Oak Harbor Teamster Update

Just another person popping off as if they knew what they were talking about. This uninformed advice sure does get old. Here is an idea do some research, and find out what this strike is about before you discredit yourself any further.

I agree, this strike is over alot of things. Ed & Dave thought they could just threaten people and they would follow like :sheep:. The guys out on the line know why they are there. The rest are just trying to :stirthepot:. I am not sure if they think they know more than us or if they are posting out of fear because they see what the company has become.

At one time, they probably were a fine bunch of guys, then they drank the Kool Aid. This is what the Union wants, mindless sheep, marching in a circle. Why, because some guy in black jacket says to. That's ok. Hold your head high. You're standing up for what you believe in. How dare the company ask you to pay 2% for your medical. Who do they think they are? You'll show them.

Go back under the desk !

I'm a 80 yr old messenger that had an envelope to del'v to the trucking office today.I'm not doing any thing wrong. I sat there for thirty seconds while they blocked me and another guy. the guy going out got called ****** by one of the upstanding teamsters. I got called an old cracker.
good luck, cause I'm telling everyone I know about how fine a bunch of guys you are !

It is very unfortunate that you were called that. However, whether you are union or not you do have a choice not to cross the picket line. In Auburn I seen a delivery for water the guys stopped and talked to the strikers and he turned it around only to return a few minutes later after speaking to his boss and was told he had to make the delivery. Everyone on the line respected that he tried to avoid crossing but also accepted he had to without any calling of names.

ULP Update:

ulpupdate.jpg

mrbg, I was in the union when it meant something, like you wouldnt dare cross my line
you and your phoney strike means nothing
what happened to the union ?

mrbg, I was in the union when it meant something, like you wouldnt dare cross my line
you and your phoney strike means nothing
what happened to the union ?

First of all NO I WOULD NOT cross your picket line, or any other picket line for that matter. There is nothing phoney about this strike. Sorry you obviously have taken offence to the term traitor or something else I have posted. Sorry if facts damage your ego so much that you seem to think that attacking me saying that I would cross a picket line would justify your misguided actions. You obviously do not have the moral fiber it takes, as my brothers, and sisiters that are on the line as I am.
No sob story about paying bills, and feeding your family needed. We all have bills, and families to feed. We just chose another way to do it. Like get a job where you cross a picket line! Are things easy no, but we still have our self respect, and are doing fine.

I was in the union when it meant something, what happened to the union ?

It still does mean something! You ask what has happened to the union, well the union is only as strong as its members and the members are what make the union. From where my view is I am damn proud to be a member and stand behind my brothers and sisters that are standing up for themselves.:thumbsup: This is every union members fight, an injury to one, is an injury to all. Large companies need to know that they will not be able to get away with engaging in unfair labor treatment (per NLRB laws) of their employees.:nutkick:
So I ask you this westdriver why doesn't the union mean something to you anymore? I also remember the days that strikes are not like they are now but the union values of not crossing the picket line still stand in this day and age.

Since the strike is now officially a ULP action does that make you all eligible for UE benefits? Doesn't this mean all the replacements are done for? The forced reinstatement is a beautiful thing, congrats brothers!

Oh, I'm sure the state will still try and wiggle out of their unemployment obligations, regardless of the ULP status...

I've got about as much faith in bureaucrats doing the right thing as I do in Dave and Ed doing the right thing...

It still does mean something! You ask what has happened to the union, well the union is only as strong as its members and the members are what make the union. From where my view is I am damn proud to be a member and stand behind my brothers and sisters that are standing up for themselves.:thumbsup: This is every union members fight, an injury to one, is an injury to all. Large companies need to know that they will not be able to get away with engaging in unfair labor treatment (per NLRB laws) of their employees.:nutkick:
So I ask you this westdriver why doesn't the union mean something to you anymore? I also remember the days that strikes are not like they are now but the union values of not crossing the picket line still stand in this day and age.
Sister you said it all. United we stand divided we fall. I hope to stay union for the rest of my days.

sorry , you guys are done, just face it,ohfl will be here long after the teamsters are gone

Sorry this took too long to reply, I had to empty my barf bucket! It is a shame that you have that opinion because that is the another reason I am here fighting for my rights. Does everyone understand? The vp's meant for this to happen, they counted on us to strike, they knew it would come to this. They DO NOT CARE what happens to "their valued employees" if they did this would never have happened. They are hypocrites, period. I actually hope we can come back to work and try to salvage what we can. You must be on of the vp's to make that kind of statement because they are the only one's that would have that kind of mentality, infantile! stupidity! to think they could weed out the teamsters. If the teamsters lose than I hope the company fails as well. Since they do not care for me I do not care for them. Sory not very Christian I know.

through the years I've been through to many of these things
I'm not an oak harbor employee,

i do however know a little about the strike
oak harbor doesn't want you back, they want the union gone , have for years
SUCK IT UP AND GO BACK TO WORK NOW!!!!!!!
thats what oak harbor doesnt want
dare I say 'trust me'

through the years I've been through to many of these things
I'm not an oak harbor employee,

i do however know a little about the strike
oak harbor doesn't want you back, they want the union gone , have for years
SUCK IT UP AND GO BACK TO WORK NOW!!!!!!!
thats what oak harbor doesnt want
dare I say 'trust me'
Then if you are not a OHFL worker your statement above looks really foolish! If a teamster crosses a picket line now.... They get to go to the bottom of the seniority list. Lets see now OHFL is laying off drivers so how much work do you really think they would get? AND they get to become a (word we cant say that starts with an S). So I think you do work for the company. There is 2 choices You stand on the picket line and win OR you take the company down since your going down anyway. Thats the choices you got. So how this for you:tongue0002:

Then if you are not a OHFL worker your statement above looks really foolish! If a teamster crosses a picket line now.... They get to go to the bottom of the seniority list. Lets see now OHFL is laying off drivers so how much work do you really think they would get? AND they get to become a (word we cant say that starts with an S). So I think you do work for the company. There is 2 choices You stand on the picket line and win OR you take the company down since your going down anyway. Thats the choices you got. So how this for you:tongue0002:

I am pretty sure now that the NLRB has ruled this a ULP action affirming the reinstatement, the members who return will be made whole as far as seniority, IE every striker that wanted to return would be above any replacement driver, unfortunately any line crosser would maintain his former seniority. With current business levels all replacements and probably most line crossers would most likely be pushed out the door.

First the union is going to see if there is anything else they can leverage out of this situation and hopefully secure a contract that everyone can live with.

From what I can tell its somewhat of a Grey area, but I can find examples in several states of striking union members becoming eligible for state unemployment benefits in the case of a ULP strike. Since the board has ruled, I am sure the union is researching this and will inform strikers of their options in a timely fashion.

And you actually want to come back and work for them??? Well at least you've got your standards.

boy are you stupid. I used to love my job. because the vp's have taken this kind of action towards us (which is a personal attack on my family), I could care less what happens IF we do not go back as Teamsters. If they realize their stupidity before it's to late I would like to return to, as Teamsters only, and try to salvage the business in order to at least have an opportunity for the decent future we once had. If no Teamsters who cares anymore?

What do we do, rule on it until it gets to a Union person so it goes their way? Get over it. And remember, the Union does not control all, they only suck people into believeing that crap. And Familyman, our customers do not want people who are puppets. To unreliable. You made your bed, sleep in it.

Hey 8ball why didn't you mention the other cases such as
19-CA-31538-001 Pending Disposition. It is funny how things seem to be left out such as that.