ODFL | Od driving school graduate

lildog

TB Lurker
Credits
Got a question, have heard rumor from driving school graduate that if any layoff was to occur that he would stay and drivers with actual company seniority would go. Said that due to od training him he would be safe, can anyone shed any light on this.

The company invested money in that employee.
They want maximum ROI.

Sort of like how companies prefer inexperienced recent college graduates that work for less than experienced employees (more expensive and maybe more rigid despite needing less training.)

I
They want maximum ROI.

Sort of like how companies prefer inexperienced recent college graduates that work for less than experienced employees (more expensive and maybe more rigid despite needing less training.)
That says a lot about OD if this is true.
If they don't value your service and experience compared to a newbie, then you
probably don't need to look at them as a long term employment. Just saying.

They want maximum ROI.

They’ve invested a buttload then. We’ve got those grad schoolers all throughout the system. If the above is true, it’s going to cut a bunch of 3-7 year employees.

They’ve invested a buttload then. We’ve got those grad schoolers all throughout the system. If the above is true, it’s going to cut a bunch of 3-7 year employees.
Are layoffs expected?
Seems like there is high turnover in the recent hires bracket tho 0-1 year exp.

Are layoffs expected?
Seems like there is high turnover in the recent hires bracket tho 0-1 year exp.
Don’t know...the term has been brought up a couple times in different threads on here the last few weeks. Couple of terminals in FL I heard have already began to axe some peeps...

I dont think we will have any layoffs on a big scale. I think it will be the usual small numbers due to large scale hiring. Nothing to get worried over. I think guys are misunderstanding the driver programs saving them if a layoff occurred, it's probably like everywhere else they have a blanket over them for the first year.

I dont think we will have any layoffs on a big scale. I think it will be the usual small numbers due to large scale hiring. Nothing to get worried over. I think guys are misunderstanding the driver programs saving them if a layoff occurred, it's probably like everywhere else they have a blanket over them for the first year.
They are protected for a year. But if a layoff occurs, all bets should be off. No tenured OD Driver should be laid off before a new employee just because the company spent money on them. I see all kinds of complications for the company of this is the route they take.

Driving school graduate ??
30126912_1712914788790846_4622649253162909696_n.jpg

If that's the case, wouldn't it make more sense to cut most senior drivers first, since they get 4 weeks of vacation every year?