Holland | NPME puts Holland guys to work

Just so you guys know.. Cinnaminson is filling out a call sheet on every holland guy they call and having it verified by another teamster. This way no one from holland has their seniority violated and the company cant call just the guys they want or know. I assume the other Newpenn terminals are doing the same

The way i understand at it is at the holland harrisburg terminal there was a sign up sheet. If you didn't sign up then NPME Camp hill didn't call you.. there were 11 who signed up and we put them to work...

Benny, don't get me started on the wage concession vote!! that has me pissed on how were all were screwed.
But I understand the holland guys being pissed off..I would be also if NP closed. But, my point is, what they were given in this deal is pretty good considering what they could have got. And finally the Union did something right. As far as the NMFA contract. The only thing they would have received was the 90% of full rate for one year "If hired and worked for a commonly owned company"...They are gettin much more than the contract called for..And I am 100% in agreement with them getting it...they deserve it, just as any Freight Teamster would, no matter which company you worked for.
unless I am wrong, they are actually getting 100% of the "top rate" (which as we all know is really 90% due to wage reduction) as well as being put on the seniority list from day one, with vacation....
VENT all you want brothers!!! I know I would be venting bigtime if I was in the same boat..Good luck...We all need it
The reason it was a good deal (as you call it) is because YRC wanted out of the 30 day notice rule. After you pay for a loaf of bread and I take it from you and give you back a slice :Off-Topic:isn't that a good deal to.:ranting2:Bottom line is they still (including me):Pick-Me:got screwed.PS HA was not loseing money. YRC just decited that why have 2 co. doing the same thing in the same area (smart on their part) We lost NP won. Now let it rest need a beer.:beerchug:Could have gone the other way.

on my part it was directed towards new penn dude, as what I said was taken out of contexts as I miss interrupted something and it was taken the wrong way for me being ungrateful that my spouse got a job and I missed stating that it was a benefit for him to get hired on so quickly. So I want to clear this up, I'm just an upset spouse with the changes going on. So you guys can vent all you want on me.

Slowhand2008 are we still ( with the other girls) getting drunk and riding the horse naked. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

3 guys on now at cinnaminson...posted up 10% bids for next week, they are getting 830 and 9am starts...Don't forget that any guys put on the list also get the 5 sick and 4 personal days
That may be from where you are from but I think ( uh o here I go again thinking gets me in trouble all the time):biglaugh: in 776 area they must start before 4/1 to get these days except maybe birthday?

Talk to your B A, we were told in upstate New York that we did not have to put in a written application. Both YRC and New Penn in your locals jurisdiction, were to hire off the Holland list in seniority order exclusively, after all the current YRC and New Penn men were recalled. If a Holland was called and works one day, you are immediately on the list at the current full pay rate. No progression pay cut. You lose your seniority and you become a bottom man. :shift:
In HA we singed a list of choice NP, YRC, both or none ove the above

The reason it was a good deal (as you call it) is because YRC wanted out of the 30 day notice rule. After you pay for a loaf of bread and I take it from you and give you back a slice :Off-Topic:isn't that a good deal to.:ranting2:Bottom line is they still (including me):Pick-Me:got screwed.PS HA was not loseing money. YRC just decited that why have 2 co. doing the same thing in the same area (smart on their part) We lost NP won. Now let it rest need a beerCould have gone the other way.

You're right sloppy, let it rest..then why are you adding to a post that hasn't had anything since april 15th!!
And it was a good deal considering what they would have received. which was nothing except preferrential hiring if they were needed....
now let it rest..all you post is bull ::shit:: and knocking people down about their post..

You're right sloppy, let it rest..then why are you adding to a post that hasn't had anything since april 15th!!
And it was a good deal considering what they would have received. which was nothing except preferrential hiring if they were needed....
now let it rest..all you post is bull ::shit:: and knocking people down about their post..
Duh didn't know it was aganist rules to quote old post won't happen again sorry. Why do you think I'm knocking people down my opinion just as theirs was free speach last I checked. PS If I am out of line have me banned if not and you don't like my post skip them. Were have I called people names like some have of me(as you might tell doesn't bother me) or criticize some ones post. Whops I think I did call some a bunch of women in a dress factory. Shame on me.

Your company closed and you were out of a job...And the only benefit you see was not starting at 75%? How about the benefit of being placed on the seniority list on the first day you work? And if you are making 100% then minus the 10% = 90% thats also a benefit. The contract called for new hires at 90% of rate.Which at the new pay cut would have actually put you at 80% of the old pay scale.
So you see no benefit in getting a job, being put on the list from day one, being able to get your 2 weeks vacation which otherwise you would have had to wait and fight for, earning new vacation, getting paid 10% higher than if u had to shop around for work... and getting time in for your H&W and Pension....I know it sucks that Holland closed up on you, but give me a break...
And thats not a complaint on my part..I'm glad to see guys get something out of this and I hope more of the Holland guys get to work as soon as they can.

