ODFL | OD pay and benefits

A customer gave me a pair, I'm ready for the next one. But at my old age I may be dead by then.

Qualifications
  • High School Degree or equivalent preferred
  • Must have the ability to read, write, speak English and perform simple mathematical calculations with general mental abilities to handle receipts, read maps, road signs, maintain logs, etc.
  • Must possess a valid commercial driver's license with hazmat, doubles and tanker endorsements.
  • Must have 12 months previous tractor-trailer driving experience and/or be a graduate of a State Certified, Licensed and Safety Department approved driving school, and/or have satisfactorily completed the Old Dominion Truck Driver Training school
  • Must be at least 22 years old.

That's the qualifications from OD's site. They wouldn't post that if it were just for our terminal. Get over it, just like Swift we hire the same way they do.. From the schools.
Are you saying these requirements are not adequate? I bet they are similar to most other LTL carriers. And just how would you handle differently? Easy to sit back and arm chair quarterback. And you remember we all had to start somewhere as drivers.

Are you saying these requirements are not adequate? I bet they are similar to most other LTL carriers. And just how would you handle differently? Easy to sit back and arm chair quarterback. And you remember we all had to start somewhere as drivers.

Us real drivers had to start out and work our way up to jobs like this, but this wasn't a job to have when I started many years before you.

Most of the people we hire out of school are complete idiots, trash the trucks and blow up clutches. You must be ok with this.

Us real drivers had to start out and work our way up to jobs like this, but this wasn't a job to have when I started many years before you.

Most of the people we hire out of school are complete idiots, trash the trucks and blow up clutches. You must be ok with this.

I gotta take these eclipse glasses off, thought I just read, "Quality of drivers is getting there"

Not at all if this is happening. I'm sure someone in corporate would love to hear your solution. Like I said, I would bet our requirements are similar to most all other LTL's. Not every driver I run across has a ton of experience but I would surely not call them idiots like you have....

Not at all if this is happening. I'm sure someone in corporate would love to hear your solution. Like I said, I would bet our requirements are similar to most all other LTL's. Not every driver I run across has a ton of experience but I would surely not call them idiots like you have....

https://cdstruckschool.com/job-placement/

This is the only place we get most of our drivers from. It is happening and you work for a training mill now. Get over it. A guy with as much experience as a Swift driver can drive for OD. Anymore argument?

FewvjU7.jpg

The next generation OD driver???

Or jack knife a line tractor on dry ground. Oops he forgot he was pulling a 53' with a single screw. Imagine my amazement when I came in and saw my tractor damaged on both sides.