Oakh teamsters take to the airwaves

truckchick1

TB Veteran
Credits
National Radio Condemn Gap, Inc, Unethical Behavior.

The teamsters are broadcasting on 620am Air America condemning the gap for continued relations with OAKH who participate in unfair labor laws.

Found this on Transport Topics Online and the Wallstreet Journal online.

Now, that's funny right there. I don't care who you are!!

They say politics make strange bedfellows...perhaps strikes do too. The teamsters and Air America, who knew?

This will come out in Transport World Magazine:
Smaller carriers such as Oak Harbor Freight Lines are watching shipments decline as well. The Auburn, Wash.-based carrier is struggling to maintain network density while dealing with a driver strike at several terminals.

"Instead of shipping two or three times a week, we're seeing people ship once a week," said David Vander Pol, Oak Harbor's co-president. "We see people going back to the old system of pool car distribution. We see customers that traditionally shipped LTL looking at truckload."

So even the economy is helping in you strike efforts.

STAY STRONG BROTHERS & SISTERS!!!!!!!!

Air America. Doesn't that say it all?
I needed a good laugh after the day that I just put in. These hours are killing me. You people need to get back to work so I can get a break.

Now, that's funny right there. I don't care who you are!!

They say politics make strange bedfellows...perhaps strikes do too. The teamsters and Air America, who knew?

Oh come on! Everybody knows the Democrats and the Teamsters are best buddies. If you go to the 763 website it says right there "Vote Obama/Biden 2008", not to mention all of the mail I've gotten from the union telling me to vote for Obama and Gregiore.

Air America. Doesn't that say it all?
I needed a good laugh after the day that I just put in. These hours are killing me. You people need to get back to work so I can get a break.

Well we aren't getting back to work, we're busy.
Since you seem to be such a sweet heart we may
be able to help you with a break, in fact how about a long
vacation courtesy of the Teamsters. The neat thing
about your vacation is that you decide when, where
and if you'll want to go back to work or just sit around
and collect unemployment.
And yes you can collect unempolyment when the employer closes the business.

Joke Harbor is suffering major damage:smilie_132:

We do not want the company to go out of business. We want to go back to work, but we need a fair contract that hard working teamsters can work with. What the company has offered is worse working conditions than the nonunion companies have. One of our guys found out the grass wasn't greener at the NEW oak harbor, and after crosing he has come back to the light on the right side. We know he made a mistake but we welcome him back. I hope more of you people who crossed because of fear see the light. When the company negotiates a contract where will you be.

Oh come on! Everybody knows the Democrats and the Teamsters are best buddies. If you go to the 763 website it says right there "Vote Obama/Biden 2008", not to mention all of the mail I've gotten from the union telling me to vote for Obama and Gregiore.

Now I was aware of the Teamster Democrat connection. I was not aware that the Teamsters would really think that someone actually listens to Air America.

Besides, Teamsters along with other unions want Hussein because he wants to re-run the Employee Free-choice Act. You know, the union magic bullet that will cure the obvious ills that unions are facing.

Well we aren't getting back to work, we're busy.
Since you seem to be such a sweet heart we may
be able to help you with a break, in fact how about a long
vacation courtesy of the Teamsters. The neat thing
about your vacation is that you decide when, where
and if you'll want to go back to work or just sit around
and collect unemployment.
And yes you can collect unempolyment when the employer closes the business.

Joke Harbor is suffering major damage:smilie_132:

I'm the world's best truck driver...and the best looking too.
Are you suggesting that I (of all people) would be out of work? If that happens, it would be the first time that I experienced that in my life.
Personally, I have serious doubts that OHFL will close the business.

I'm the world's best truck driver...and the best looking too.
Are you suggesting that I (of all people) would be out of work? If that happens, it would be the first time that I experienced that in my life.
Personally, I have serious doubts that OHFL will close the business.

Ryerke it's good to have positive self esteem ,it's an excellent coping tool to help you deal with your insecurities .Especially with such an uncertain future here at Oak Harbor. Hopefully you will be able to deal with the strange and sensitive feelings that seem to have you so confused about you true identity.It's OK ,let it out. You are with friends .