ODFL | O.D. Shop service

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
Does the shop that services your unit keep the basic parts it needs for a PM in stock,finish the work in a timely manner,and is everything done right the first time ?

Does the shop that services your unit keep the basic parts it needs for a PM in stock,finish the work in a timely manner,and is everything done right the first time ?
Hmmm, depends on which terminal your at.Gbo has had problems in the past not having parts in inventory.I'm sure other shops have experianced these problems.I have walked in several different ones and the shop guys are all goofing around,talking and as soon as they see a driver they scatter like flies off of poop.Then you have to follow them around and they ignore you,like they were busy doing nothing in the first place!Then you ask one about a problem and he says "you need to talk to so&so".Like I know who this guy is!It can be frustrating sometimes and I try not to deal with those kind of shops unless I absolutely have too.Don't get me wrong,there are some fantastic shops in the system,just like there are bad ones.

Hmm almost scares me. everybody here can't wait till we move into our own terminal and get our own shop. I get along fine with the outside vendor we got now and have seen some real know it all grade school graduates at some OD terminals. I just hope they get a half way decent shop crew at the new terminal.

At MRT they do a good job but it doesn't hurt to be their friend instead of their foe.
I had a bad trailer in JCY the other day and they fixed everything quickly and with a smile.
I've had the very good and the very bad in DAL, total extremes in their competance and their caring.
I've had some poor to bad experiences in ATL, HAR and IND. Always get a laugh when I fuel in HAR and walk down the hall to use the bathroom and see all of the mechanics awards. There's one guy in ATL that it was fun to watch when he had a problem. It wouldn't take long for the cuss words and the throwing of parts, tools, and the droplight.
Always good in Memphis, LAS and RTO.