TForce | Now a national contract?

401k great(maybe needs to be better), retirement(needs work),health care(locked in for 5 years), sitting around yard for free
(that needs to stop!), there are things that need to be talked about ! what do we want in the contact. when will the locals start asking US these things? indy is the base deal but, can't do better than that?

Did I suggest anything? Other than the fact that only licensed professionals should give that kinda of advice. Ohhh I seem to have forgotten, uncle O is always right. It is nice to see O has groupies now. Maybe you could start your own little debating forum??? That would be cute.

I have never worked for O. I work for UPS Freight and it seems to me that everytime someone refers to O or MC on these boards only degrates what this Co will become. As long as you continue to live in the past you will never progress to the future. I am not for the union nor am I against it. What I thought we had here is a forum for people to express their concerns, input their suggestions, and decide for them selves what is best for them. What I actually see here is a solid group of about 20 out of 18,000 employees that just want to be union no matter the sacrifice.

Lets see here, 20 of 18000 = .001%. This is not just a minority, it is almost obsolete.

I have never worked for O. I work for UPS Freight and it seems to me that everytime someone refers to O or MC on these boards only degrates what this Co will become. As long as you continue to live in the past you will never progress to the future. I am not for the union nor am I against it. What I thought we had here is a forum for people to express their concerns, input their suggestions, and decide for them selves what is best for them. What I actually see here is a solid group of about 20 out of 18,000 employees that just want to be union no matter the sacrifice.

Lets see here, 20 of 18000 = .001%. This is not just a minority, it is almost obsolete.

UPS made the decision for us to be union before they even purchased "O"

March 14, 2008

(Washington, D.C.) – An overwhelming majority of 210 workers at the UPS Freight (formerly Overnite Transportation) terminals in the Washington, D.C.-Baltimore area and California have signed authorization cards to become Teamsters, bringing the total number of drivers and dockworkers seeking to join the union to about 8,200 since January 16, Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa announced.

8,000+ in two months, or roughly 137 workers per day is not coincidence or minority. ITS AN EFFIN SIGN, can you not see it?

P.S. I was referring to your debate buddy, not Overnite Inc.

were changing pension plans once the contract starts.

Kennesaw our contract has no delay pay or protections for road drivers or limits on subcontractors/ independant drivers?

What are you talking about? What advice did I give?

Again. I must correct you. I speak to Indy. drivers every week. They are getting payed for their delays ( when they are waiting for freight and the supervisor doesn't assign them work) which happens quite often. Talking about making up your own facts. Elvis out.... Don't even bother replying, because you don't know what you are talking about.

Elvis, delay pay is not specified in the contract, people on this board have said both senarios happen in indy.

If you want to correct me give me the article # where delay pay is defined. That will be correcting me. Not saying that you heard otherwise.

As I have said many times The contract does not define delay pay, It may fall under the paid for time article which I scanned and posted on here.

If were gonna have a contract why have one that pay is left to interpretation?

Elvis, delay pay is not specified in the contract, people on this board have said both senarios happen in indy.

If you want to correct me give me the article # where delay pay is defined. That will be correcting me. Not saying that you heard otherwise.

As I have said many times The contract does not define delay pay, It may fall under the paid for time article which I scanned and posted on here.

If were gonna have a contract why have one that pay is left to interpretation?

It clearly says all time on duty will be payed. What more do you want? The fact of the matter is that you will not concede that we will gain from this contract. And that is obvious, not only to me, but just about everyone that reads this forum. I repeat. I have personally spoken to Indy. drivers, who informed me that they are payed delay pay. You can refuse to believe the truth if you please. I can not force you into reality. That is your choice. Elvis out.....

Did you miss the discussion last time around?

It says:

2335799408_6fdcdd15c6.jpg

Tell me what "in service of the employer" means and where it is defined?

The question was asked what stops the company from putting a driver not in service for 2 hours.

the committees are putting together proposals to take to the negotiating table, the delay pay, or, on duty pay is to be brought up then

Did you miss the discussion last time around?

It says:

2335799408_6fdcdd15c6.jpg

Tell me what "in service of the employer" means and where it is defined?

The question was asked what stops the company from putting a driver not in service for 2 hours.

The NLB says that once you have begun your shift, only lunch can be considered not in service of your employer. All other time must be compensated. If you don't believe your KING then check it yourself. Elvis out...

The NLB says that once you have begun your shift, only lunch can be considered not in service of your employer. All other time must be compensated. If you don't believe your KING then check it yourself. Elvis out...

There are no answers, only more questions. The company can do what ever they want,(many a manager has violated a union contract) we will have a grievance process to rectify all problems. You'll win some and you'll lose some. That is how it works.

There are no answers, only more questions. The company can do what ever they want,(many a manager has violated a union contract) we will have a grievance process to rectify all problems. You'll win some and you'll lose some. That is how it works.

Wow Federal Hiway safty Admin. says that I have to show all of my time ONDUTY from the time I start to I finish my day. Thats 100% of my day.

i think the indy contract that i hear is the backbone of the national contract is a decent contract its better than what we have now and when we negotiate again we will have more leverage

i think the indy contract that i hear is the backbone of the national contract is a decent contract its better than what we have now and when we negotiate again we will have more leverage

bigarms I think your close to right. I am hoping that it is a carbon copy of the parcel contract with bennies and just a difference in pay and a few work rules.

bigarms I think your close to right. I am hoping that it is a carbon copy of the parcel contract with bennies and just a difference in pay and a few work rules.

Why would a company that makes 1/25th the money that parcel does, get the same contract? I am a gung ho Teamster, but you are in la-la land.:hysterical:

The first reason is I think UPS is going to treat every UPS employee the same. Just like the teamsters And the only difference is seniorty. And thats apparent that you don't have much of.