Obama’s Campaign Paid $972,000 To Law Firm That Secretly Paid Fusion GPS In 2016

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rastus, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Former president Barack Obama’s official campaign organization has directed nearly a million dollars to the same law firm that funneled money to Fusion GPS, the firm behind the infamous Steele dossier. Since April of 2016, Obama For America (OFA) has paid over $972,000 to Perkins Coie, records filed with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) show.
    http://thefederalist.com/2017/10/29/obamas-campaign-gave-972000-law-firm-funneled-money-fusion-gps/

Collusion or just picking on the black guy again?

Keepingon, buffalobill and jimmy g like this.
  2. Rastus

The Russia crap is backfiring. Now Obama paid the Russians for propoganda.

buffalobill and jimmy g like this.
  3. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

Umm.......Google "Washington Free Beacon",......the conservative website funded by Paul Singer,....the heavy-hitting hedge fund Republican billionaire,........who originally hired Fusion GPS in 2015 to do opposition research for both Marco Rubio and Jeb Bush,...and eventually became an "Anyone But Trump" investigative operation.........

The Republicans......AND .....Democrats have,...for years,...funded "opposition" research on each other. "Propaganda"?

4. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

While the firm the Clinton campaign hired to compile information on Trump is American-based, Steele is not. The former MI6 agent is a British citizen — A.K.A., a foreigner,which is against Federal campaign laws..

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    jimmy g likes this.
  5. canaryinthemine

You are right,.....colluding with foreign nationals to influence an election is a violation of the FARA Act ....a felony.

Clinton's campaign hired FusionGPS after the Washington Free Beacon stopped paying them for opposition research on Mr. Trump.

The campaign did not personally hire Mr. Steele. He was a free-lance contractor. Yes, he is a British citizen, and a former MI6 dark ops investigator.

There is a question as to whether Mr. Steele was contracted to FusionGPS while the Republican Party, through the Washington Free Beacon, and conservative billionaire Paul Singer was funding them to do "Anybody But Trump" research during the primary.

I'll betcha they will proceed.....very carefully.....on this issue.

I mean the actual lawyers and legal people who can file charges,......not the conservative media......They can bloviate any type of fantastic scenario they can concoct. Yeah,....I caught Limbaugh today........".Frantic" level real high.........

6. a9faninnc

The Brits "dossier" did not surface until after the Primarys..

jimmy g likes this.
  7. canaryinthemine

The...."dossier"......was made public during the primary. After the Primary, BuzzFeed published the contents on the internet on January 10, 2017.

In an article in Mother Jones magazine published October 2016,........the magazine cited the dossier, and claimed the Russian government was ...."cultivating".....Mr. Trump for five years. Several other publications were aware of the dossier.

Of course , that's all....speculation......But the dossier was circulated during the Primary. Some sources say it was available as far back as 2015.

That is speculation, also......

No one took the dossier seriously until Mr. Trump won the election. Is it true? Usually when "opposition" research is done by any political party,....they try to avoid slander laws...........sometimes by just a razor-thin margin.......

8. Rastus

There isn't a shread of evidence against President Trump in all this horsecrap.

9. canaryinthemine

We'll see......I'm patient.........

10. Rastus

You better be.

11. canaryinthemine

12. a9faninnc

13. canaryinthemine

Opinion,.....as it says in the tagline.

It's up to the Justice Department to determine if the laws of the United States were broken. Jefferson Davis Sessions swore an oath to uphold the Constitution and laws of the United States,.........not persecute people with groundless rumors because it's politically expedient.

If Mr. Sessions feels there is enough proof to open an investigation, he will. And,...even though I don't agree with many of his political opinions,....I think Mr. Sessions has enough respect for the law to know it's a felony to make false charges against citizens of our country.

We'll just have to wait and see..........Conservative media bloviating notwithstanding.........

14. Rastus

Too bad Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch didn't have any respect for the law or Hillary would be in jail right now and we wouldn't be bothered with any of this crap in the first place.