ODFL | OD pay and benefits

Was just curious why you were not sure if you wanted to stay at Walmart? Most everyone I know there seems quite happy....
Too many changes to the job and way too much uncertainty. We have a whole new corporate management team that thinks they have to change everything that we have known for years. Especially the way our schedules are structured.

Pretty confident I will be alright, but I know what you mean. We are getting that also

Make sure you put away the money you make this year with us also. The last time we hired like this, a lot of drivers starved or left due to lack of work between the months of Jan-April. It's always slow at this company those parts of the year.

Don't know how you could possibly know that as a p&d driver in one location. That statement makes absolutely no sense and I guarantee you it isn't based on any kind of facts.

Your statement makes even less sense. We are mostly a hiring mill for the best CDL schools. Swift of LTL.

Your statement makes even less sense. We are mostly a hiring mill for the best CDL schools. Swift of LTL.
Maybe your terminal is. But it's amazing that you don't know what goes on at other terminals. Majority of our past hire on people, are people that have come from other companies. Not schools. Yes we do have people that come up from the OD school, but once again most are former LTL driver's from other companies. So whose statement makes sense?

By the way, I would never compare our company to any Swift, Knight, May or any other cut throat company. Sorry, but I have to deal with their driver's 5 days a week.

Maybe your terminal is. But it's amazing that you don't know what goes on at other terminals. Majority of our past hire on people, are people that have come from other companies. Not schools. Yes we do have people that come up from the OD school, but once again most are former LTL driver's from other companies. So whose statement makes sense?

Ours come from regular truck driving schools and you'll find from OD fb groups many other drivers complaining around the country that we hire school grads. Even your terminal hires grads from off the street. OD recruits from truck driving schools, get over it. We'll hire anyone, they just have to be smart enough to select Swift or OD after their graduation.

Qualifications
  • High School Degree or equivalent preferred
  • Must have the ability to read, write, speak English and perform simple mathematical calculations with general mental abilities to handle receipts, read maps, road signs, maintain logs, etc.
  • Must possess a valid commercial driver's license with hazmat, doubles and tanker endorsements.
  • Must have 12 months previous tractor-trailer driving experience and/or be a graduate of a State Certified, Licensed and Safety Department approved driving school, and/or have satisfactorily completed the Old Dominion Truck Driver Training school
  • Must be at least 22 years old.

That's the qualifications from OD's site. They wouldn't post that if it were just for our terminal. Get over it, just like Swift we hire the same way they do.. From the schools.

By the way, I would never compare our company to any Swift, Knight, May or any other cut throat company. Sorry, but I have to deal with their driver's 5 days a week.

Only comparing the drivers, not the company. You see our equipment being torn up and can't tell me our drivers are all stellar vets.

Qualifications
  • High School Degree or equivalent preferred
  • Must have the ability to read, write, speak English and perform simple mathematical calculations with general mental abilities to handle receipts, read maps, road signs, maintain logs, etc.
  • Must possess a valid commercial driver's license with hazmat, doubles and tanker endorsements.
  • Must have 12 months previous tractor-trailer driving experience and/or be a graduate of a State Certified, Licensed and Safety Department approved driving school, and/or have satisfactorily completed the Old Dominion Truck Driver Training school
  • Must be at least 22 years old.

That's the qualifications from OD's site. They wouldn't post that if it were just for our terminal. Get over it, just like Swift we hire the same way they do.. From the schools.
Billy left out

.* More powerful than a locomotive
* Faster than a speeding bullet
* Able to leap tall buildings at a single bound

It's not the happy thing, just think of the prestige to say, "I work with Billy"

You got to admit ever since I started posting here often all you hear is OD hiring? No one envies fbn life, only mine because everyone wants to be a somebody like me. I've got the nice truck, the seniority, the respect you name it, I have it and worked hard at it.

Reactions: Ump
You got to admit ever since I started posting here often all you hear is OD hiring? No one envies fbn life, only mine because everyone wants to be a somebody like me. I've got the nice truck, the seniority, the respect you name it, I have it and worked hard at it.

A boat, but no goats, Ump has them!
BTW, you want to buy a pair of eclipse glasses cheap?