ODFL | OD drivers love to text and drive

What we, as a society, need to recognize is that it's an addiction and treat it accordingly. People are addicted to their phones. The constant access to people and information right there in your hand.

Have you seen how people react when put in a situation where their phone goes off and they are told not to check it? They've done studies on it. People get anxious. They want to know what's going on. The longer they're deprived, the worse it gets. Throw in repeated notifications and it starts making them upset.

Very true, CF. The wife and I were Holiday shopping last Christmas at the mall (we live in America, so you have to go THROUGH the mall to get to the outside world..LOL!), she went into a store for about 30 minutes while I sat on a bench near the center of the mall. I did a little 'case study' of my own just observing how many people had their faces buried in their phones. It astounded me! Close to 75% were either talking, texting, or...maybe...looking at online p*on. Demographics were not an issue either...all ages and genders were guilty. Kinda depressed me a bit, so I just played a bingo game. On my phone.

Can we get a mastio for most drivers texting while driving? I can't remember the last time I've seen a Swift texting, but I can see atleast one OD driver a day texting while driving OD equipment. OD Strong

One more for you Billy:

"There is no such thing as constructive criticism. There is constructive advice, constructive guidance, constructive counsel, encouragement, suggestion, and instruction.

Criticism, however, is not constructive but a destructive means of faultfinding that cripples all parties involved. Don't be fooled into thinking otherwise."

Richelle E. Goodrich

One more for you Billy:

"There is no such thing as constructive criticism. There is constructive advice, constructive guidance, constructive counsel, encouragement, suggestion, and instruction.

Criticism, however, is not constructive but a destructive means of faultfinding that cripples all parties involved. Don't be fooled into thinking otherwise."

Richelle E. Goodrich

We get it, you think texting while driving is ok. I'm a professional driver and will do what it takes to keep the roads safe. Maybe I should become a trooper? I'd enjoy writing tickets.

One more for you Billy:

Richelle E. Goodrich
^^^^^I wonder if Richelle is a person that gets their feelings hurt easily?^^^^^

^^^^^I wonder if Richelle is a person that gets their feelings hurt easily?^^^^^

0ANao5N.jpg

Everyone been good, but I caught a driver yesterday and promptly reported them when I came to a safe parking location.

We get it, you think texting while driving is ok. I'm a professional driver and will do what it takes to keep the roads safe. Maybe I should become a trooper? I'd enjoy writing tickets.
You would be like the city cop in Ridgeway S C.
Some years ago he would hand you his ticket book, ask you to fill in the info,give him $10 and be on your way.
Never said any thing about our texting in the sixties.

You know what's not illegal....writing a letter long hand while driving. Give it a shot BillyLo

I know that maybe how you guys at YRC still communicate, but believe me our drivers are going to text while drive before picking up a pen and paper.

Even our handhelds are paperless. #ODTechnology