ODFL | O.D. Stay or go ?

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
Spring is coming,freight is picking up.If any trucking company is going to hire it will be in the next month or so.Are you staying with O.D. and wait to see what happens next or are you moving on and starting over ?

Personally, I will be staying, but I have been working also doing runs. I know freight as slowed some in the past few months, but I am fortunate to have been busy. I know OD is not perfect, but what company is. And I like working for them.

stayin here 8yrs and counting. maybe slow but running 1 of the longest p&d runs out of har still getting 50+ hrs a week. can"t leave now

I left OD ,but I think I have bettered my personal situation at FedEx Freight... I do think OD is a good company heading in the right direction.I am eligable for rehire,and would have no problem going back to them if need be......

I left OD ,but I think I have bettered my personal situation at FedEx Freight... I do think OD is a good company heading in the right direction.I am eligable for rehire,and would have no problem going back to them if need be......

That is the sad thing about O.D. Over the years they've have had bad ones just like other companys but they have lost a lot of really excellent people for one reason or another.O.D.'s pay and benefits are increasing every year and the equipment is steadily being updated.If a man could afford to stay there gain seniority,get his yearly raises,and build on his retirement it might be a good thing to do.But you have to wait all that out till it comes to you.

When I was at OD ,I thought the equipment was pretty good. I liked those Freightliners & really can't remember having trouble.(now trailers & jiffs,that's another story). For me it was a matter of health insurance, we had trouble finding Physicians that were in the program. Not to mention the 45min to an hour drive daily didn't treat me after working 13 -14 hrs. I worked out of Carlisle,PA, and really I don't think you could ask for a more Ideal setup for a linehaul driver. Fuel bays, truckwash,24hour shop,all good stuff!