Oak Harbor Teamster Update

The thing is, if I don't like the working conditions or pay or benefits at my place of employment, guess what I'm going to do?! I'm going to go find somewhere else to work!! QUOTE]

Some people just don't get it:duh:
in my opinion, ohfl was a good place to work
good pay
good benefits
good people

Good pay- we made good money, can't find that in a lot of places
Good benefits- pension, sick leave, vacations, health care, retirement
Good people- Experienced office people knew how to help customers with problems, Experienced driver knew the customer like family, good dock workers knew the loads well ( before all this crossdock crap they were forced to do)

DO YOU SEE ANY OF THAT NOW?

I see it all. And the fact is, I will enjoy it all until you all are successful in your mission, whatever that or the outcome is. Heck I am already further ahead that anyone unemployed and that is a bunch.

I see it all. And the fact is, I will enjoy it all until you all are successful in your mission, whatever that or the outcome is. Heck I am already further ahead that anyone unemployed and that is a bunch.

Just keep on tripping. I only wish that we were allowed with our CDL's to use the same drugs. Most of us are very dedicated to driving and have kept our licenses clear.

I do not use drugs, thank you. You do not have a driver license as clear as mine and that is a fact. You spew more crap and this just shows it. You talk about things you know nothing about. Do something productive. Get a job and quit bothering people with your lack of knowlede.

I do not use drugs, thank you. You do not have a driver license as clear as mine and that is a fact. You spew more crap and this just shows it. You talk about things you know nothing about. Do something productive. Get a job and quit bothering people with your lack of knowlede.
Let Me Show you what you need to understand:tongue0002: If any one doesn't know what they are talking about it's YOU! Day tripper,Enjoy your 10% pay cut and once the VPs think they can get away with not paying the Picket line crossers, they will cut you down to about $17.00 per hour, you will pay $300.00 of your Medical and no 401K contributions. Thats what non union will do for you. Thats a whole lot of faith that you will put in the VPs. All Dave and Ed have to do is set down and say " Our OR is too low where shall we cut on the budget? We can cut wages and there isn't a damn thing they can do about it..." "SUCKERS!" Wait till you get a court summons to pay back all that money you earned.:duh: Then we will see that smug look wiped off your face.

With the intelligence of your postings, it sounds as if you probably can't get a job any where but joak harbor. Could it be that you possibly don't even have a cdl? Could it be you are one of the management members that don't do anything in the firsrt place, and are worrioed you have to try to find a job where you actually have to work?
It sonds os our lack of knowledge is more knowledge than what you have.
You must be on some real good **** if you think any of what you have posted in true. Either that you are not smart enough to think for yourself, and belive every thing you hear from the company. Either way we know that you obviously don't have a pair because you can't make a stand for what is right, and from your postings (and I am sure your reply to this will not be any different) ATLEAST on of the forementiond issues are true.
Instead of telling every one else to do something productive (as I have explained to you before that we ARE being productive) Shouldn't you be trying to figure out how to some of joak harbors freight back, instead of surfing the internet? Still slow insode the office huh?:nutkick:

With the intelligence of your postings, it sounds as if you probably can't get a job any where but joak harbor. Could it be that you possibly don't even have a cdl? Could it be you are one of the management members that don't do anything in the firsrt place, and are worrioed you have to try to find a job where you actually have to work?
It sonds os our lack of knowledge is more knowledge than what you have.
You must be on some real good **** if you think any of what you have posted in true. Either that you are not smart enough to think for yourself, and belive every thing you hear from the company. Either way we know that you obviously don't have a pair because you can't make a stand for what is right, and from your postings (and I am sure your reply to this will not be any different) ATLEAST on of the forementiond issues are true.
Instead of telling every one else to do something productive (as I have explained to you before that we ARE being productive) Shouldn't you be trying to figure out how to some of joak harbors freight back, instead of surfing the internet? Still slow insode the office huh?:nutkick:

Good Lord, I can't even read this. Can someone interpret this for me?

Good Lord, I can't even read this. Can someone interpret this for me?

