R&L | Now hiring all positions

Lunch? When was the last time I got to take 15-20 minutes for an actual break, can't remember, it has been months..You better hurry if you have to take a ****, cause you you got half a trailer load of freight to deliver, its 2:00 pm, and you have 4 pick-ups in 4 different directions......
I shake my head when I hear guys talk about not getting a lunch/break. I'd bet ya a BILLION dollars the Roberts,everyone in WIL,your TM,dispatcher, and mechanics all take a lunch..... Whats the problem with stopping?????

Can't stop!!! Our TM prints out the photos from the GPS with the minutes you are stopped and an aerial view of where you are and you must provide a written explanation of why you were there!!! Even if you are on a customers property!!!

Can't stop!!! Our TM prints out the photos from the GPS with the minutes you are stopped and an aerial view of where you are and you must provide a written explanation of why you were there!!! Even if you are on a customers property!!!
There's somebody who is micro managing himself to a Heart Attack.

sounds like a real dillweed as long as u get the job done n a reasonable time what does it matter?

Serious issues.Our TM looks at it a lot too.I think it has to do with working under sponge bob,makes them all crazy trying to keep that nut case happy so he won't fire them.

Sounds like there's a place at Con-Way or Fed-Ex for that guy. They like that kind of stupid **** over there.

That's alright. I heard once that in Youngstown a driver got fired because the TM there didn't like how his butt smelled. You'll have that sort of thing in non-onion gardens.

Sounds like there's a place at Con-Way or Fed-Ex for that guy. They like that kind of stupid **** over there.

That's alright. I heard once that in Youngstown a driver got fired because the TM there didn't like how his butt smelled. You'll have that sort of thing in non-onion gardens.

Hey Watch It I resemble that remark......:hysterical:

Yes, but your garden will smell better...

Sounds as if your TM is under pressure,maybe worried about his bonus. I hear that some terminials are hiring,but they are only hiring the paramont combo drivers. This is a quick fix solution,but will not work for the long run. People are out of work and hard pressed right now,but they will not work for that kind of pay for long. If we are going to get and KEEP all this freight we have to have a good,dependable work force.

buying another co.

I have picked up on two possibilities R/L has bought a large trucking co.Terminal or Yellow Transport .Which would mean the need for personal for daytime linehaul dock and office personal.The other one was to have people ready to handle a large account that maybe coming on board.
the boys over on the dayton board think you guys could be buying them???:popcorn:

I had briefly considered possibly applying to R&L yet after reading the comments in this thread, NO CHANCE.
Having to submit a written explanation of why one is where for how long is ridiculous and stupid.
I've been harassed enough on OTR or long haul to get places for pickups and deliveries yet never had to explain nor would I as to why I was where for how long. I stopped when and where I wanted to do so and when time allowed I departed when I decided.

I would not get past the first day at R&L for having to explain why I stopped where and for what.
When Nature calls, I answer whether it be for intake or elimination. NO ONE other than their body controls such.
Management takes breaks therefore Drivers TAKE BREAKS.

OTR is dismal now yet a lot better than companies like R&L with such pathetic requirements of their Drivers with management apparently forgetting that without Drivers R&L would not even exist.

I'm waiting to read more about R&L truck wrecks because of hallucinated time constraints of management.

You are right--you would not make it here. When things get rough we have to step it up,it comes and goes in phases. We have people like you from time to time,they usally don't last long. When you come to realize that the freight comes first you will never have to worry about a job. Ask yourself this--why do we have freight falling off the dock while other companies are laying off or shutting down? Figure it out yet?--and I bet you thought you were a super trucker.

But, if a TM is printing a copy of you stopped for whatever reason for a few, on linehaul anyway, that TM needs to get a hobby. I don't know.......what goes on out east doesn't happen in midwest, and what happens in midwest doesn't fly out west. It's different if the driver is delaying freight screwin' off at truck stop or something, but stoppin' for 10 to 15 on a linehaul run?......

You are right--you would not make it here. When things get rough we have to step it up,it comes and goes in phases. We have people like you from time to time,they usally don't last long. When you come to realize that the freight comes first you will never have to worry about a job. Ask yourself this--why do we have freight falling off the dock while other companies are laying off or shutting down? Figure it out yet?--and I bet you thought you were a super trucker.

AMEN!!! Very well said......I believe we are the only LTL trucking company hiring people,and it seems like a nationwide hiring need!!! 4 new guys started this week,all under Paramount all p&d

He'd really love Fed-Ex and Con-Way. They're worse than we are for the management stupididity.