Not good!

Discussion in 'ABF Freight System' started by AkitaDog, Aug 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AkitaDog

AkitaDog Well-Known Member

As of Tuesday we had 17 outbound loads left over from last week sitting in our yard due to a shortage of road drivers!We had a customer show up with a straight truck to pick up his 10 skids that he shipped with us last Thrusday because his customer can no longer wait for his shipment! We also had to rent a bunch of pups because the trailer pool is out of wack because these loads ain't moving.Can anybody in Fort Smith here me!!!Maybe we should reverse some of the flow of line haul if the breaks can't find help.

2. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

They were all revved up to use the new contracting language but now the pugnacious work force is holding up the show with the supplements that have yet to be ratified.

3. disgruntled teamster

disgruntled teamster Active Member

Just got the email from ft smith and it seems they have grown a set, since the ratification. Seems ole Roy has heard the rumor of those holding out want their vacation back.he said under noooooo circumstances will this happen. Watch out boys, the fort done got their panties in a wad

4. ABFer

Where's the clip art?

5. truckerboy

truckerboy Member

At 033 we had 14 trls setting in the yard.

6. ABFer

At 184 we remain ahead of the curve. If we don't pick it up we don't have to move it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2013
  7. truckchick1

truckchick1 Active Member

Those dam teamsters, lol

8. Rollin62

Rollin62 Well-Known Member

Instead of worrying about splitting vacation, try servicing the customers that's paying your bills. I'm sure that individual took his business to conway. Thanks a lot guys, more work for me.

9. bad slavin

bad slavin Active Member

I guess you did'nt make the grade on employment with us, now go back to the conway boards,

10. Rollin62

Actually I'm approved and ready to go. The terminal manager said to hold off till business level picks up so he can use me full time. He said he's gonna bring me in on a Saturday to do some hostling to get a punch on my time card. So yes I am a employee when i punch the time card, but I won't be a part time casual. He said once the sups are completed, he'll be able to use me full time. Thanks a lot for everyone's input, I'm gonna love having two jobs!! Lol. Ill do my best to change the self entitlement coworker at abf. Abf doesnt owe me ***** and nobody else. Get to work and stop being ungrateful. Go to work at conway then come talk to me about how good your abf job is.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2013
  11. crazy

crazy Well-Known Member

I am sure you will have at least one good buddy friend there...

12. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Member

Rollin u still believe that Terminal manager every word. He said first off your appointment at his home to show how your hostling skills by using the lawn mower. Than it's to the garage to see how u can keep a truck clean by washing his car's.

13. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

Hostling skills

Forgive me if this seems a little rude, crude & socially unacceptable, but I was under the impression that right after Rollin's first time clock punch he was issued a new set of knee pads because the old set was worn out by his predecessor. Issuing such gear might prevent any light duty assignments in the future. On the other hand, maybe they didn’t issue such gear in the hopes he would be in the office more often. Forgive Lord for I have sinned. Von.

14. GO40

GO40 Banned

You should change your name to trollin62....

15. ROADY

ROADY Well-Known Member

Short, but to the point!! I don't know why you guys even respond to this troll.

16. Rollin62

Yep, that's it. Keep stealing time and we'll see if them new cameras can protect your job

17. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

If you're hated by most the fools here, then your doing good.

18. Rollin62

The so called "old school teamsters" have finally met their match with this new contract. The days of sitting back, being professional coffee drinkers and being a clock sucker is over. Once I get my 30 days in, I'll shame every thief in the building.

19. crazy

crazy Well-Known Member

One,I see that you have met your good buddy friend..and two,if you act at the terminal anything like you do here those old school teamsters are going to eat you up before you get to lunch..

20. Rollin62

Haha! Their fat asses can barely walk besides its obvious they haven't skipped a lunch in a long time. Abf needs to hire some Heath and wellness coaches. Some of the employees just let themselves go. Pretty disgusting

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.