ODFL | OD drivers love to text and drive

BillyLo

Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion
Credits
What are you idiots still doing with the phone right in plain sight texting while driving our trucks down the freeway? Are you trying to get into a huge wreck to screw all of us over? I'm all for looking out for each other and not snitching, but I can't keep my mouth shut any more to some of you reckless school grads. I'm calling safety and reporting these incidents with truck numbers.

I feel confident to say, 1 out of 2 OD trucks are texting while driving or distracted with their phone one way or another. Each time I have my day off during the middle of the week and see our trucks while in my pickup, I see their true behavior and it's not representing us in a good way. Bring on the drive cams!

The biggest offenders of phones I see are P&D drivers. I see more with phones to their ears then texting. Most of us are aware the Blue Parrot headsets are pretty reliable and can be used with touch of the button on the side to easily make hands free calls and even tell it read text messages and send a text message. Please, invest in one, be safe and represent us well on the road.

The biggest offenders of phones I see are P&D drivers. I see more with phones to their ears then texting. Most of us are aware the Blue Parrot headsets are pretty reliable and can be used with touch of the button on the side to easily make hands free calls and even tell it read text messages and send a text message. Please, invest in one, be safe and represent us well on the road.
Umm!!! Thought it was against OD Policy to talk or use even with headphone set.:27:

Let's be real and honest it is pretty difficult somedays to get completely through the day without needong to receive or make at least a call. Regardless of what they may put in writing they are fully aware in okay with headset usage as we and they all are drivers coming in and out of dispatch all day long with their headsets around their neck. That is fully in compliance with the law and having a policy to discourage any usage helps them in case of any incidents. Just taking a shot in the dark here I would have to think that a city driver that didn't use a headset and stopped every time they needed to talk to dispatch or talk to a customer to find them would add an hour to their day. I think the moral of the story and intent of the original post was just ....don't be stupid.

Let's be real and honest it is pretty difficult somedays to get completely through the day without needong to receive or make at least a call. Regardless of what they may put in writing they are fully aware in okay with headset usage as we and they all are drivers coming in and out of dispatch all day long with their headsets around their neck. That is fully in compliance with the law and having a policy to discourage any usage helps them in case of any incidents. Just taking a shot in the dark here I would have to think that a city driver that didn't use a headset and stopped every time they needed to talk to dispatch or talk to a customer to find them would add an hour to their day. I think the moral of the story and intent of the original post was just ....don't be stupid.
The rule is the rule.I guarantee if you every in a Accident and you was on your phone or the cause of Accident you will be looking for another job.OD look's out for themselves .Not the driver.Like that everywhere.

I'm on the clock and have all day long

Umm!!! Thought it was against OD Policy to talk or use even with headphone set.:27:

It sure is, just saw the policy again and it hasn't changed at all but yet I see drivers all over with their large micboom headsets babbling away as they pull into the yard.

What amazes me even more how many city drivers stay on the phone while dealing with our customers! They try to talk to their friends while we're suppose to be giving 2.0 to the customers. You don't see UPS or FedEx dropping stuff off at your place on the phone, but I guess I'm expecting too much from our CDL school flunkie drivers.

Your vehicle is moving app. 90 feet per second,@60mph... so in roughly 5 seconds that your eyes are on your text, your just traveled a city block....

Tell that to any OD driver while they're texting while driving a set and they'll tell you they're a professional driver and nothing could go wrong. Some of the idiots we put behind the wheel here are going to land drive cams in all the trucks regardless what the Congdons have said about them the past few years.

Have u ever worked in the city???
They use the phone alot because they have to like calling the customer or dispatch unless u absolutely know what going on dont just jump to conclusions

The rule is the rule.I guarantee if you every in a Accident and you was on your phone or the cause of Accident you will be looking for another job.OD look's out for themselves .Not the driver.Like that everywhere.
Thats a lie.. we had a guy rear end a guy and told od that he was they fired him a week later he was back to work all because he knew someone at corporate... then almost a year after he reared and od city truck on his way home from work and lost his life i blame od for that. It was a wake up call for him but im glad he was in the big truck or od would've been named something else

Have u ever worked in the city???
They use the phone alot because they have to like calling the customer or dispatch unless u absolutely know what going on dont just jump to conclusions

You can still use a Bluetooth. I don't recommend wearing a silly looking blue parrot in the city but there are other options.

Thats a lie.. we had a guy rear end a guy and told od that he was they fired him a week later he was back to work all because he knew someone at corporate... then almost a year after he reared and od city truck on his way home from work and lost his life i blame od for that. It was a wake up call for him but im glad he was in the big truck or od would've been named something else
He was let go.Can't help he knew someone.Again most will be looking for a job.

Also,Has noted on other topic.You really need to watch how you post.You posted that I am a lier.No sir I am not.You really need to read the posting rules.

What we, as a society, need to recognize is that it's an addiction and treat it accordingly. People are addicted to their phones. The constant access to people and information right there in your hand.

Have you seen how people react when put in a situation where their phone goes off and they are told not to check it? They've done studies on it. People get anxious. They want to know what's going on. The longer they're deprived, the worse it gets. Throw in repeated notifications and it starts making them upset.

Leaving the yard tonight a bearded OD driver pulling a set had his phone in his face plain view texting away less than 2 miles from the barn. Yet I'm a bad guy if drop this bearded fellow's name. He only makes close to 28/hr, why should he have to drive safely?