Oak Harbor Teamster Offer to Return to Work!

I just hope the company see's that the Teamsters are just looking out for their interests here by extending this olive branch. Throughout this process they have only tried to help the Vanderpol's do the right thing. It's been a long road, but it's nice to see the trust the Union is putting in the company to reach a common goal of success for all. : )

Well almost all.... :bye1: replacement drivers hopefully you can slither on down the road to the next striking neighbors job. I am sure the returning strikers will be so happy to be next to their old line crossing buddies :chairshot: (we know, you did for your family, right...)..........

Retuning strikers should buy stock in Lysol, you never know, strike line crosserizm could be contagious..

I try to click on your link but it says access denied?
I had it on the screen then it went to the "access denied." Bet someone an ivory palace screwed up. Got a printed copy. If it doesn't come live later I'll post it.

But as I said four months, still in square one.

Ed, The wooden shoes have dry rot.

The posting is missing from the Teamsters homepage as well at least RRR printed it out Hey what was that media contact # on there maybe we could give them a call see what's going on. One would think that they would never post something till it was reviewed and re-reviewed.

Interesting Article

I can't post links apparently but there is an interesting article on the Seattle PI's website about the Teamsters ending the strike.

The Missing Thread.

Google "Oak Harbor Teamsters Offer Return Work." There is several hits.

Google "Oak Harbor Teamsters Offer Return Work." There is several hits.

It is interesting to see that they changed their wording from an ULP strike to a "Job action". More interestingly is that the IBT seems to treat you guys like your an afterthought. I had to search for it on their website, you were not front page or even back above the fold, you were lost somewhere inside. Realy leads me to believe they never really had your best interest and If I were represented by them, I would be pissed.

It wont be long now

Message to all (S word we can't say but crossed a picket line) Get ready... no jobs for you. Hope unemployement will supply all your needs. Also you might want to think about a new proffession, Once you become a (S word ) you will always be a (S word) and anyone that hires you will find out and you will be treated as the dirt beneath a pile of dog do do. If you manage to stay on at OHFL you can bet you will be asked to leave or you will be shunned like you should be. Here let me start with this:tongue0002: and because you could not join the guys on the picket line you have become:loser:'s So we will now prepare to watch all of you say :poster_oops: we are sorry for crossing the picket line. Or hopefully you will be caught totally off guard and then you will say:wtflol:happened? THE KIDD

It is interesting to see that they changed their wording from an ULP strike to a "Job action". More interestingly is that the IBT seems to treat you guys like your an afterthought. I had to search for it on their website, you were not front page or even back above the fold, you were lost somewhere inside. Realy leads me to believe they never really had your best interest and If I were represented by them, I would be pissed.
I guess the company man sees things we don't

This is great!

I bet the VPs think twice before they screw around with the union. This is great I love it! Like I have said this has nothing to do with Company vs Union. This has been a lesson from God, I hope the boys got the message. The Kidd

I honestly think it's news that they didn't want to put out yet. The link that was posted earlier now says that I'm Unauthorized.

I got on all the sites posted.

The link has been changed.

The union is in a tough spot, if they fail to take advantage of the NLRB settlement they risk losing the entire bargaining unit. This is in no way victory because no contract has been achieved, upon returning the unions leverage in negotiations is severely limited at this point, with trained replacement drivers on layoff any strike action would lack bite. With time I suppose the replacements would move on.

Possibly some bone head manager will slip at the tongue and give the union chances to file more ULP's.

On the upshot, the way I understand it, the replacement drives have no unemployment benefits available because they took the job as a replacement conditional upon the labor dispute.:smilie_132:

I guess you showed them, great timing for a strike. Hopefully you at least get to go back as nothing was being solved in the current conditions. Maybe time to start questioning the Union ??
Seems they risked the paycheck that feeds you and solved nothing. You can always keep working under the old rules until something is settled, now they show a weak hand.

The company wanted the Union gone, period. That is not going to happen. Either the members go back to work or that company will cease to exist. It is their choice at this point.