Holland | NPME puts Holland guys to work

GREAT NEWS, its about time. It would be better if they were still at Holland but that isn't going to happen. Thanks for the update doing life.

at 5 pm today 11 holland guys came to work at new penn camp hill...

I hope we can put more guys on...:shift:
Good to here that we took some holland boys on , herd you guys at the hill got buried somthing like 38 loads just from holland. I hope we can take on many more at other terms in the system.

Good to here that we took some holland boys on , herd you guys at the hill got buried somthing like 38 loads just from holland. I hope we can take on many more at other terms in the system.

Well that proves one thing...ain't nothin' wrong with your hearing

Wa are being told that Holland men going to Camp Hill are starting at full wage and two weeks vacation. Can anyone confirm od deny that ?

As of today talking to my TM We haven't had any come over to cinnaminson or apply. Unless they applied online.

Only can add this comment ... all the road board is not working at Cinnaminson yet ! Also heard Trenton is not using all their road board either.
Maybe the Hill is busy, but that does not apply to every NP terminal.

out of 48 approx. of layed of teamsters at hbg holland, only 11 decided to give it a try at npme. thats after being able to get 100% wages and bennies,2weeks vaction and what ever else the union got for them.

out of 48 approx. of layed of teamsters at hbg holland, only 11 decided to give it a try at npme. thats after being able to get 100% wages and bennies,2weeks vaction and what ever else the union got for them.

I think you're referring to HA/Holland aren't you? If 11 men from Holland just started at NP, why do you think that's all that applied for work? Could it be maybe that's all NP needed to hire right now?

Actually, I think what he meant to say was out of 48 guys. Only 11 chose to work for NewPenn. the others picked yellow/roadway to go to if and when they are called.

Actually, I think what he meant to say was out of 48 guys. Only 11 chose to work for NewPenn. the others picked yellow/roadway to go to if and when they are called.
Or they could have just said :tongue0002: all together and decided not to work for YRC no matter where!!!!!!

ok I signed up and was one of the 11 guys that was called yesterday to new penn. We went back at the 90% which is after the 10% give back that we all voted on, and starting with senority date as hire date 4/6/09. With no vacation for this year only receiving the 2weeks that was owed from holland that was already earned. So basically the only benefit was that we did not start at the normal 75% scale. Hope this clears all of the rumors up.

ok I signed up and was one of the 11 guys that was called yesterday to new penn. We went back at the 90% which is after the 10% give back that we all voted on, and starting with senority date as hire date 4/6/09. With no vacation for this year only receiving the 2weeks that was owed from holland that was already earned. So basically the only benefit was that we did not start at the normal 75% scale. Hope this clears all of the rumors up.
I would have to refresh my memory but I dont think you would start at 75% by a yrc owned company. Good luck to you at NP. Just met some yesterday and they seem to be some good men!!!!

Sounds like what is spelled out in the contract.
Hiring from a comonly owned company. I don't remember anything about the vacations though.

Your company closed and you were out of a job...And the only benefit you see was not starting at 75%? How about the benefit of being placed on the seniority list on the first day you work? And if you are making 100% then minus the 10% = 90% thats also a benefit. The contract called for new hires at 90% of rate.Which at the new pay cut would have actually put you at 80% of the old pay scale.
So you see no benefit in getting a job, being put on the list from day one, being able to get your 2 weeks vacation which otherwise you would have had to wait and fight for, earning new vacation, getting paid 10% higher than if u had to shop around for work... and getting time in for your H&W and Pension....I know it sucks that Holland closed up on you, but give me a break...
And thats not a complaint on my part..I'm glad to see guys get something out of this and I hope more of the Holland guys get to work as soon as they can.

Your company closed and you were out of a job...And the only benefit you see was not starting at 75%? How about the benefit of being placed on the seniority list on the first day you work? And if you are making 100% then minus the 10% = 90% thats also a benefit. The contract called for new hires at 90% of rate.Which at the new pay cut would have actually put you at 80% of the old pay scale.
So you see no benefit in getting a job, being put on the list from day one, being able to get your 2 weeks vacation which otherwise you would have had to wait and fight for, earning new vacation, getting paid 10% higher than if u had to shop around for work... and getting time in for your H&W and Pension....I know it sucks that Holland closed up on you, but give me a break...
And thats not a complaint on my part..I'm glad to see guys get something out of this and I hope more of the Holland guys get to work as soon as they can.

not a whole lot that we didn't already know, you were given the option to sign up with YRC, New Penn, or be unemployed. My understanding is the warn act may be paid if not the union wouls intervene. Guys that were hired on by new penn would be given the hire date as seniority date, vacation would be paid based on seniority at holland so this is where the 2 weeks vacation is coming from, so you would start back at the 90% scale with new seniority date. vacation is what was owed from holland

The main point is that the Union didn't turn their back on them completely, this time. Most of this is spelled out in the NMFA and as such it was done per the NMFA. Just keep in mind how someone would feel if this happened to them. You would be doing the same job as before making less money and have less seniority/rights. This is better than nothing but not as good as it was before for them. How would the NP or any others guys feel if YRC had shut down NP or another company and "allowed" some of the guys to come over to Holland or YRC?

The Holland guys got messed over and they have a right to be upset. I'm glad that some of them are getting to work for NP but don't expect them to be thankful for getting messed over by YRCW/Zollars. Give them some time to vent and get over their own anger for what happened and stop trying to keep them all upset. Most of the time things like this take time to get over and I'm sure some people will never get over it.

What about the contract we all voted on that we were misguided about and all of the things that have been changed without us voting on them? Never mind, that's another thread. :ranting2:

At New Penn Baltimore we have maybe 8 Holland guys working. Two were on the street today along with all our laid off guys who came back. Not one tractor left in the yard, had to use the spare Holland is keeping here. Rest of the Holland guys are working the outbound.