New Penn | NP - vote yes

freightguy1

TB Lurker
Credits
Whether you like yrc or not, it is not the fault of your fellow brothers at YRC that we are now in this situation.. my vote of no affects the livelihood of 45,000 people.. if we vote no, the banks wont amend the financing and yrc cant stay open... if we vote no, they may merge us into yrc as a dovetail and I would be taking the job of yrc teamster who did vote yes.. if you dont want to take the concession, them please DO NOT VOTE... I am voting yes for the healthcare alone !

Whether you like yrc or not, it is not the fault of your fellow brothers at YRC that we are now in this situation.. my vote of no affects the livelihood of 45,000 people.. if we vote no, the banks wont amend the financing and yrc cant stay open... if we vote no, they may merge us into yrc as a dovetail and I would be taking the job of yrc teamster who did vote yes.. if you dont want to take the concession, them please DO NOT VOTE... I am voting yes for the healthcare alone !
dovetail i dont think so yrc bought new penn so it wiil be a endtail.

Then I guess you believe that the banks will pull the plug on all of yrc because little northeast carrier newpenn said no???
come on, open your eyes

Hey Mr. TEXAS1 you should probably stop your line of bull now. I don't know how long you have been a TEAMSTER but you don't just give everything away. I'm a third generation TEAMSTER and a very proud union man. What YRC is asking of us is to give everything that my family fought long and hard to gain for guys like you and me. Quite frankly I think they have a lot of nerve to even ask. We must vote no on this because it is the right thing to do.Concession bargaining never works not now not ever, VOTE NO.

so what-they have big balls at new penn-shut it down you macho sons of teamsters !!!!
They're not going to shut it down. They will vote yes this time. All that talk about big balls was just that...talk. Now that they realize there will be consequences, the big balls will be laying on the floor. They thought they could vote no and let the YRC drivers take the hit without any consequences but now they will vote yes. They will be asked to turn in their green uniforms annd issued pink ones complete with pink panties.

Vote Yes, noone like to give in, but the times now, it is too hard to get another job, where can we go and make the $$ even w/ a 15% paycut that we are making now, plus our healthcare..?? You cant u just wont find it anywhere.. Y lose our senority, vacation, health care and pay?? Not worth being a bullhead. Not to me.

Well you sure can tell you dont work for any of these companies, it easy for people to talk big when their livleyhood is NOT in danger.. like I said b/4 I dont think its a matter of where your balls per say are.. and if you are so into the ball talk I for one would rather have my balls as you say on the floor than in my hand w/ my family in the food line..!!!!

Do the math, a yes vote would give yrc 400 somthing mill. from the banks, that would put us 1 billion in the hole, yellow dosn't know how to make money, makes it too easy for them to file bankrup and merge us anyway.

Vote Yes, noone like to give in, but the times now, it is too hard to get another job, where can we go and make the $$ even w/ a 15% paycut that we are making now, plus our healthcare..?? You cant u just wont find it anywhere.. Y lose our senority, vacation, health care and pay?? Not worth being a bullhead. Not to me.

YES do the math,where i am 490.00 a week unemployment and when my benefit's run out, purchase the cobra just med and script's at 963.00 a month and if you want the coverage like you have now 1100 and change a month.
So think about it.VOTE YES,you have to put your nad's back in your wife's purse and bring them out to play another day.
Preserve your position to fight another day,and the guy that said endtail is right,no dovetailing will be happening.
So vote NO and then i will be called back and you NP proud guy's can collect.:clap:

dovetail i dont think so yrc bought new penn so it wiil be a endtail.

The Texan is correct. Buyouts, merges, acquisitions whatever you call it is a dovetail. Seniority will prevail. But people at both New Penn and YRC could get hurt in a merge. Only a yes win could prevent job loses It won't affect me one way or the other

The Texan is correct. Buyouts, merges, acquisitions whatever you call it is a dovetail. Seniority will prevail. But people at both New Penn and YRC could get hurt in a merge. Only a yes win could prevent job loses It won't affect me one way or the other

it will not be a dovetail they will let you fill out an application and if they want you then you will be hired at the bottom

it will not be a dovetail
they will let you fill out an application and if they want you then you will be hired at the bottom

Negative. Yellow bought Roadway and dovetailed. It is always a dovetail under any circumstance. Seniority will prevail. Ask your BA. It's in the contract for decades

Negative. Yellow bought Roadway and dovetailed. It is always a dovetail under any circumstance. Seniority will prevail. Ask your BA. It's in the contract for decades

Joe, what do you think of this contract language? Do you read it the way I read it?
NMFA Contract Article 5. Sec 4. paragraph b
Highest Rates Prevail
If the minimum wage, hours and working conditions in the company absorbed differ from those minimums set forthin this agreement and supplements thereto, the higher of the two shall remain in effect for the employees so absorbed.

Here is my understanding of that language, anyone can chime in and disagree or prove me wrong if you want. If we vote yes, we get the concessions and could still possibly be merged (absorbed) into yrc... If we vote no, we keep our current rates and pension and just possibly yrc won't do ..but if they do merge (absorb) us into yrc we still keep our current rates.. if this language is how I read it, then what reason would anyone vote yes???

Joe, what do you think of this contract language? Do you read it the way I read it?
NMFA Contract Article 5. Sec 4. paragraph b
Highest Rates Prevail
If the minimum wage, hours and working conditions in the company absorbed differ from those minimums set forthin this agreement and supplements thereto, the higher of the two shall remain in effect for the employees so absorbed.

Here is my understanding of that language, anyone can chime in and disagree or prove me wrong if you want. If we vote yes, we get the concessions and could still possibly be merged (absorbed) into yrc...
If we vote no, we keep our current rates and pension and just possibly yrc won't do ..[
QUOTE]but if they do merge (absorb) us into yrc we still keep our current rates.. if this language is how I read it, then what reason would anyone vote yes?
??[/QUOTE]

All lot of you think YRC is stupid for a lot of reasons. The rapid expansion was a mistake. It was followed by the meltdown. Nothin you could do about that now. They won't possibly merge if they don't have to. They are not that stupid. But they will take the hit to have it their way. You're the steward, you're a phone call away about the current rate question. If you can't trust your BA you really got a prob

I know we are being told the banks need it BUT WHY DOES YRC NEED THIS YES VOTE SO BADLY. To me it seems like it makes it easier for them to go on with their destruction of union companies.

All lot of you think YRC is stupid for a lot of reasons. The rapid expansion was a mistake. It was followed by the meltdown. Nothin you could do about that now. They won't possibly merge if they don't have to. They are not that stupid. But they will take the hit to have it their way. You're the steward, you're a phone call away about the current rate question. If you can't trust your BA you really got a prob[/QUOTE]

First off Joe, I have no problem with my BA. 2nd, look what time I posted the question! Should I have called him at 11pm when I was reading the article to ask him?
You were asked a simple question about the language. But as usual when you or your other cronies on here don't have an answer, you resort to talking ::shit:: about the person who posted it.

I did get an answer today, The IBT's position is that Newpenn was already absorbed when YRC bought us so the language is not in effect for a merger. Sounds like a BS way around the language to me, but thats the answer I got.