winners in this no matter how the vote goes!!!

How right you are! The workers either take a cut or lose their jobs; the Company either ticks off employees or closes its doors; the banks either wait for their money or get worthless property in a bad economy in return....The Pension Fund either gets less or nothing-- possible collapse. The customers lose; either YRC comes with ticked off employees to pick up their freight, or they face possibly losing loads on out of business closed-down trailers. Even the government loses-- decreased income tax, or more people on unemployment. No one wins.....especially families waiting to see if the Bread-Winners still have jobs so they can eat and live in their house.....

i like how our stock options went poof in a minute.that was our award for voting yes and sacraficing our paycheck.i get a fuzzy warm feeling.

bluffing? you know what cards he's got. $1.2B debt. go ahead and call

Many Many companies have debt! thats not an issue if you have a business that can make money to pay the debt!!! but when you have a business model (merger of yellow roadway) that wont work.. there's your problem.. is it not working because of duplication of services or is it due to the people in charge don't know what the hell they are doing?? Some people act like yrc needs to be debt free in order to make money!!!! gimme a break.. newpenn holland and reddeway are operating ok, maybe take some of their people to show yrc how to run a trucking company

its simple if you want to keep your job vote yes/if you dont vote yes and move on with your life and find another job that pays like this/good luck to ya

As a driver for ABF this offer they are asking you to vote on is a bunch of ::shit::, you workers gave all you can give and still the company is at no avail, what will this do? not only are they asking for your present but they want your future as well, to ask you to take this ::shit:: into the next contract is just pulling us as teamsters around by our necks.. vote the way you may but just look at the track record of the last huge give back you took... was it worth it and look where you are now waiting to vote on some more cuts,

its simple if you want to keep your job vote yes/if you dont vote yes and move on with your life and find another job that pays like this/good luck to ya

its real simple... vote no and send them back to the table or vote yes and destroy the freight union!!!!!!

Many Many companies have debt! thats not an issue if you have a business that can make money to pay the debt!!!

that is thee problem..that is thee issue--no money

but when you have a business model (merger of yellow roadway) that wont work.. there's your problem.. is it not working because of duplication of services

noooo that was thee reason for the merge..get rid of overlap-headcount and fleetsize

or is it due to the people in charge don't know what the hell they are doing?? Some people act like yrc needs to be debt free in order to make money!!!! gimme a break.. newpenn holland and reddeway are operating ok, maybe take some of their people to show yrc how to run a trucking company

nooo..Roadway-Yellow wrote the book on a national freight systems. Holland-New Penn are regional carriers.
A
27.gif
can manage a regional carrier and make money

nooo..Roadway-Yellow wrote the book on a national freight systems. Holland-New Penn are regional carriers.
A
27.gif
can manage a regional carrier and make money

Is that why Roadway had to go out and buy Newpenn couldn't figure out to do overnight themselves or was it Newpenn management at the time knew what they were doing...Looks like all the monkeys are at YRC now trying to run it into the ground..

Are you kidding me!!!!! Yellow ruined every company they put their hands on!!! And if you look back to the year prior to them trying to but their way to the top of the industry they were the worst company financialyl out of all the companies they bought!!! and they bought them on credit!!!
A monkey could see that yellow buying roadway was gonna fail!!!!

I agree with vwaggs..........Why in the world would a bank lend money then worry later about abunch of truckdrivers voting to take cuts.....?.....Does not make any sense.........Yrc has money and they want to line their pockets at the expense of poor truckdrivers and dockworkers..........nuff said

Yes and the pension fund will continue to pay out retirement at full rate when nobody is paying in. Hey they have plenty of money right? Oh, CF had plenty of money when they shut down remember? I do I was there.

Is that why Roadway had to go out and buy Newpenn couldn't figure out to do overnight themselves or was it Newpenn management at the time knew what they were doing...Looks like all the monkeys are at YRC now trying to run it into the ground..

Are you kidding me!!!!! Yellow ruined every company they put their hands on!!! And if you look back to the year prior to them trying to but their way to the top of the industry they were the worst company financialyl out of all the companies they bought!!! and they bought them on credit!!!

Roadway bought the New Penn brand, yes it's a good brand..you do regional and they do long haul..two different animals

all the past companies Yellow bought were losers and got rid of them

all the buy-outs were a failure

but who knows?
maybe Zollars planned this out-come
gdpit_com_96762789_138-1.gif

I have to say had the recession never happened this would have never happened and this thing would be a monster by now forcing or buying others out. Not defending any body just sayin.