Holland | NPME puts Holland guys to work

Benny, don't get me started on the wage concession vote!! that has me pissed on how were all were screwed.
But I understand the holland guys being pissed off..I would be also if NP closed. But, my point is, what they were given in this deal is pretty good considering what they could have got. And finally the Union did something right. As far as the NMFA contract. The only thing they would have received was the 90% of full rate for one year "If hired and worked for a commonly owned company"...They are gettin much more than the contract called for..And I am 100% in agreement with them getting it...they deserve it, just as any Freight Teamster would, no matter which company you worked for.
unless I am wrong, they are actually getting 100% of the "top rate" (which as we all know is really 90% due to wage reduction) as well as being put on the seniority list from day one, with vacation....
VENT all you want brothers!!! I know I would be venting bigtime if I was in the same boat..Good luck...We all need it

I wasn't meaning to direct that post toward you or anyone else NP107. I quoted you and SH2008 so everyone would know what I was talking about. Its my understanding that they're starting at 90% of the current top NP pay wage.

Let's use a dollar for this. We used to get $1.00 per hour, now we get $0.90 per hour. The new hire Holland guys are getting $0.81 per hour. After one year they will be back up to the full wage pay minus the 10% give back we voted on. 100% - 10% = 90% - 10% = 81%

doing life, this is a good news thread. Its just that this thread is about the survivors of a tragedy. Its just hard to separate the bad memories from the good news.

Sorry you miss understood what I thought, I'm the wife who keep track of updates for my spouse that was hired on at new penn. Yes he does appreciate being hired on, so maybe i placed the comment out there and you misunderstd what i was typing out there. I'm just glad a job is out there and and was made available so quickly. Based on the comment in regards to vacation, yes i'm getting 2 weeks vacation, but it still is based on the new senority at new penn, so yes I may not get the week vacation that he wants, which basically means that he may enjoy part of a normal vacation that is normally scheduled will now be harder to get.
So sorry for the confusion, it sucks being a wife of a driver that had a bid and some sort of a normal life, that has now been ripped away from me, do to YRC not being able to mirco manage their company and that all of the guys at holland within all the terminals that where shut down in the east do to poor management on YRC part. So excuse me for being a upset spouse that now has to readjust to this schedule.

Benny, I think you're wrong on the rates unless something changed in last few days from the memo the teamsters put out.... the contract said members would get 90% of the top rate if hired.... The new agreement for the holland guys states..."such employees who were being paid at the full rate shall continue to be paid at the full rate(less the 10% wage reduction)
With that said... I consider the full rate for all of us to be our rate prior to 10% loss.. I am thinking this is the same for the holland agreement. So I think they would be making the same rate as I am..

Wow sorry to start an issue here, I just double checked the hand out that was received and verified with my hubby they started back at 90% Didn't mean to start a big issue here.

Your company closed and you were out of a job...And the only benefit you see was not starting at 75%? How about the benefit of being placed on the seniority list on the first day you work? And if you are making 100% then minus the 10% = 90% thats also a benefit. The contract called for new hires at 90% of rate.Which at the new pay cut would have actually put you at 80% of the old pay scale.
So you see no benefit in getting a job, being put on the list from day one, being able to get your 2 weeks vacation which otherwise you would have had to wait and fight for, earning new vacation, getting paid 10% higher than if u had to shop around for work... and getting time in for your H&W and Pension....I know it sucks that Holland closed up on you, but give me a break...
And thats not a complaint on my part..I'm glad to see guys get something out of this and I hope more of the Holland guys get to work as soon as they can.
Who is this directed towards and calm the hell down already!!!!!!!

Slowhand2008, you've did nothing wrong what so ever. I read every post in this forum and several other forum, its what I do here. I sometimes understand certain things that some members don't because I've read something some where else that helped me to understand what they said. I and many other members use quotes as an aid to help others to understand what we're talking about with our posts. The people that certain messages are directed toward know who they are and if they don't, they'll get an extra private message to make sure they do. You're helping us all to understand what's going on with an ex-Holland/Now New Penn employee, please keep your updates coming because they do help use all to better understand everything.

I'm very calm...if you have something to add ahoeman, then add it.
Slowhand2008...no problems caused.. this is for discussions and opinions...no one is mad.. Goodluck to your husband, the bad part is that its usually our wives and kids who get the short end of the stick with our jobs and shifts we have to work.. And it sucks big time when guys have to completely start over..

on my part it was directed towards new penn dude, as what I said was taken out of contexts as I miss interrupted something and it was taken the wrong way for me being ungrateful that my spouse got a job and I missed stating that it was a benefit for him to get hired on so quickly. So I want to clear this up, I'm just an upset spouse with the changes going on. So you guys can vent all you want on me.

Wow sorry to start an issue here, I just double checked the hand out that was received and verified with my hubby they started back at 90% Didn't mean to start a big issue here.

OK, just to make sure exactly what he means. Is he making the same as a regular New Penn employee or is he making 90% less for one year and then will be making the same as a regular New Penn employee?

on my part it was directed towards new penn dude, as what I said was taken out of contexts as I miss interrupted something and it was taken the wrong way for me being ungrateful that my spouse got a job and I missed stating that it was a benefit for him to get hired on so quickly. So I want to clear this up, I'm just an upset spouse with the changes going on. So you guys can vent all you want on me.

no harm done slowhand.... thats why I posted earlier to Vent all you want because i would be doing the same... We all vent at times. As long as no one is calling others names then its all good.

Thanks Newpenn I'm glad you understand what is going on. As it is hard being a wife of a driver that is now going thru 6 companys closing due to poor management. So i'm just tired of having to go thru it all over again, and yes the holland guys are fortunate to have had the opportunity to sign up with yrc or newpenn. just sucks when your spouse is so close to being able to retirement, so at least working at new penn it is time honored with his retirement.

Thanks all for listening to complaints from a drivers wife who now has to hear the complaining of a driver going to the Docks, guess he will have to work harder. I will keep you all informed of anything I hear as my spouse is computer illerate.

I just called out ops manager.. he couldnt give me an answer about the rate...and to add a lil more good news..
I was also told Wilson will soon be out of the picture except for the florida freight.

Bennyhill it is 90% So basically he is at the same rate he was at holland, so no monies lost, other than he is getting basic hourly wage with no mileage since he is working the dock