ODFL | O.D.'s E-Track Trailers....good or bad ?

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
The first time I saw an E Track trailer I thought they were a good way to ship rough freight.Claims would have to go down and load averages would have to go up.Then I realized you would need to be real careful how you loaded one,having too much weight setting high wouldn't be a good thing.Just like the old way,heavy freight on bottom,light freight on top.Every time I read or hear about a pup flipping I wonder if it was loaded right.About the first thing people ask is how much weight was on it.Nobody thinks about where the weight was at,on the floor or in the air.

the flipper that came o/o our barn fri.was a 584 so it didnt have the e trak but i saw the freight on the dock after it was stripped and man it had 8 plts of can goods and 2 plastic drums and 2 plts of car parts.now this poor guy flipped the tractor and the lead and i wondered to myself if this was loaded heavy to one side.personally i have not felt the "topheavy wobble" but im sure there has been quite a few

I had a badly loaded rear trailer yesterday i thought the son of a beep was going to roll a couple of times i never had one sway so much since i was driving. :hide:

I had a badly loaded rear trailer yesterday i thought the son of a beep was going to roll a couple of times i never had one sway so much since i was driving. :hide:
That sounds like the rear was heaver. And had the bills wrong or the customer lied on the B/L.....You know customers play games with there weight on the B/L

A lot of our forks have scales onboard to prevent this lying of weights.

A lot of our forks have scales onboard to prevent this lying of weights.

Every shipment crossing the dock is supposed to be reweighted.Part of the problems come from freight the customer has loaded and we don't handle,they just load behind it.

it is my personal belief we have people through out the system that just show up for the paycheck and do not really pay attention to what they are doing and do not have good supervision.they do not use the straps to secure the freight or use dunnage in between freight.our outboard does a great job but our inbound loaders to city trailers do not make the grade.there is at least one who gets it because when that certain person loads mine everything is strapped and packed to ride,i just wish supervision throughout the system was better.

Didn't you weigh the set? Chicago still has scales doesn't it? I've had bills that were wrong but the scales don't lie. Easy to tell if the heavy trailer is in the back.

Didn't you weigh the set? Chicago still has scales doesn't it? I've had bills that were wrong but the scales don't lie. Easy to tell if the heavy trailer is in the back.

that depends on when the scale was sevice and how many times the snow plow guy has hit it since then:hysterical: