TForce | Now a national contract?

I have never worked for O. I work for UPS Freight and it seems to me that everytime someone refers to O or MC on these boards only degrates what this Co will become. As long as you continue to live in the past you will never progress to the future. I am not for the union nor am I against it. What I thought we had here is a forum for people to express their concerns, input their suggestions, and decide for them selves what is best for them. What I actually see here is a solid group of about 20 out of 18,000 employees that just want to be union no matter the sacrifice.

Lets see here, 20 of 18000 = .001%. This is not just a minority, it is almost obsolete.

Here we go....You're right ...YOU haven't paid your dues bottom feeder ! BTW...only about 12,000 employees are to be represented by the IBT. Office staff nor mechanics are covered. The Mechanics have a card check agreement with the IAM and if you are in some kind of clerk classification...guess what ? your out of luck as well. So if you are not a dock worker or a driver you are S.O.L. ! If you are a driver and don't want to work for a union company..well I am sure that SWIFT has a century class freightliner with your name on it and the only guarantee that you will have is poverty level wages. :butt kiss::butt kiss:

I am sorry if that seems harsh dude but that's life. While we were O I had no complaints ...as UPS I have several ...and as time passes on you will find that going in to the TM's office and peeling back the meat will get you absoloutely nothing but a shameful feeling and a funny taste in your mouth !:tongue0002:

Here we go....You're right ...YOU haven't paid your dues bottom feeder ! BTW...only about 12,000 employees are to be represented by the IBT. Office staff nor mechanics are covered. The Mechanics have a card check agreement with the IAM and if you are in some kind of clerk classification...guess what ? your out of luck as well. So if you are not a dock worker or a driver you are S.O.L. ! If you are a driver and don't want to work for a union company..well I am sure that SWIFT has a century class freightliner with your name on it and the only guarantee that you will have is poverty level wages. :butt kiss::butt kiss:

I am sorry if that seems harsh dude but that's life. While we were O I had no complaints ...as UPS I have several ...and as time passes on you will find that going in to the TM's office and peeling back the meat will get you absoloutely nothing but a shameful feeling and a funny taste in your mouth !:tongue0002:

I see you are 1 of the 20 with tunnel vision. You, like others here, will shoot their mouths off without ever completely reading the post they are quoting. Read all my post. I have never disagreed with UPGF becoming union. In fact I feel very confident that it will become union. My concern is what the contract will be and I refuse to sign anything that resembles Indy. :tongue0002:

acsx, there are people on here that feel if your not for this contract you are anti-union. Reagrdless of your actual views.

And that will never change. I have learned that the hard way. As you can see you have already been labeled you a kissazz and bottom feeder.

acsx, there are people on here that feel if your not for this contract you are anti-union. Reagrdless of your actual views.

And that will never change. I have learned that the hard way. As you can see you have already been labeled you a kissazz and bottom feeder.

"O" I would not consider you anything as such, but you do consistantly bring aggrivation too many on these boards, you are only labeling yourself. Some may consider you antiunion, and to some degree, in the beginning you were.

All you do is rope people in for an argument on a regular basis, and to some degree over things that are not set in stone.

Do not label us, when you are the biggest contributer too a "rope a dope" scheme I have ever seen. When you do debate the contract, you do bring valid points to the table, but points that hold no bearing until the contract is sighned.

I have never worked for O. I work for UPS Freight and it seems to me that everytime someone refers to O or MC on these boards only degrates what this Co will become. As long as you continue to live in the past you will never progress to the future. I am not for the union nor am I against it. What I thought we had here is a forum for people to express their concerns, input their suggestions, and decide for them selves what is best for them. What I actually see here is a solid group of about 20 out of 18,000 employees that just want to be union no matter the sacrifice.

Lets see here, 20 of 18000 = .001%. This is not just a minority, it is almost obsolete.

I have worked at "O", and for UPSF, Now I see things in a different light, it seems to me that most were happy and content with what was. The unfortunate thing in this transitional state is alot of "O's" policies are still hanging around, The old "'DOUBLE STANDARD" is one of them.I will give you an example.

We have runs in my terminal ,12 to be exact, that ran everyday, and all 12 ran 200 mls. per day APPROX. Now over the past 4 years we have doubled every run too about 24 runs, now 5 of these double runs were not able too sustain freight for 1 year. (slow season, vacation etc. etc.).

When we had the bid,( city run bid) we were told, " every run is going out wether it has a full trailer or 1 or 2 packages on it, it's going out anyway, UPS does not care, they want to service the customers".

With that being said we approach the slow season, we have made new customers to sustain these runs, and now we blow them off, they call on a regular basis complaining we cannot pick them up all the time. Based on the fact that these 5 runs were cut. Operationally sound yes, but now 5 bids do not exist, same "O" practice. ( rope a dope) comes to mind rather then being upfront about what mite be at time of BID PROCESS.

Now back to the double standard, this happens all the time in this company, wether UPSF, "O" OR ("MC" from what I have told now as opposed to before "O"). I get the impression people are tired of this and that is probably why you see about 8000 people + who now want to be a teamster.

This board is also a place to express thought's and views, and I see alot of people doing just that. Makes for good entertainment, which is exactly what this board is as well as a vehicle for communication.

The other unfortunate thing is we are transitioning and until the old mgnt. is out and replaced with the new we will always have double standards in this company for those of us who have been inviolved in this transition, some will conform with little resistance and others will not.

