XPO | not working

sheepstalker

TB Lurker
Credits
What's up with freight being so slow? I know freight has highs and lows(feast or famin), but this is insane. Tonite we have 6 people off with no runs, plus the guy on the road flex. Tuesday and wednesday weren't much better. I haven't run since monday night. Is it slow everywhere, or are we getting shafted?

we have a two hour back up to night what a joke .we got people sitting at home and they keep telling us we are busy.how can we be busy on Friday and not the rest of the week??

we're slammed in XCL, that's why they're cuttin 3 road bids starting next week, one transfer, the other two getting bumped off road to city/dock bids, while the bottom two city bid guys are going back on the flex board. yeah, we're busy.

badlionsfan said:
we're slammed in XCL, that's why they're cuttin 3 road bids starting next week, one transfer, the other two getting bumped off road to city/dock bids, while the bottom two city bid guys are going back on the flex board. yeah, we're busy.
i can see this happing at xco when we get are new S.C.M Timothy S. from xnw (Newburgh, New York)next week.

brutus said:
i can see this happing at xco when we get are new S.C.M Timothy S. from xnw (Newburgh, New York)next week.
end of july and they're cuttin bids, gotta love this place and old Fat Beard. He's really making this place a great place to work.

Think they will pay me a week of training, been so long since i hooked a set i don't think i will remeber how to do it?
:rofl:

that's cuz Fat Beard Miller isn't the pres down in CSE land any more, he's up here destroying CCX territory now.

I was told that the daylane frieght in XSB was slow. It also looks like the frieght in XLF going to XMP has slowed down too. At XLF they loaded 1 53' and no pups. Usually at the end of the month they also load 2 or 3 pups.

brutus said:
we have a two hour back up to night what a joke .we got people sitting at home and they keep telling us we are busy.how can we be busy on Friday and not the rest of the week??

well i don't know about your terminal but to night i got back at 600 pm thats 1 hour OT for me OK had 7 loads on the board to work had 1 dsr on the dock to work the freight from 600 to 630 had 11 dsr come in all at once it was a late night got out at 800 :Sign-Cow:

same thing out of canada too.... we lost one of our major accounts due to miller's ignorance... they called our sales rep and told her that they wanted to use us exclusively for all their ltl, 40,000 lbs a month. for a class 6 terminal, that's big weight. they told us they are not even approaching another carrier on this,handed it to us on a silver platter. because miller wouldn't authorize a few more percentage points on their discount, we lost both the inbound and the outbound. his response was "no company in their right mind is going to give them that discount." boy, those yellow trailers sure look heavy pulling all that weight......................:wounded1:

upnorth said:
same thing out of canada too.... we lost one of our major accounts due to miller's ignorance... they called our sales rep and told her that they wanted to use us exclusively for all their ltl, 40,000 lbs a month. for a class 6 terminal, that's big weight. they told us they are not even approaching another carrier on this,handed it to us on a silver platter. because miller wouldn't authorize a few more percentage points on their discount, we lost both the inbound and the outbound. his response was "no company in their right mind is going to give them that discount." boy, those yellow trailers sure look heavy pulling all that weight......................:wounded1:

Welcome to the boards upnorth. It's good to have you here

everyone says freight is slow but i talked to a rodeway driver and he said they are all getting 12 hrs plus a day everyday... and casualls they tell take your 10 hrs off dont even call ,come back in to work !! i feel like a union carrier sometimes i have too hide and move around when i do my city route just to get around 7 hrs a day ..my term wont let me work the dock anymore...i miss the good old days when i busted *** for 10 to12 hrs and loved doing it...cant wait too get back to that..are you listenind fat beard ?? HEY FATBEARD call me on my cellphone to wake me up and let me know when my 7 hrs are up ..

mforeste said:
yeah, they already sent hartman out..but hes doing a good job...just setting the finacial goals too high..

I liked Hartman while he was in central... It would be nice to get him back sometime...:batman: