Oak Harbor Teamster Update

Yeah, you guys might want to talk to your BA and find out that NLRB has settled all the outstanding charges against OHFL. Now it's OHFL's turn to file ULP charges against the Teamsters and there will probably be a class action lawsuit against IBT in the near future.

There are only 3 days left in January and I don't think OHFL is going to be shutting down anytime soon. Unless Shifter meant some other January in the future.

sorry , you guys are done, just face it,ohfl will be here long after the teamsters are gone

Yeah right, keep on dreaming. Thats why their freight levels are about 30%, and they are laying off. ok, so you know all (more like have been brainwashed by greedy self centered brothers).

Yeah, you guys might want to talk to your BA and find out that NLRB has settled all the outstanding charges against OHFL. Now it's OHFL's turn to file ULP charges against the Teamsters and there will probably be a class action lawsuit against IBT in the near future.

There are only 3 days left in January and I don't think OHFL is going to be shutting down anytime soon. Unless Shifter meant some other January in the future.

That is not what the NLRB told me yesterday.

Hmm, let me see. Why are you on strike? Is it the wage increase each year of the contract when the industry has pretty much taken a 10% reduction across the board, or the 1000.00 signing bonus, or the pension remaining the same. Oh thats right, it is unfair labor, only filed from Auburn terminal. Gee whiz, 4 guys not allowed to attend a Sunday Union meeting during their shift they chose to work. Come on guys, why are we really out here. Because there was a strike vote and it was put into the hands of the mighty Teamsters. Well here you go. It has been served up on a silver platter. Quit whining, put your home for sale or on the foreclosure market, buckup and admit you screwed up. Remember when you point a finger you have 3 pointing back at you. After you have exhausted all opportunities to blame someone else, try holding yourself accountable. Have a good day.
maybe it is the lack of all of the above

with scum like ed and dave and this mike that keeps spewing this crap about trying to negotiate fairly, the union has a valid reason to complain. these guys have destroyed my family and our future, but I will still pray for them because unlike them I am a true Christian and they actually need prayers because we all know where their souls are heading.:flame:it does not have pearly gates thats for sure

Is it:Flame-On: a real hot place ?

I'm sorry, but you will never convince me that it is somebody else's job to take care of me or look out for my interests. I know that nobody on this Earth but me is responsible for my failures and successes. The thing is, if I don't like the working conditions or pay or benefits at my place of employment, guess what I'm going to do?! I'm going to go find somewhere else to work!! If it is that bad at Oak Harbor, then they won't be able to keep a skilled workforce and that will negatively affect their business. If I don't like what's going on, I'm not going to lie and slander a company in an attempt to get them to bend to my will, that's just jevenile bullying. I guess we'll see where it gets you, but honestly, I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror every day. Don't worry, I know you'll never actually admit that what you're doing is wrong, but we all know it is.

Sounds like this dude is too young to have been kicked in the a** yet by these companys. Oh i forgot the boss man treats me like family. He has a hot dog roast every summer and gives all the wives a flower and the kids all the pop corn they want.And also the boss man said we will only have to pay 60% of our health insurance this year, what a guy.

Sounds like this dude is too young to have been kicked in the a** yet by these companys. Oh i forgot the boss man treats me like family. He has a hot dog roast every summer and gives all the wives a flower and the kids all the pop corn they want.And also the boss man said we will only have to pay 60% of our health insurance this year, what a guy.

You know where the door is if you do not like working at OHFI... no one is holding yuo hostage.

there's alot of self respect in food stamps, unemployment benefits
very few of your brothers had enough money stashed away to go this long
most people live week to week

there's alot of self respect in food stamps, unemployment benefits
very few of your brothers had enough money stashed away to go this long
most people live week to week

Most are doing fine, at any rate they can still look at themselves in the mirror and have some self respect, as well as knowing they are doing the right thing, by fighting for what is right.
Unlike the spineless that have crossed. If this is ever seetled, no one says that we have to speak with the traitors.

Most are doing fine, at any rate they can still look at themselves in the mirror and have some self respect, as well as knowing they are doing the right thing, by fighting for what is right.
Unlike the spineless that have crossed. If this is ever seetled, no one says that we have to speak with the traitors.

Don't you understand that your concept of "right" is a relative one, and not absolute? What one person feels is right in this situation is not necessarily what is right for another. I have respect for those on each side who picked their side and are conducting themselves in a respectable manner. The ones who should have trouble looking themselves in the mirror are those who are so unsure of their position that they feel they need to bully or intimidate those on the other side of the fence. That goes for both! I don't care if you're on the side that's holding signs or on the side that is crossing the line every day, if you truly believe that what you are doing is right you will feel no need to treat anyone else disrespectfully because they disagree with you. In fact, the actions of those few, shall we say, outspoken members discounts the validity of the side which they are representing.

I'm a 80 yr old messenger that had an envelope to del'v to the trucking office today.I'm not doing any thing wrong. I sat there for thirty seconds while they blocked me and another guy. the guy going out got called ****** by one of the upstanding teamsters. I got called an old cracker.
good luck, cause I'm telling everyone I know about how fine a bunch of guys you are !

At one time, they probably were a fine bunch of guys, then they drank the Kool Aid. This is what the Union wants, mindless sheep, marching in a circle. Why, because some guy in black jacket says to. That's ok. Hold your head high. You're standing up for what you believe in. How dare the company ask you to pay 2% for your medical. Who do they think they are? You'll show them.

At one time, they probably were a fine bunch of guys, then they drank the Kool Aid. This is what the Union wants, mindless sheep, marching in a circle. Why, because some guy in black jacket says to. That's ok. Hold your head high. You're standing up for what you believe in. How dare the company ask you to pay 2% for your medical. Who do they think they are? You'll show them.

Just another person popping off as if they knew what they were talking about. This uninformed advice sure does get old. Here is an idea do some research, and find out what this strike is about before you discredit yourself any further.