SAIA | Od driver thinking of switching

ummm...easy turbo. I would, for the most part, agree. However, saia, like everyone else isn't infallible. Team atmosphere? Maybe where you are, but not where I was stationed. Toot the Saia horn all you want, but keep the "big picture" in mind.

I hate to intrude on Saia's board but I have to correct the BS being spewed by this troll (and I'm not quite sure why He's even here).....The president of the local has been telling him this crap for nine months now in order to keep his hopes up and he's still believing it...although he was also told he'd have a contract by April 2015. Not sure what his or the local pres's definition of "soon" is but for me 9 months is quite a stretch!

The FACT is everything is currently tied up in the Federal Courts and no date has been put onto the docket for the Appeals Court to even hear our case.

Back to my appropriate forum, thx
R. Racer

I hate to intrude on Saia's board but I have to correct the BS being spewed by this troll (and I'm not quite sure why He's even here).....The president of the local has been telling him this crap for nine months now in order to keep his hopes up and he's still believing it...although he was also told he'd have a contract by April 2015. Not sure what his or the local pres's definition of "soon" is but for me 9 months is quite a stretch!

The FACT is everything is currently tied up in the Federal Courts and no date has been put onto the docket for the Appeals Court to even hear our case.

Back to my appropriate forum, thx
R. Racer

And the ruling from the courts will be in before the end of the year. Now, on to your forum. You are the troll considering you've never worked for either company being vetted in this thread.

WOW!!! Don't want no part of that. Looks like FT has bit off a bit more than he can chew. From Red and FedEx. Makes me think of a post I just read about what Lt. George A. Custer might have said. "Holy crap, I wish I would have thought a little more about this." Makes me appreciate the fact that in the history of this company we have never had the need for a third party. Union Free and proud of it.

Last edited:
WOW!!! Don't want no part of that. Looks like FT has bit off a bit more than he can chew. From Red and FedEx. Makes me think of a post I just read about what Lt. George A. Custer might have said. "Holy crap, I wish I would have thought a little more about this." Makes me appreciate the fact that in the history of this company we have never had the need for a third party. Union Free and proud of it.

Where do you get that from? Red Rocket has never once set foot in the union hall. His information is all hear say or he makes it up.

Where do you get that from? Red Rocket has never once set foot in the union hall. His information is all hear say or he makes it up.
We are happy here and have no problems with our company that can't be solved internally. All companies have some problems. We just don't believe the Teamsters can solve them. If you have a problem with me FT please send me a PM and we can resolve it like grown men.

Last edited:
We are happy here and have no problems with our company that can't be solved internally. All companies have some problems. We just don't believe the Teamsters can solve them. If you have a problem with me FT please send me a PM and we can resolve it like grown men. Please keep our forum free of Teamsters propaganda.

Understood. I came over here and posted in a forum I could offer something to the original poster. From the start I was attacked. Once by you yourself when you misunderstood my post. No need to apologize, by the way, we all make mistakes. If you want to see where your thread went astray, look elsewhere besides me.

My last post on the subject RAT is this: When I'm aaked a question, and give a straight forward simple answer, you see Red is the problem with his interjection. A personal attack at that.

Understood. I came over here and posted in a forum I could offer something to the original poster. From the start I was attacked. Once by you yourself when you misunderstood my post. No need to apologize, by the way, we all make mistakes. If you want to see where your thread went astray, look elsewhere besides me.
You are right I am partly to blame. I did misunderstand and for that I'm sorry.

You are right I am partly to blame. I did misunderstand and for that I'm sorry.

Thank you but unnecessary. I'd feel better if you had called Red out for his viscous personal attack in this thread versus partaking in the attack with your follow up response. Then you have the nerve to question if I have a problem with you.

We are happy here and have no problems with our company that can't be solved internally. All companies have some problems. We just don't believe the Teamsters can solve them. If you have a problem with me FT please send me a PM and we can resolve it like grown men.

Please show me where I brought the Union into this thread. I only responded to post about the Teamsters directed to me, both good and bad.

Please show me where I brought the Union into this thread. I only responded to post about the Teamsters directed to me, both good and bad.
I can only say I am very defensive when it comes to my company. Sometimes I just jump to conclusions. I view the Teamsters as a threat to Saia. You look at them as an asset to FedEx. We just differ. Let's just agree to disagree and move on.

I can only say I am very defensive when it comes to my company. Sometimes I just jump to conclusions. I view the Teamsters as a threat to Saia. You look at them as an asset to FedEx. We just differ. Let's just agree to disagree and move on.

Why are you telling me? Remember, I didn't introduce the subject to this thread. Perhaps you have a personal vendetta against me?

Why are you telling me? Remember, I didn't introduce the subject to this thread. Perhaps you have a personal vendetta against me?
Not at all. As a former moderator on this site I can tell you each thread has a life of its own. They can hardly ever stay on topic. Just as this one has lost its way with our postings. We have hijacked it long enough. Good luck in your endeavors to unionize.

Sorry to jump in and hijack the union discussion but I have a question for anyone that may be able to shed some light. I had an interview and now I'm.playing the waiting game. My question is can anyone give me an idea of how long it takes to be contacted to come in for a road test after your interview provided Saia decides to move forward with the hiring process? Thanks!

Sorry to jump in and hijack the union discussion but I have a question for anyone that may be able to shed some light. I had an interview and now I'm.playing the waiting game. My question is can anyone give me an idea of how long it takes to be contacted to come in for a road test after your interview provided Saia decides to move forward with the hiring process? Thanks!
I left my crystal ball at the truck stop. It's anybody's guess. Depends on a ton of factors. Could be today, or never.

I would call the terminal manager every couple of days and see if he's heard anything from HR about your application. It was less than 5 days from the time I interviewed until I was offered a job.

Depends on how lazy the terminal manager is. Some of the ones I've seen here I sit back and wonder how they ever made it to where they are. Won't answer the phone, can't get them to do anything for you, all lip service and no action, etc. Hopefully that's not the case with your local TM, but it's all too common in the Saia system.