ABF | Now what do you think about ABF consessions

I have a Brother-in Law who works at ABF and one of the stewards was told by the Union BA that they should take the deal. He told him to shove it and that he would see him when they locked the gates. There are a lot of guys at ABF from other companies who have seen this all before. Just look at YRCW. All the concessions and they are rewarded with more lay-offs and more give backs. Seeing people stand up to the company is the only thing that makes me proud to be a union member any more.

I work for YRC. This is what a 15% pay cut amounts to a week. My check this week was for 41.37hrs straight time and 8 hrs time and a half for a Gross total of $1214.91. The amount of the 15% is $182.24. They pay you at full rate then take 15% off so you get to see it every week. Now times that amout by 52weeks. Thats money that should be in your savings account if they would have managed the company properly. Oh yea plus no pension payments.

Let me ask you this. Do we receive extra pay for taking a treadmill or theatre chairs upstairs or put them together becuse it is a turn key. Do we get paid extra for delivering relocubes even though this is extra work. NO! The company charges extra for this service and we see none of it I don't know about the rest of you, but I would be willing to give up the raises, but not anything else. We are working 55 to 60 hours a week now because they do not want to give us help and they expect us to do the same for less money. I SAY NO WAY JACK.

:chairshot:
hey shoeman you couldn't be more wrong
i was being sarcastic and not justifying a concession just telling you what is going on and that abf's actions regarding their bottom line was deliberate
next time read between the lines before criticizing me :shit:head :poke:

[quote author=big steve link=topic=75661.msg815092#msg815092 date=1269202784]
i was being sarcastic and not justifying a concession just telling you what is going on and that abf's actions regarding their bottom line was deliberate
next time read between the lines before criticizing me :shit:head :poke:
[/quote]Dont call me ********! Thats against the rules! I have no other comment for ya other than "good luck".

[quote author=Double barrel link=topic=75661.msg815197#msg815197 date=1269217871]
vote no,no concession talks.Do not open the door for the Union to say you gave me the ok for concession talk. ABF has to show they are really hurting to pay the bills. :duel:
[/quote]THINGS SEEM ALOT BUSIER LATELY,WE'VE BEEN BRINGING DELIVERIES BACK AND MISSING PICKUPS MOSTLY DUE TO POOR PLANNING... IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD TO SEE THE SALES PEOPLE OUT WORKING ON NEW BUISNESS FOR A CHANGE.. THINGS ARE LOOKING UP.... TILL WE MISS MORE PICKUPS.. :stir:

[quote author=shoeman link=topic=75661.msg815178#msg815178 date=1269216448]
[quote author=big steve link=topic=75661.msg815092#msg815092 date=1269202784]
next time read between the lines before criticizing me :badword: :poke:
[/quote]Dont call me ********! Thats against the rules! I have no other comment for ya other than "good luck".
[/quote]

:shift: Jeff got the language filters online today. :thumbsup:

Hello to all my brother's and sister's at ABF it's unfortunate we have came to this crossroad's of are life but here we are.You have to admit are dear old uncle WES has a big set to ask for a 15% pay cut right out of the gate.So it fall's back to the poor working men and women to pay for it again.But thank god uncle Wes got his big fat pay raise so his 15% pay cut should not hurt him i will sleep better tonite for that. Look's like were headed down the old dirt road again like at Carolina one day you own your equipment the next day your leasing. Let's look back at contract time all ABF talk about was getting out of the pension plan because it was a empty hole. Let's go forward to today the IBT allow the largest contributor to the plan out UPS shorty after YRC was allowed to stop paying into the plan for 18 month's.Only the great gizmo can tell us when they will be paying back in i'f every.So to me ABF and the IBT should sit down and talk about letting ABF to have a single employee retirement plan.ABF no longer has a money problem and the IBT save's ABF employee's and retiree's pension plan to the 15% pay cut hell no hope to hear from all of you.

I think they are trying the scare tactic where they ask for way more than they want. When the vote comes around after all these talks of 15% everyone will just roll when they find out it is only 5%.

that's been covered already... it's not a raise, it's a bookkeeping task required by the IRS to set theoretical maximums... no actual change in salary is being done.

We can't wait until they can't pay their bills before we do something. If you were losing money every month with your household bills you would probably start cutting things out of your budget like cable, dining out and new car payments. I don't believe that they keep going to their shareholders every quarter and lie to them and say they are losing money when they really aren't. Yes they can move there money around to do some creative things to cut down on profits IE. capital expenditures and goodwill payments( whatever that is) but all of the carriers union and non-union are hurting and its not just ABFin the red and everyone else in the black. Every carrier is having problems except the carriers that are hauling freight for free. There may be some pension relief coming for the company's that have multi employer pension plans. If this bill passes ABF will receive some pension relief. Keep that in mind when you vote. I personally would like to take that 15% of my pay and put in a Roth IRA and let ABF out of the pension for a year than lose 15% on my weekly paycheck. Does anyone know how much they contribute to the central states for my pension in a year ? I would lose close to 10,000 if i gave back 15% of my pay. If they can save that much by getting out of pension I say go for it. I Just want a choice 15% or my pension. We are all different ages and have different priorities. I just want my money to invest as I see fit.

I dunno how accurate it is, but someone on the yrcw board said that yrcw was paying on average $300/week per teamster into the funds. So, $1200/month, $14,400/year, on average.

ABF pays $62.40 per day into Central States for your pension per employee. I'm surprised they don't want to go after that instead of 15% of the hourly pay. If you never work ot then the paycut would be $600 per month but to stop pension payments would save $1120 per month. It makes me think that someone at the IBT doesn't want their cash cow cut off.

My fellow ABF workers...When is enough, enough? The working man is always being asked to fix the companies problem always the rank & file has to carry the burden. Our rights are being taken away daily and the time has come to stand up and say enough. Board of directors getting raises, Mr. Kemp is given a big fat raise, the company uses a "goodwillcharge" which is a business trick used to drive down profits, they have paid dividens to it's stock holders all while losing money & the only way they claim they can survive is if they get our money. how stupid do they think we are? they can try to spin the raises any way they want it's still a fact that wes kemp is making a 100,000 more this year. oh wait he's taking on added responability oh & we aren't? how about all those two man deliveres we are making alone...how many ground deliv are we making without a liftgate yet the company still charges for all these services. They want to extort your hard earned money they want you to pay for the right to work your job. no way not now not ever......we must stand up & say NO. this is a historic decision we are the last teamsters standing. they have never given us more money when they made huge profits of our backs. don't let them scare you or intimadate you....if not us than who ,if not now them when?? we stand tall, strong & united. NO GIVEBACKS !! We have earned raises in 3%inclements & they want to take it back in 15%. 5 years worth of raises..are you kidding me? A message to ABF & The TEAMSTERS who mailed out that flier "A FAIR DAYS WORK FOR A FAIR DAYS PAY" that means being paid what my union contract scale says NOW not what I was making in 2005 because that's NOT FAIR PAY IN 2010

I think you are right on the money Leftyblack.It's time for ABF upper management to earn the big dollars that they make by getting the company profitable,but not on the backs of labor giving back.If they want out of the Pension Plans they need to buy ABF employee's out. I will not go for esop.401k,or any wage concession.I worked years,many years for a company always saying that we operated at 100 or higher. ABF doesn't have a non-union company to spin all the shareholder 's into and I don't believe management would let the company fail.