ODFL | OD pay and benefits

Forgive me, but I've only been here 6 weeks. I recall somewhere in orientation it was stated that vacation topped at 5 weeks at 25 years. Also the safe driving bonus starts out at $250 or $350 the first year and increases incrementally each year to year 10, then $100 per year after that up to 30 years at $3,000 per year.

It might be 5 weeks, I'm not sure. I'm about 21 years away from it either way.

Isn't this information you should have found out before going thru the pre-hire process?

No offense, but why would you do all the jumping thru hoops just to find out the pay isn't where you want it? Cart before the horse kinda thing. You're not the first one to ask this question either. So I'm kinda curious.
I am in the process now. I was offered the position and received an email stating the hourly rate but not cpm. I didn't want to waste their time if it was unacceptable

Reactions: Ump
I just say a post that Linehaulers get paid for fueling the tractor? Ive been driving linehaul for 2 months and never heard of this....
Wow. Were you trained? Yes we get paid for fueling, drop and hooks, breakdowns, throwing iron. The breakdown pay you better ask about. I still don't understand it.

Yeah, I did 5 days Linehaul training. I knew about drops, hooks, breakdowns, alternate routes. I didn't know about throwing iron. So now I know why the blu asks about refuels when you arrive....I take it thats how we get paid for it.

Yeah, I did 5 days Linehaul training. I knew about drops, hooks, breakdowns, alternate routes. I didn't know about throwing iron. So now I know why the blu asks about refuels when you arrive....I take it thats how we get paid for it.
Also do yourself a favor.Get you a notebook and keep up with everything you do from drop's,hook's,fuel,trailer info,trip #,times on yard,etc.I have been doing this since starting at OD back in 04.I keep up with everything I do.So there is no ?Also,it refreshes my memory if anyone ask about a pick up or del in the city.Also,running line haul it is a must now since going paperless.

Also do yourself a favor.Get you a notebook and keep up with everything you do from drop's,hook's,fuel,trailer info,trip #,times on yard,etc.I have been doing this since starting at OD back in 04.I keep up with everything I do.So there is no ?Also,it refreshes my memory if anyone ask about a pick up or del in the city.Also,running line haul it is a must now since going paperless.

Agreed. I do the same thing just in case.