SAIA | Now that I’m retired .... let’s expose the truth!

Let's try the employee appreciation day! Not once do I ever get to enjoy a day like the corporate office. They get prime rib cookouts with tents and we get a fricken crock pot of cold food at the end of the day.

Get real, they don't appreciate you that much, why do you think an ole truck driver should eat like a manager?

Let's try the employee appreciation day! Not once do I ever get to enjoy a day like the corporate office. They get prime rib cookouts with tents and we get a fricken crock pot of cold food at the end of the day.
See it shows how much love they have for ya couldn't even plug in the crock pot

The electricity cost would hurt the OR.
What hurts the operation ratio here the most is senior drivers riding the clock and the junior guys pulling up the slack and becoming bitter. Seniors know how to manipulate the handhelds and GPS with things that can be questionable but they know that nothing can be proven. Managers can’t call the customers without looking like they are checking up on guys. Guys just sit in docks after they complete the pickup and ride it out. Same with deliveries. When you have a rapport with your customers that you have known for years they will cover for you. It was never about money for me. You can only drive one car at a time and sleep in one house at a time. It’s never been about excess for me. But for many it is. The favoritism here creates apathy that will never enable this company to ever reach true greatness.

What hurts the operation ratio here the most is senior drivers riding the clock and the junior guys pulling up the slack and becoming bitter. Seniors know how to manipulate the handhelds and GPS with things that can be questionable but they know that nothing can be proven. Managers can’t call the customers without looking like they are checking up on guys. Guys just sit in docks after they complete the pickup and ride it out. Same with deliveries. When you have a rapport with your customers that you have known for years they will cover for you. It was never about money for me. You can only drive one car at a time and sleep in one house at a time. It’s never been about excess for me. But for many it is. The favoritism here creates apathy that will never enable this company to ever reach true greatness.

Honestly Train, how do you know these people are doing these things? Are you following drivers around day in and day out?

Honestly Train, how do you know these people are doing these things? Are you following drivers around day in and day out?
When you work at a company for 5 years you see things. Besides they tell you how they do things so there’s really no speculation. Guys just like to talk and brag. Dick I have nothing to gain by exposing the crap that goes on here. I’m gone. I just want guys to know what they are signing up for.

Ya, it was sarcasm, I don't give a ::shit:: about the OR

When you work at a company for 5 years you see things. Besides they tell you how they do things so there’s really no speculation. Guys just like to talk and brag. Dick I have nothing to gain by exposing the crap that goes on here. I’m gone. I just want guys to know what they are signing up for.

Wouldn't you have beem happier just to

It just seems to me a lot of your unhappiness there could have been alleviated by just minding your own business. I can see exposing the cameras etc, but your last post doesn't help your cause. It just makes you look childish and bitter.

At SEFL we were told back in 2003 how to make the handhelds work in our favor. Enter pieces instead of pallets. Enter this delay and we don't get screwed. Come on man that's ridiculous.

At SEFL we were told back in 2003 how to make the handhelds work in our favor. Enter pieces instead of pallets. Enter this delay and we don't get screwed. Come on man that's ridiculous.

So his fellow drivers tell him how to beat the system there and he exposes it on here? That's the only thing ridiculous. I thought this thread was to expose SAIA and not throw drivers under the bus. I guess I was wrong.

So his fellow drivers tell him how to beat the system there and he exposes it on here? That's the only thing ridiculous. I thought this thread was to expose SAIA and not throw drivers under the bus. I guess I was wrong.
My God man are you that stupid? Do you honestly think management doesn’t know how handhelds can be manipulated? They manipulate things themselves with false codes. This only strengthens my accusation that favoritism runs rampant here. They pick and choose who they want to railroad. This company needs a CBA more than any other non-union carrier in business today. Yes, I just said that.

That's the case at our Milwaukee terminal. We have so much bitterness between the old Madison freight and saia drivers. Why they kept any of them is beyond me they're all good for ::shit::. No wonder Madison freight went out of business.

You just hit the nail right on the head. This place needs a union more than any place I've ever worked. WE NEED A UNION NOW!

Drivers, dispatchers really what's the difference. We're all nobody's in the grand scheme of things. Yeah my dispatcher told me how to cover my ass and his. Why do you think i work at a union carrier as I'm older and wiser.

If the company ‘needed’ a CBA or ‘needed’ a union they would have one. Seems like they are doing just fine. Drivers are doing fine there as well. What are you all lacking?