NP107: Get your info correct. Us Holland men lost our jobs and New Penn got the Holland freight. The rehire agreement only runs from the closure date of 4/3/09 until 4/3/12, AFTER that date we lose our earned Holland vacation weeks and have to go thru a 3 year pay cut progression. Needless to say, any Holland man hired on, gets endtailed, not dovetailed onto the New Penn seniority list, BEHIND all EXISTING New Penn list men. Hence New Penns most junior man will be Senior to the Seniorist Holland man, that is really great!! Yeah right for New Penn only. Wait till the YRC morons sell or shut New Penn. Then it will be New Penn mens time, to get a real TASTE of our so called great rehire agreement. Holland has always been and still is, a GREAT well respected Mid West regional carrier. I know first hand, because I was a Former Red Star man hired by Holland after the Red Star closure. I could not have made a better carrier choice, plus the paychecks were astronomical. Enjoy your day moving the Holland freight, in your Green Machine.

NP107: Get your info correct. Us Holland men lost our jobs and New Penn got the Holland freight. The rehire agreement only runs from the closure date of 4/3/09 until 4/3/12, AFTER that date we lose our earned Holland vacation weeks and have to go thru a 3 year pay cut progression. Needless to say, any Holland man hired on, gets endtailed, not dovetailed onto the New Penn seniority list, BEHIND all EXISTING New Penn list men. Hence New Penns most junior man will be Senior to the Seniorist Holland man, that is really great!! Yeah right for New Penn only. Wait till the YRC morons sell or shut New Penn. Then it will be New Penn mens time, to get a real TASTE of our so called great rehire agreement. Holland has always been and still is, a GREAT well respected Mid West regional carrier. I know first hand, because I was a Former Red Star man hired by Holland after the Red Star closure. I could not have made a better carrier choice, plus the paychecks were astronomical. Enjoy your day moving the Holland freight, in your Green Machine.
WTF are you guys giving New Penn drivers a hard time for? They have nothing to do with any closures. You need to get a grip!

Yes..get a grip!! I said the deal was good compared to what you were entitled to under the contract..which is nothing...so what the holland guys got was a good deal...it wasnt a good deal that yrc screwed them by shutting down terminals..so read what i said.
You think u should have been dovetailed?? you're nuts...since when do u dove tail a closed operation..this wasn't a merger... And if it was a dovetail the most senior holland guys have 4 years. would you believe a dove tail is fair if they closed newpenn and said we dovetail on your list? I wouldn't expect to dovetail on holland or anyone else if they closed us and not merged us as they did with yellow / roadway...
We all got screwed on this from day one when they first talked about concessions..I said it before the vote and its holding true even more now.

Duh didn't know it was aganist rules to quote old post won't happen again sorry. Why do you think I'm knocking people down my opinion just as theirs was free speach last I checked. PS If I am out of line have me banned if not and you don't like my post skip them. Were have I called people names like some have of me(as you might tell doesn't bother me) or criticize some ones post. Whops I think I did call some a bunch of women in a dress factory. Shame on me.

I read every post that's posted in this forum and if anyone violates the rules I'll let them know. As long as members attack the post and not the poster, we'll all get along just fine.
popcorn.gif

Yes..get a grip!! I said the deal was good compared to what you were entitled to under the contract..which is nothing...so what the holland guys got was a good deal...it wasnt a good deal that yrc screwed them by shutting down terminals..so read what i said.
You think u should have been dovetailed?? you're nuts...since when do u dove tail a closed operation..this wasn't a merger... And if it was a dovetail the most senior holland guys have 4 years. would you believe a dove tail is fair if they closed newpenn and said we dovetail on your list? I wouldn't expect to dovetail on holland or anyone else if they closed us and not merged us as they did with yellow / roadway...
We all got screwed on this from day one when they first talked about concessions..I said it before the vote and its holding true even more now.
NP107 I agree with what you say here. What I was saying in contract YRC was to give a 30 day notice before closing. If not ( I may be wrong on this but it is the way I understand it ) they would have to pay wages+ bennies to effected members. They wanted releaf from this and of course the union gave in on this. This why YRC gave this deal. On the part on dovetail (my opinion only ) There should not be dovetailing no matter what the reason. Now I am getting the warn act just as Phillyis and also HBG guys had a better chance to to get on with NP then any other barn because of the west freight comming in to Camp Hill. The other 6 barns did get screwed by not getting 30 days P+B. And this is the only reason.

NP107 I agree with what you say here. What I was saying in contract YRC was to give a 30 day notice before closing. If not ( I may be wrong on this but it is the way I understand it ) they would have to pay wages+ bennies to effected members. They wanted releaf from this and of course the union gave in on this. This why YRC gave this deal. On the part on dovetail (my opinion only ) There should not be dovetailing no matter what the reason. Now I am getting the warn act just as Phillyis and also HBG guys had a better chance to to get on with NP then any other barn because of the west freight comming in to Camp Hill. The other 6 barns did get screwed by not getting 30 days P+B. And this is the only reason.
Yeah we should have gotten 30 days but we didn't. The terminals out west are, why didn't we. It seems Holland and Yrc are playing the game. Now it comes down to getting a work call at New Penn. Now the games really are being played with calling in a junior man and keeping me at home after I said I was available. LOL, that is fine for me......I will collect my money and laugh while doing so!!!!!!!!