Yellow | Nothing but a Shakedown .

I obtained my withdrawl card in 1988 from local 396 (thus the screen name). Father was a very proud retired IBEW man. I'm not anti-Union.

I am anti-union in the LTL industry, it's not the place from a competitive standpoint and no longer the time in my opinon.

I am not employed by a LTL carrier, rather a service provider to many LTL carriers (union and non alike). I have no vested interest in whether a company organizes or not. Merely stating my opinion based on my experiences and observations from the 25 years in the industry. You paid absolutely zero for my opinion, so no need to get pissed as though you didn't get your monies worth.

We can debate our differences of opinion, we can agree, or agree to disagree, you could enlighten me, or you can put me on your ignore list.

I obtained my withdrawl card in 1988 from local 396 (thus the screen name). Father was a very proud retired IBEW man. I'm not anti-Union.

I am anti-union in the LTL industry, it's not the place from a competitive standpoint and no longer the time in my opinon.

I am not employed by a LTL carrier, rather a service provider to many LTL carriers (union and non alike). I have no vested interest in whether a company organizes or not. Merely stating my opinion based on my experiences and observations from the 25 years in the industry. You paid absolutely zero for my opinion, so no need to get pissed as though you didn't get your monies worth.

We can debate our differences of opinion, we can agree, or agree to disagree, you could enlighten me, or you can put me on your ignore list.
You said it yourself that you wouldn't put freight on a union carrier. Right?

You said it yourself that you wouldn't put freight on a union carrier. Right?

I don't recall saying it, but I certainly may have. Right now I wouldn't ship with YRCW if it was free, simply due to the uncertainty. ABFS and UPSF would get my business if I thought they provided a better value than I could get elsewhere. Right now, they don't.

You gave up a union job to be a manager somewhere else didn't you? Typical. You don't even work for YRC! GTFO!

I don't recall saying it, but I certainly may have. Right now I wouldn't ship with YRCW if it was free, simply due to the uncertainty. ABFS and UPSF would get my business if I thought they provided a better value than I could get elsewhere. Right now, they don't.

You did say it. Anyway, your here because..................

This just doesn't feel right its not the same as last time .Its a long term money grab and if we take another 5 year contract without a negotiation on anything its the end . I know we make fairly good money and great health benefits but this will be over ten years with no pension to speak of .Its so obviously this is a shakedown .The company has been making huge interest payments to the banks already ,and they just want to milk this cash cow for all its worth.:regretful:

How you'ze figure it's a shakedown when the Co comes to da Union with their hat in their hand? Unless you figure the very act of asking is a shakedown.

Funny you only shine around the union boards when there is an upcoming vote. Go take a leap scumball.

You gave up a union job to be a manager somewhere else didn't you? Typical. You don't even work for YRC! GTFO!

Close. I knew early on what my career goals were. Last thing I wanted to be was the guy at the top that had no idea what the guys in the trenches had to deal with.

Funny you only shine around the union boards when there is an upcoming vote. Go take a leap scumball.

Well good morning sunshine :) Actually, I'm only on TruckingBoards at all when there is something in the industry that is newsworthy. No need for me to play in your sandbox when it's the same old thing day in and day out. I'm not spending time on the other sub-forums because there really isn't anything of interest to me going on there.

This just doesn't feel right its not the same as last time .Its a long term money grab and if we take another 5 year contract without a negotiation on anything its the end . I know we make fairly good money and great health benefits but this will be over ten years with no pension to speak of .Its so obviously this is a shakedown .The company has been making huge interest payments to the banks already ,and they just want to milk this cash cow for all its worth.:regretful:

It is a shakedown. It's a scam. But ,if the tactics work, ( as has been our history)
Why would yrc not try it again?

Why would anyone think yrc would say. "Ok, men. The concessions worked,yrc is ready to
Pay full wages again". Lol. Comon.

Based on that post I would make the determination that you are a POS scourge of the earth 3PL. A leach on the back sucking the blood out of what was once a great industry. Additionally, you know that or you would just come right out and tell us.

Perspective ABFer, perspective. I believe in a free market and capitalism. If those "POS scourge of the earth 3PLs" find a way to provide a better value to your potential client base, that's on you, not them. FedEx and UPS have their own 3PL subsidiaries. BaxGlobal, Menlo and Exel are all major players in the game. You either adapt or die. I guess some of us learned something from the dinosaurs.

Having given you my opinion on 3PL's, I will tell you that I am not employed by a 3PL.

Why don't I come right out and tell you who I work for? I don't want to jeopardize the relationship my employer has with various carriers, and being a director, my unpopular opinions could do that. Perhaps not. But it would be irresponsible of me to take that chance. It would not be fair to my employer, nor to my co-workers.