ABF | Not good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this explanation You have just described yourself perfectly. You are a teamster, but you are also a meester. You want what was fought for you, but you are not willing to fight with fellow teamsters. I always thought we are in the same Union, and stand side by side with our brothers and sisters.

Your stupid is showing again. Why will I fight with Teamsters of whom I believe are fighting for things I believe will hurt us in the union?

Your stupid is showing again. Why will I fight with Teamsters of whom I believe are fighting for things I believe will hurt us in the union?

If you don't believe in the Teamsters, or what they are fighting for, then why are you still a Teamster?

If you don't believe in the Teamsters, or what they are fighting for, then why are you still a Teamster?

Alot of states don't have rtw, when Sysco was a closed shop there were guys that hated the fact they had to pay dues, thats what the old timers tell me, but they sure didn't want to go down the road to a non.

Now that we are rtw, we have our scabbies that love the benefits of the contract without having to pay dues, all that was unrelated I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Maybe Stoney workes in a closed shop, I don't know about his state.

Alot of states don't have rtw, when Sysco was a closed shop there were guys that hated the fact they had to pay dues, thats what the old timers tell me, but they sure didn't want to go down the road to a non.

Now that we are rtw, we have our scabbies that love the benefits of the contract without having to pay dues, all that was unrelated I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Thank You grocerythrower. We now are in a rtw state, but I still believe if I am to work for a union company, that I should pay the dues. Just my opinion.

So let me ask you this. Yes I'm answering a question with a question, but it applies. Do you believe everything the Teamsters do is good? Am I suppose to go lock step in everything the Teamsters do? I have no problem with the concept of unions, working under a contract, bargaining for better wages and beinnies. But I don't have to agree with everything they do.

I don't like what our current Federal government is doing, does that mean I should forfeit my citizenship and leave the country?

And you said "If you don't believe in the Teamsters". Nice twisting of words, but I never said that.

Thank You grocerythrower. We now are in a rtw state, but I still believe if I am to work for a union company, that I should pay the dues. Just my opinion.

Like I said many times, I have no issues paying my dues, I work in a RTW state.

So let me ask you this. Yes I'm answering a question with a question, but it applies. Do you believe everything the Teamsters do is good? Am I suppose to go lock step in everything the Teamsters do? I have no problem with the concept of unions, working under a contract, bargaining for better wages and beinnies. But I don't have to agree with everything they do.

I don't like what our current Federal government is doing, does that mean I should forfeit my citizenship and leave the country?

And you said "If you don't believe in the Teamsters". Nice twisting of words, but I never said that.

Thank you. I do not believe everything the Teamsters do are good, but if you don’t agree with something there are steps we need to take. We have the right to voice our opinions. If we don’t agree with the policies, then it is our right to TRY to have the changes made thru the proper channels (by the membership). When you start calling people names, trust me you will not get their support for anything.

Join the crowd, I don’t like what our government is doing either, but we the people need to be able to agree on something, heck anything if there is going to be any changes.

Thank you. I do not believe everything the Teamsters do are good, but if you don’t agree with something there are steps we need to take. We have the right to voice our opinions. If we don’t agree with the policies, then it is our right to TRY to have the changes made thru the proper channels (by the membership). When you start calling people names, trust me you will not get their support for anything.

Join the crowd, I don’t like what our government is doing either, but we the people need to be able to agree on something, heck anything if there is going to be any changes.

See this is where your ignorance keeps showing. I don't insult the tools here because I disagree with them. My God how many times do I have to say that?

There are many members on TB I disagree with that I don't insult.

That GO40 is a POS punk because he resorted to use my real name here the other day. ABFer threatened to post an article with my name and picture. That's why I call them tools or whatever.
Your buddy Docker threatened to post the same article, so I lost all respect for that joke of a human being.
And you had no problem with that, so guess what, your joined that club. And many so called brothers here have no issues with such antics so they join that special TOOL bag too.

You haven't been here long enough, but I didn't start the insulting. It started when I started a thread back around 07 about why I thought the EFCA would be a bad idea for unions in general. Then the insults started pouring in towards me.

No, Stoney,..I believe you're confusing the Teamsters with the temporary ones in charge. We are the Teamsters,....You and I,...and PapaJohn, and Grocerythrower,...and GO40......and as Teamsters, we are responsible for the ones we elect in office,....you also, even if you've voted against them,....because you didn't do enough to convince your fellow Teamsters to vote against the ones in office that you currently detest. You can't stand on the sidelines and throw mud at your fellow Teamsters because of the decisions of the electorate,.....your fellow Teamsters,....AND you,....didn't go the way you wanted them to. Whether you are disappointed in the current leadership or not,.....YOU have a responsibility as a Teamster to work to make it better.....That's actually the presumption behind Majority Rule,.....it is presumed the committed and informed ones will vote, and the majority of the committed and informed will decide the elections. Standing on the sidelines, calling names and denigrating your fellow Teamsters is a cheap cop-out.....as a Teamster committed to making this Union live up to it's obligations to working people, which, I think we all agree,....that the idea that working people SHOULD have a say-so in their future,..you should be directing your anger at the ..."leaders"....who have lost their guidance,...and maybe their morals,..in the process of ..."dealing"...with the business owners. The entire strength of this Union is solidarity.......if you want to divide us into.."tools"....and 'meesters"....then our power in the work force,....our marketability, as it were,....is reduced by exactly that much. Eventually,...you'll become one tiny little irritant of a voice that no one has to pay attention to.........most of the Union will dissolve into a herd of squeaking little voices....none of whom will be taken seriously.... Is that what you want the Teamsters to turn into? Or do you believe there's a noble, underlying cause to Organized Labor that transcends personal feelings and emotions? Big Business.....your Boss.....will not take you seriously if you're down there around his anklebone squeaking and complaining and sabotaging your co-workers all by yourself.....that's the idea behind RTW.......intellectually we know Unions are a good idea,.... but emotionally,...we can't stand the people,....or their politics,....or their appearance,...or the way they speak.....so we opt out of the Union. What's the smarter way of thinking?....intellectually,...or emotionally? I don't know what you expect to gain by insulting and denigrating your fellow Teamsters,....but I do know the end result is not intelligent debate of the issues at hand. You're not a stupid man,....but do you see the results of your taking an offensive stance against the very people you rely on......especially in this last contract,......to help decide your economic future?

No, Stoney,..I believe you're confusing the Teamsters with the temporary ones in charge. We are the Teamsters,....You and I,...and PapaJohn, and Grocerythrower,...and GO40......and as Teamsters, we are responsible for the ones we elect in office,....you also, even if you've voted against them,....because you didn't do enough to convince your fellow Teamsters to vote against the ones in office that you currently detest. You can't stand on the sidelines and throw mud at your fellow Teamsters because of the decisions of the electorate,.....your fellow Teamsters,....AND you,....didn't go the way you wanted them to. Whether you are disappointed in the current leadership or not,.....YOU have a responsibility as a Teamster to work to make it better.....That's actually the presumption behind Majority Rule,.....it is presumed the committed and informed ones will vote, and the majority of the committed and informed will decide the elections. Standing on the sidelines, calling names and denigrating your fellow Teamsters is a cheap cop-out.....as a Teamster committed to making this Union live up to it's obligations to working people, which, I think we all agree,....that the idea that working people SHOULD have a say-so in their future,..you should be directing your anger at the ..."leaders"....who have lost their guidance,...and maybe their morals,..in the process of ..."dealing"...with the business owners. The entire strength of this Union is solidarity.......if you want to divide us into.."tools"....and 'meesters"....then our power in the work force,....our marketability, as it were,....is reduced by exactly that much. Eventually,...you'll become one tiny little irritant of a voice that no one has to pay attention to.........most of the Union will dissolve into a herd of squeaking little voices....none of whom will be taken seriously.... Is that what you want the Teamsters to turn into? Or do you believe there's a noble, underlying cause to Organized Labor that transcends personal feelings and emotions? Big Business.....your Boss.....will not take you seriously if you're down there around his anklebone squeaking and complaining and sabotaging your co-workers all by yourself.....that's the idea behind RTW.......intellectually we know Unions are a good idea,.... but emotionally,...we can't stand the people,....or their politics,....or their appearance,...or the way they speak.....so we opt out of the Union. What's the smarter way of thinking?....intellectually,...or emotionally? I don't know what you expect to gain by insulting and denigrating your fellow Teamsters,....but I do know the end result is not intelligent debate of the issues at hand. You're not a stupid man,....but do you see the results of your taking an offensive stance against the very people you rely on......especially in this last contract,......to help decide your economic future?

If I did, I would fighting to remove members like you from any official union office. It's your ideology I fight against.

Very Well Said.....Great Post canaryinthemine

See this is where your ignorance keeps showing. I don't insult the tools here because I disagree with them. My God how many times do I have to say that?

There are many members on TB I disagree with that I don't insult.

That GO40 is a POS punk because he resorted to use my real name here the other day. ABFer threatened to post an article with my name and picture. That's why I call them tools or whatever.
Your buddy Docker threatened to post the same article, so I lost all respect for that joke of a human being.
And you had no problem with that, so guess what, your joined that club. And many so called brothers here have no issues with such antics so they join that special TOOL bag too.

You haven't been here long enough, but I didn't start the insulting. It started when I started a thread back around 07 about why I thought the EFCA would be a bad idea for unions in general. Then the insults started pouring in towards me.

Let me ask you a question. Can people post a article's from the media even though it has people's names in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.