ODFL | OD named to World's Best Employer List

In comparison to other trucking companies, hence the reason OD's the only one to make it, OD is a good place to be. As long as they continue to improve and not get complacent then I would agree with this!

Reactions: Ump
I totally agree with you BULL..I hope they continue on theis path of slow steady growth. From what Ive seen from OD, they form the plan, thy it and if it doesn't"t work as designed, then go back and fix it then try it again. NOt like the big FEDEX, where if it doesn't"t work, well we will just keep throwing money at it until it does cuz Fred Smith has deep pockets. One of these days, Fred is going to get tired of his freight division loosing money and scrap it

Saw a barn where this was posted on the wall in a way that there wasn't any white bottom to the page showing, for the sarcastic drivers to write their, "haha, yeah right"'s

I totally agree with you BULL..I hope they continue on theis path of slow steady growth. From what Ive seen from OD, they form the plan, thy it and if it doesn't"t work as designed, then go back and fix it then try it again. NOt like the big FEDEX, where if it doesn't"t work, well we will just keep throwing money at it until it does cuz Fred Smith has deep pockets. One of these days, Fred is going to get tired of his freight division loosing money and scrap it
Please post links to FxF loosing money

I'll wait.

Fedex Freight losing money ? LOL !!! What a Knucklehead. FXFE makes a ton of cash even after all the Overtime money they pay to there drivers. Just sayin !!!

OD is a great place to work. It’s like the retirement center for freight drivers. Even when it’s busy, you don’t do much. OD does not have the market share of FedEx or Southeastern, therefore when it gets slow, it really impacts us. We also overhired and that’s not helping matters right now either. For the bill count at my barn, we only need 16 drivers. We have double that. Got people leaving out with 2 stops...not good for the OR. Be interesting to see how long corporate let’s it go on.

Last edited:
Market share of Southeastern ? Do they even matter ? I'm sure OD isn't sweating a regional carrier. They have 0 market share in most states

Hard to tell what that means without knowing how they price anything, could be moving :::shit::: for Chinese wages
They haul it for nothing, that’s why they have that much of the market. At one time they were picking up freight that was to be delivered within their service center for $60 plus fuel.