New Penn | ny freight to kearney

road hog

TB Lurker
Credits
well i came back from the city and I seen a note ont he desk that about a dozen or more location in NYC are now served by 06 terminal. so do you not have enough guys in 07 to service them or what. to me they are paying more now in tolls. so how are they saving money?

Less road units into 07 each night. Bigger, modern terminal at 06 with more room. Closer to Manhattan and the upper part of the Bronx so less stem time.
Then again, maybe it's not about the money and only about service ?
Who knows what minds think in management. It's only important to show that changes are being made to justify their jobs. ( That's only an opinion ! )

was in #07 last night, even with the bronx being given to kearney, #07 still had 71 city runs going out that morning. was told freight 10' by 4' on straight truck for some where in manhattan, one stop, and only paid 300$. thats the kinda crap they have to deal with day in and out, and who knows how long to make that one del. right or wrong, basic idea is to have #07 deliver all it's freight day in and out so they dont get backed up to much and hurt service to customers.can't image running the city over there, my hats off to you guys, think i'll stick to night driveing.

was in #07 last night, even with the bronx being given to kearney, #07 still had 71 city runs going out that morning. was told freight 10' by 4' on straight truck for some where in manhattan, one stop, and only paid 300$. thats the kinda crap they have to deal with day in and out, and who knows how long to make that one del. right or wrong, basic idea is to have #07 deliver all it's freight day in and out so they dont get backed up to much and hurt service to customers.can't image running the city over there, my hats off to you guys, think i'll stick to night driveing.

yeah, it can get rough over here Train. even though we still got alot of work, Todd laid off about 5-10 casuals yesterday. told them just to continue to call in :BS:

Sometimes i worry about my job at 07. Im at the bottom of the list and last week i almost had to walk. The only thing that saved me was that they needed a trailer driver and the guy right above me on the list drives straight trucks. So they worked me. Should i start to prepare to call in too or has anyone experienced this and can give me any info.

Sometimes i worry about my job at 07. Im at the bottom of the list and last week i almost had to walk. The only thing that saved me was that they needed a trailer driver and the guy right above me on the list drives straight trucks. So they worked me. Should i start to prepare to call in too or has anyone experienced this and can give me any info.

brother im at 07 and im sure Todd has spoke to you about a probable slow down in frt. now that the Bronx got sent to NJ. this is the problem with over-hiring. my days of walking are long gone but if I were you i'd inquire about Yellow up the block. they are currently hiring. talk to Sal or just walk right into Yellow.

AIonI95, just my opion here, ok, but i would say hang on as long as you possably can. most that have been with npme for awhile have gone through this sometime in there years of service. at #03, month and a half ago, we had road drivers on bottom not working but 1-3 days aweek, now tm just told me he could hire at least 10 more road drivers and work them 5 days a week. stuff constinetly changes in this business. but remember, out of whole YRC regional group, npme was only one to make any money last quarter. over all showing 89 0/r before spotting yrc 4 points makeing it 93 0/r. if you like what you do and how things work when you are working, i'd say stick it out cause guys there will retire, and others may quit, and before you know it you'll be marking off cause you work to much.