It says you don't appear to be very intelligent (Mgmt material) and instead of sitting around posting information you have made up (Mgmt material ) you should get out of your comfortable chair and go try to get back a customer or two instead of sitting on your a$$ wasting what little is left of the companies money (Mgmt Material).
Also if you have that much free time you should think about putting together a resume because unlike most of us you probably have no marketable skills (Again Mgmt Material). Ask yourself who would want a former Oak Harbor management person on their payroll? they do nothing, they got to where they are now not because of their high level of skills most had to:butt kiss: alot. It got them what they wanted and a lifestyle they thought they could afford and now the end is near, time to wake up and face reality...:biglaugh:

It says you don't appear to be very intelligent (Mgmt material) and instead of sitting around posting information you have made up (Mgmt material ) you should get out of your comfortable chair and go try to get back a customer or two instead of sitting on your a$$ wasting what little is left of the companies money (Mgmt Material).
Also if you have that much free time you should think about putting together a resume because unlike most of us you probably have no marketable skills (Again Mgmt Material). Ask yourself who would want a former Oak Harbor management person on their payroll? they do nothing, they got to where they are now not because of their high level of skills most had to:butt kiss: alot. It got them what they wanted and a lifestyle they thought they could afford and now the end is near, time to wake up and face reality...:biglaugh:

See that wasn't so hard was it?:biglaugh:

Just goes to show you about the high quality employees of joak harbor huh? Don't forget it's "their best team ever". Of course theis type of management has been a pleuge of the company for quite some time. Upper management has always ran off the ones that were worth a damn.

Amen to that. I have never seen such a up Management Team. I used the words Management and Team a bit loosely here.

Yes why don't you do that 'time to wake up and face reality'...: . You don't sound very intelligent either.

Yes why don't you do that 'time to wake up and face reality'...: . You don't sound very intelligent either.
Reality is Major that the only people Oak Harbor has that might be able to save the company and perhaps your job are standing strong outside the fence. It's time for dialog with the mediator. Go tell your masters. Pup!

I faced reality Sept 22 2008 along side my brothers and sisters.
What I now see as reality is that this is now a carcass of a company with very little life left in it. All you have to do to see for yourself is open your eyes, look in the employee parking lot, very few cars in a area that at one time you had trouble finding a parking spot. Look in the yard and other off site storage areas (GCR Tire 20 empties) and see all the equipment not being used, forklifts sitting in trailers that were once a item not available to all dock employees.
The VanderFools wanted this fight, and it is my pleasure giving it to them.

"All it takes for evil to prosper is for good men (or women) to do nothing"

The other day we were at United Warehouse, Vancouver. Joak Harbor has been able to get 1 out of 4 accts back. Dispatch and Sales were there. Someone called the cops about us picketing. One of the cops who showed up was Wayne D. (who pasted away) a long time Oak Harbor employee's son-in-law. We had a great time with the Vancouver police department. They told us to stand strong and do not give up the fight.

I'm sorry, but you will never convince me that it is somebody else's job to take care of me or look out for my interests. I know that nobody on this Earth but me is responsible for my failures and successes. The thing is, if I don't like the working conditions or pay or benefits at my place of employment, guess what I'm going to do?! I'm going to go find somewhere else to work!! If it is that bad at Oak Harbor, then they won't be able to keep a skilled workforce and that will negatively affect their business. If I don't like what's going on, I'm not going to lie and slander a company in an attempt to get them to bend to my will, that's just jevenile bullying. I guess we'll see where it gets you, but honestly, I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror every day. Don't worry, I know you'll never actually admit that what you're doing is wrong, but we all know it is.

Join the real world dude.

A relatively small private freight company like Oak Harbor can't compete with an argumentative, rigid union workforce. They are taking a lesson from Conway, the best managed LTL in the industry. By the way, my family had 15 years with Conway and they provide there all non-union workforce with high wages and fanastic, low cost family health, dental, orthodontist benefits, a good retirement program which until recently included a private pension plan, along with a matched 401K. 100% company paid life insurance, disablity short and long term etc etc. Go Oak Harbor! They are in a fight for their survival!

westdriver I agree with your statement of truth
"sorry , you guys are done, just face it,ohfl will be here long after the teamsters are gone from ohfl"