Until we are all on the same page is when we will be a united UPSF, with little resistance. And that is probably when you shall see this board change for the better.

I have worked at "O", and for UPSF, Now I see things in a different light, it seems to me that most were happy and content with what was. The unfortunate thing in this transitional state is alot of "O's" policies are still hanging around, The old "'DOUBLE STANDARD" is one of them.I will give you an example.

We have runs in my terminal ,12 to be exact, that ran everyday, and all 12 ran 200 mls. per day APPROX. Now over the past 4 years we have doubled every run too about 24 runs, now 5 of these double runs were not able too sustain freight for 1 year. (slow season, vacation etc. etc.).

When we had the bid,( city run bid) we were told, " every run is going out wether it has a full trailer or 1 or 2 packages on it, it's going out anyway, UPS does not care, they want to service the customers".

With that being said we approach the slow season, we have made new customers to sustain these runs, and now we blow them off, they call on a regular basis complaining we cannot pick them up all the time. Based on the fact that these 5 runs were cut. Operationally sound yes, but now 5 bids do not exist, same "O" practice. ( rope a dope) comes to mind rather then being upfront about what mite be at time of BID PROCESS.

Now back to the double standard, this happens all the time in this company, wether UPSF, "O" OR ("MC" from what I have told now as opposed to before "O"). I get the impression people are tired of this and that is probably why you see about 8000 people + who now want to be a teamster.

This board is also a place to express thought's and views, and I see alot of people doing just that. Makes for good entertainment, which is exactly what this board is as well as a vehicle for communication.

The other unfortunate thing is we are transitioning and until the old mgnt. is out and replaced with the new we will always have double standards in this company for those of us who have been inviolved in this transition, some will conform with little resistance and others will not.

Until we are all on the same page is when we will be a united UPSF, with little resistance. And that is probably when you shall see this board change for the better.

I think you have summed up the majority of employees feelings on the management. At least the super majority of 8,200 of them.:1036316054:

I see you are 1 of the 20 with tunnel vision. You, like others here, will shoot their mouths off without ever completely reading the post they are quoting. Read all my post. I have never disagreed with UPGF becoming union. In fact I feel very confident that it will become union. My concern is what the contract will be and I refuse to sign anything that resembles Indy. :tongue0002:

I realize that you have the right to vote however you chose. The Indy contract is better than what we have now. I am not stupid and I certainly not drinking any electric Kool-AID. Some of the language in the INDY contract directly mirrors the ups master agreement. As far as paying for our own health care, that will not change because we are not in any of the multi employer benny systems and UPS will never agree to it. During the next contract season is when we will have some teeth to negotiate a better NATIONAL UPS FREIGHT AGREEMENT ! The first contract isn't the greatest but it is only the FIRST CONTRACT.

As far as me labeling you a bottom feeder, you yourself said that you never worked for Overnite, only UPS freight. That means you have been an employee for less than three years. Were you a M/C employee ?

I realize that you have the right to vote however you chose. The Indy contract is better than what we have now. I am not stupid and I certainly not drinking any electric Kool-AID. Some of the language in the INDY contract directly mirrors the ups master agreement. As far as paying for our own health care, that will not change because we are not in any of the multi employer benny systems and UPS will never agree to it. During the next contract season is when we will have some teeth to negotiate a better NATIONAL UPS FREIGHT AGREEMENT ! The first contract isn't the greatest but it is only the FIRST CO
As far as me labeling you a bottom feeder, you yourself said that you never worked for Overnite, only UPS freight. That means you have been an employee for less than three years. Were you a M/C employee ?

Not living in Florida......That was a bit out of our service area....

It is all in the way you use your words towards people.....You have a tendancy to act like people don't know how to figure things out on their own....Insurance or retirement.....And God forbid the almighty 401k.....I think you have the right ot feel or say what you need to....But when you do it at someone elses expense....that causes hard feelings.....I am guilty of this too....But as far as being pro-company or not.....That is your thing and we all live or die by it.....Figuritivly speaking of course....We are all on the same team and deal with the same sh!t....Listening and trying to be understanding is all we can do....

Not living in Florida......That was a bit out of our service area....

he called acx a bottom feeder, not me.

greezy, when I post somthing about 401k and ins. I always show my math becuase you can't argue with numbers, too many posts people just say what they want with nothing to back it up if there wrong or not, I use it as proof.

But some people math was not there best subject. I will give you a good example there is a poster on here that was telling people how much dues were and he was figuiring them up wrong.

he called acx a bottom feeder, not me.

greezy, when I post somthing about 401k and ins. I always show my math becuase you can't argue with numbers, too many posts people just say what they want with nothing to back it up if there wrong or not, I use it as proof.

But some people math was not there best subject. I will give you a good example there is a poster on here that was telling people how much dues were and he was figuiring them up wrong.

But your numbers may very from what someone else's numbers might be.....And I can see the need to show your figures....But just because they are not posted to your liking doesn't mean that they are not done over and over by that person....I have looked at all the things I felt I needed to play into it all....But I don't have the energy or time to try to convince you or anyone else of it...But it is still done to MY liking...Arguing your side is ok to a point but telling some one their wrong about what they make or pay....How do you know?? You get their check stub? Opinions are good and make us think but beyond that ....They are just opinons....Numbers or not...Look at the Government or the media...If you beleive every number they give ....Well....You know where I am going....