TForce | Now a national contract?

KGB 18

TB Veteran
Credits
It seems that because of the overwhelming amout of employees and terminals that have signed uo via card check, the company and union will be no longer doing a regional contract, but a national contract. Once this is voted on and passed, then all regions will neg. there supplements or riders. The national contract will be a revised form of the Indy contract.

I have heard the same but some are misunderstanding this and think UPGF is going to be absorbed into the NMFA and this will never happen.

It seems that because of the overwhelming amout of employees and terminals that have signed uo via card check, the company and union will be no longer doing a regional contract, but a national contract. Once this is voted on and passed, then all regions will neg. there supplements or riders. The national contract will be a revised form of the Indy contract.

And where pray-tell have you heard this news from.:biglaugh:

This is a very good idea, especially for those of us with reservations about the Indy contract. Maybe we can get free insurance, or a little more money with almost 8k having turned their cards in. I know they will still not match 401k though...

I don't know how anyone can even guess yes or no on the passing of a national contract. It must be read and analyzed word for word to know whether we are getting a good contract or not.

This has been suggested before on these boards.
If this is going to be a National Contract, then why should we settle for anything less than the NMFA? With of course the obvious exemption from the Central States Pension, becuse that was rejected by UPS.

And please before any one says that we haven't "earned" that privilage. Contracts aren't earned they are negotiated.:1036316054:

This has been suggested before on these boards.
If this is going to be a National Contract, then why should we settle for anything less than the NMFA? With of course the obvious exemption from the Central States Pension, becuse that was rejected by UPS.

And please before any one says that we haven't "earned" that privilage. Contracts aren't earned they are negotiated.:1036316054:

I would never say we have not earned the NMFA, But I will say this. UPS said from the very beginning that they will not allow the NMFA with UPSF. UPS will stand firm on this. In other words, Its out of the question. Now, I have hope's that this new national contract will have allot of language similar to the NMFA. But, again I am not expecting it. UPS wants us to have there own fresh contract to their liking so that they can remain competitive and profitable. Yes, that scares me!!

I don't know how anyone can even guess yes or no on the passing of a national contract. It must be read and analyzed word for word to know whether we are getting a good contract or not.

It will be based off the Indy contract with some adjustments.

This is a very good idea, especially for those of us with reservations about the Indy contract. Maybe we can get free insurance, or a little more money with almost 8k having turned their cards in. I know they will still not match 401k though...

F that's right F the 401k match! Just keep the pension intact. I'm so tired of hearing about a 401k match. Look at the stock market people. Enough said. I will save extra money on the side without help from my employer. Just like we always did in the past. If it's not broke don't call the mechanic. Pensions have provided an atmosphere, where a guy could retire at a young enough age, that he could enjoy his family, for a few years, before he croaks. You will never retire, waiting on a 401k to mature enough, to enable you to feel comfortable enough, to hang up your "Non union and proud" baseball cap and call it quits. And that's all I got to say about that. Elvis out and ranting.....

Elvis noone is suggesting giving up the pension or tradiing it for the 401k match, we want both.

Can you tell me the formula of our pension and how much you will be getting, if not how can you say it is better than a 401k?

The way our 401-K's are performing, any match might mean we give money back to the company.

1. The 401 match is dead,deceased,extinct, something like the dodo...a neat little part of history that will NEVER walk this world again. There is NO financial gain at all, i.e. deduction,tax credit or write off that will benefit UPS's bottom line by providing this.It was a nice thing we had in the past provide by a company and a mindset that NO LONGER EXISTS!!! 2.The idea of a national contract has an odor of a sellout to it simply by the idea that the union can get a slighly improved version of the Indy contract passed quickly by using the same herd mentality that got the ndy deal done with only one dissenting vote. New England was prepared and united to go to the table hard and secure a better deal to set the table for the rest of the country...I just hope that when the deal is put on the table we ALL take the time to read and understand what they are voting for and that they DO have the rightand the need to send the negotiators back to the table again as often as it takes to get the deal WE want, notwhat the company wants or what the locals are willing to take as a ''this is just the first contract, the next one will be better'' type attitude.STAND FIRM

your 401k perofrms based on the stocks/mutual funds that are in it, which you choose, Everyone has the choice to put it in bonds and cd's which are guaranteed returns, it all comes down to the amount of risk your willing to take. The majority of mine is in YRC.

your 401k perofrms based on the stocks/mutual funds that are in it, which you choose, Everyone has the choice to put it in bonds and cd's which are guaranteed returns, it all comes down to the amount of risk your willing to take. The majority of mine is in YRC.

Unless you are a licensed financial professional, I would keep the suggestions to yourself. Everyones financial portfolio differs on a case by case basis.

Has anyone notice that at the end of the NMFA on 4/1//2013 that it will pay $.82 less than the raise the INDY UPSF will get on 7/1/2013.....that doesn't look sub-standard to me!......KK

I would have to differ with those that feel that their 401 is useless or outdated anyone that doesn't back up their pension with something else is a fool. Just ask someone that worked for one of the steel companys that are now bankrupt. 20 years ago some of the airline workers had some of the best jobs in the country , best pay, best benefits, best retirement, today many of them are bankrupt and the goverment bales out their retirement plan and the worker receives a small portion of what they were suppose to recieve. With the stock market down I still have a 6 figure 401 and dam glad I do..........

I say we just get somthing done. somthing on paper. we here in colo springs are getting grief on every thing we do they pulled out all the old paper work for us to do IE trip sheets, tally sheets, not circleing this or that. its crap we get daily audits and when danny in dvr feels like it he comes down and audits us and writes us up for our indescressions (spelling not my strong point) so lets get somthing on paper. and start from there. if its crapp lets fix it till it good no great for the next 5 yrs so if anyone has started neg please post so the rest of can see what it is. thank for letting me vent

I say we just get somthing done. somthing on paper. we here in colo springs are getting grief on every thing we do they pulled out all the old paper work for us to do IE trip sheets, tally sheets, not circleing this or that. its crap we get daily audits and when danny in dvr feels like it he comes down and audits us and writes us up for our indescressions (spelling not my strong point) so lets get somthing on paper. and start from there. if its crapp lets fix it till it good no great for the next 5 yrs so if anyone has started neg please post so the rest of can see what it is. thank for letting me vent

There are alot of bitter ovnt hangovers that want nothing more than torture every employee they can before the hammer drops on them.