SAIA | Now that I’m retired .... let’s expose the truth!

How low can this :::shit::: hole go? I’m sure it will rebound but as of right now it’s not looking good. Could be layoffs this year or maybe 2019 if the market keeps sliding. Everything will depend on the 3rd quarter numbers coming out October 31st.

OD is down 2.44%, does that mean they are going out of business too??? They dropped 3.00 a share, three times as much as Saia! OMG! Worlds ending!

Train, you know better. Hell, I capitalized two years ago when the company was under 20 a share. They’ve got a loooong way to go before they sweat. My issue is that YOU know this and are just trolling.

OD is down 2.44%, does that mean they are going out of business too??? They dropped 3.00 a share, three times as much as Saia! OMG! Worlds ending!

Train, you know better. Hell, I capitalized two years ago when the company was under 20 a share. They’ve got a loooong way to go before they sweat. My issue is that YOU know this and are just trolling.

Phil .... This has absolutely nothing to do with SAIA. I know how stocks fluctuate. I don’t actually think many will take the time to watch this video but for those in the market I can only say they should. I wouldn’t dismiss this man’s opinion. I’m of the same opinion. What goes up must come down. Nuff said!

Phil .... This has absolutely nothing to do with SAIA. I know how stocks fluctuate. I don’t actually think many will take the time to watch this video but for those in the market I can only say they should. I wouldn’t dismiss this man’s opinion. I’m of the same opinion. What goes up must come down. Nuff said!

That’s only been the truth since the beginning of time. I’ve made great investments when the markets are down and during regular trends when corporations dip. I hope they drop to 20.00 again. Paid for my Superduty last time.

Nope. I’m well aware of all of the whining. Spent over 20 years with the company. They don’t owe you a damn thing more then your paycheck every week. They are not responsible for your happiness. It’s not up to them to make sure your feelings don’t get hurt. If your a miserable person you’ll always find misery, doesn’t matter where you go. You are responsible to make yourself happy. They told you when you got hired what the pay was. You knew when you hit certain milestones you would get more vacation, better run selection, free insurance, etc... When things change you can always make a choice to stay or leave but you choose to stay. Why? I did it because all the BS was worth the money and the benefits. Why do you stay? If it’s no longer worth it to you see if your good enough to make it somewhere else. You all seem to possess so much knowledge and talent it should be a breeze for you, or is it that you don’t think your good enough to go anywhere else and you need someone to hold your hand? It’s gotta be one or the other.
Phil, there’s something to say about your , “Indecent proposal “ that you accepted for 20 years. You’ve both used each other for the all mighty dollar like a prostitute (many don’t want to sell themselves either but can’t afford not to), to each his own. My values won’t let me hang my hat on that. The problem becomes a bad marriage when both sides breaks down. Is that happening here?? At least I’ll leave here saying I tried. Can’t say that I see the other side with the same mentality.

Phil, there’s something to say about your , “Indecent proposal “ that you accepted for 20 years. You’ve both used each other for the all mighty dollar like a prostitute (many don’t want to sell themselves either but can’t afford not to), to each his own. My values won’t let me hang my hat on that. The problem becomes a bad marriage when both sides breaks down. Is that happening here?? At least I’ll leave here saying I tried. Can’t say that I see the other side with the same mentality.

Indecent proposal?? What are you talking about? I came to work to feed my family. Did what the job called for. Made good money. Was successful. Retired. What’s indecent about that? You think you have some kind of moral high ground over me? Seriously? If you can’t hack it leave. If you can’t afford to leave then you’ve mortaged your future to the devil, unlike me. You’re the prostitute, not I. I never ‘had’ to work at Saia, I chose to. I chose to retire when I wanted to as well. You might want to reevaluate your life choices if you cannot live within your means. If your able to leave but feel like it’s your ‘right’ to change a companies policy that you don’t own, how is that moral. You don’t own it, it’s not yours to change.

Don’t always disagree with everything you say just different ways we look at them. I have worked with many guys like yourself, and still do. The do nothing guy who skates by at work, watching it all unravel, saying nothing,peeking around the corner thinking, phhh, glad that’s not me for fear of loosing your cushion job or just lack of concern for what’s right. Maybe it was the brainwashing you received when you clocked in, don’t know. Seen the guys who won’t say a word when they walk in the door because they think the company is listening to them through the kiosk or computer. But yet have no problem calling someone out on here. Wow. Maybe this company needs some push back to keep them in check as well. I certainly don’t feel it’s my “right” to change any thing here, just feel it’s my right to make sure I’m giving the same respect back. The company has the right to change whatever they want, your right, it’s there’s, but we also have a right to question and/or disagree without fear of termination or favoritism. Don’t won’t to get into moral grounds or finances with anyone, that’s each other’s business. So maybe if this company does change sometime, you can ride off into your sunset saying you did jack**** your whole time here. You had your chance to say something when you worked here so don’t continue to throw guys under the bus as if we’re wining and bitching because they actually care. I maybe a prostitute now that I think about it but at least I won’t be a cheap *****.

I had a great career. All I asked for was a fair days pay for a fair days work and I got it every week. I knew what I signed up for in 1995 and anytime there was a change I had a choice to make. I did things on a personal level that helped many drivers through the years. I served on committees and forums within the company that did make a difference. One of my nominations not only was awarded the Presidents award from SAIA, he also won the Corporate award from YRC, well, Yellow at the time. I know I made a difference. All it sounds like to me is you accomplish is stirring the pot and cause hate and discontent. Nothing positive that you’ve attested to anyway. Look up the S.W.E.A.T. Pledge. Try to live up to a standard like that. Then you’ll know you made a difference.

I get it now, you needed an ataboy that you didn’t get I guess. The best I can do is offer you 5 honorary isaia points, spend them how you want, your retired. I don’t need to beat my chest over my accomplishments and charitable givings, that’s how I was raised but honestly this is boring me because the thread isn’t about you and i’s personal lives. I know it stings a bit when someone says the company sucks with all your accolades but right now it does. Hopefully it won’t suck forever. As far as hate, nah, not that serious, now I will stir the pot on occasion, because it’s like a good cheese dip, if you don’t, you get that skin stuff on the surface. So thank you Dr.Phil for straightening me out now I must return to class to ride off the rails on the crazy train. :15:

Honor is simply the morality of superior men. I don’t see that at the top at SAIA. Too many lies have been told and far to many have been stabbed in the back.

Enough of the philosophical parallels. It goes right over most peoples heads anyway. Let me be brutally honest and clear. This was once a great company to work for but now it’s just another job that’s not set apart from the rest. Louis Saia would be ashamed of what his company has become. DriveCam in your face and condescending manager’s and a safety department that has no clue what it’s like to be a driver. No Bluetooths or CB’s is beyond ridiculous. They sit behind a computer and pass judgment. DriveCam within itself is not that bad but the way they use it selectively is. And the favorites drive older units without cameras and they aren’t held accountable at all. It makes discrimination very easy to get away with. This type of behavior tells you everything you need to know about this company. Many employees have dug themselves a hole and have no choice but to stay. Many can’t stand this company any longer but are simply trapped. And they wonder why many won’t go that extra mile. I’m not trying to rub salt in the wound but I am suggesting that some get out of debt and move on to a better company. A company that trust their drivers to do the right thing without looking over their shoulders. “Free the prisoners.”

Last edited:
Wise info. Was stuck at a job in my early years over financial issues that I couldn’t seem to dig out of and swore when I did, it would never happen again. Feel for those who are now but honestly there’s a lot of talent here among drivers, even beyond driving that I’ve heard about but some don’t leave because of vacation time accured, benefits, weekends off,(all that keeps me here..for now)even location. Some smaller cities don’t have terminals lined up in a row to go to. Some areas are known for definite unemployment until spring if your not working by October. It’s been a long time since I’ve heard someone says it’s a great place to work like they used to and that’s a shame.

Wise info. Was stuck at a job in my early years over financial issues that I couldn’t seem to dig out of and swore when I did, it would never happen again. Feel for those who are now but honestly there’s a lot of talent here among drivers, even beyond driving that I’ve heard about but some don’t leave because of vacation time accured, benefits, weekends off,(all that keeps me here..for now)even location. Some smaller cities don’t have terminals lined up in a row to go to. Some areas are known for definite unemployment until spring if your not working by October. It’s been a long time since I’ve heard someone says it’s a great place to work like they used to and that’s a shame.
When you’re debt free you have many more options. The benefits didn’t mean ::shit:: to me. You can’t put a price on peace of mind. The discrimination here is unacceptable. The favorites here aren’t held to the same standard of the others. Total discrimination!

Last edited:
I worked at SAIA for almost 5 years and watched junior guys pass over me constantly with better start times. They don’t bid routes or start times here and seniority means nothing. They just place you where they want you and that’s where you stay. Now, they have a clever way to make you think they go by seniority but the facts are they don’t. If this thread takes off and gathers some steam I will expose much more but as for now I won’t waste my time on things that no one cares about.
Dude you know darn well that goes on at every trucking company.

Dude you know darn well that goes on at every trucking company.
Yes, it does but SAIA takes it to another level. R&L doesn’t even come close BOY. I think we both know what it takes at R&L to get a good start time. At SAIA all it takes is permanently affixing your lips to the dispatchers ass.

Looks like you guys are getting a taste of what most of the trucking industry was like in the 50s,
Nepotism was rampant, brother in law and boss's friends drove newer diesel powered units on long
paying runs, while older employees drove ragged ass gas burners on short low paying runs.
Seniority was just a word, best way to move up, marry the boss's sister.
What to do, what to do, twas back in the good old days.
Northeast will be a whole new ballgame for them !!!

Northeast will be a whole new ballgame for them !!!

That’s exactly what everyone said when they moved to the west coast and then the Chicago region. Don’t think for a minute the son-in-law of the former president of YRC isn’t well equipped to handle the northeast. Hell, the northeast is full of a bunch of weak liberal crybabies anymore. The unions are a joke and now they’ve been sold out by their political allies. Shocking.