Central Transport | Now is the time for support and unity

L

larmar

As much as I dislike Vitran, there are those on these boards that have worked a long time at the companies that made up Vitran. Further, the older one gets the harder it is to find a good replacement job. Contrary to popular opinion once you pass 50 the job offers thin out pretty fast.

I would like to appeal to everyone to tone down the rhetoric and put the political comments on the Washington DC board. In my humble opinion we should reserve this board for support and camaraderie for those still working at Vitan. This is a big life change and the effects on families can last for a long time.

Having said that, I wish the best to my Vitran Brothers and Sisters and I will support and encourage you any way that I can.

Hang tough, this too shall pass.

~~larmar~~

As much as I dislike Vitran, there are those on these boards that have worked a long time at the companies that made up Vitran. Further, the older one gets the harder it is to find a good replacement job. Contrary to popular opinion once you pass 50 the job offers thin out pretty fast.

I would like to appeal to everyone to tone down the rhetoric and put the political comments on the Washington DC board. In my humble opinion we should reserve this board for support and camaraderie for those still working at Vitan. This is a big life change and the effects on families can last for a long time.

Having said that, I wish the best to my Vitran Brothers and Sisters and I will support and encourage you any way that I can.

~~larmar~~
A great post larmar....The rhetoric is totally out of control. The new posters have turned this forum into a circus of clowns. Its unfortunate that the mods can't limit the stupidity on some of these threads. Freedom of speech I suppose. I accept that. "This too shall pass" has always been my favorite quote.... And always will be. It's a Turkish proverb with biblical origins. Abraham Lincoln used it in one of his speeches prior to being elected president. And it's still widely used today. Some things stand the test of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

~~larmar~~
This is exactly how I have always felt. Although others i'm sure will say different.