ODFL | OD pay and benefits

I know one thing o.d disability suxs... have to stay on them about my money.. and long term pays once a month.. i get paid every week not once a month. They really need to look into making things better for drivers.. i never had an issue at Fedex with crap like this..

Must know a bit about working for OD if you can make that statement.

Thanks Dean! Not sure if you're working there. do you have any idea on how many miles the linehaulers are getting? Im know the best runs will go to the higher seniority guys.

Depends on the terminal as to what runs they have and whether you can get a schedule off the bat. Almost always you're going to start off as an extraboard driver. Then the question is does the yard you work out of send out guys on lay down runs or whether you'll just do turns.

Anyone know anything about the Montgomery Il. Terminal? Is that a new terminal? What kind of linehaul runs they have? Thanks
Will be a spin off from South Chicago, Des Plaines, and Chicago. Not even open yet. Most of the job openings will likely be filled via transfers due to existing business being moved from one location to Montgomery. Watch the web site for job openings that may be posted.

Will be a spin off from South Chicago, Des Plaines, and Chicago. Not even open yet. Most of the job openings will likely be filled via transfers due to existing business being moved from one location to Montgomery. Watch the web site for job openings that may be posted.
Hey thanks they have linehaul openings posted on the website. How do you apply though? They only give you a option of resume? Do new linehaul drivers run extra board? Assigned trucks or Slip seat?

Hey thanks they have linehaul openings posted on the website. How do you apply though? They only give you a option of resume? Do new linehaul drivers run extra board? Assigned trucks or Slip seat?
More than likely the newer driver would run the xtra board. Depends on how many transfer. Trucks not assigned. Suggest you contact Tammy at the Des Plaines office.

Noticed Kings Mountain, NC is hiring linehaul drivers. Anyone here drive out of KM know whether they have schedules that would be available or do they run strictly extraboard? I've been running LTL for another company for almost 11 years and have a pretty good gig now but am curious since the KM terminal is new and close to my house.
Thanks

I know one thing o.d disability suxs... have to stay on them about my money.. and long term pays once a month.. i get paid every week not once a month. They really need to look into making things better for drivers.. i never had an issue at Fedex with crap like this..
Sounds like you are accident prone.

Noticed Kings Mountain, NC is hiring linehaul drivers. Anyone here drive out of KM know whether they have schedules that would be available or do they run strictly extraboard? I've been running LTL for another company for almost 11 years and have a pretty good gig now but am curious since the KM terminal is new and close to my house.
Thanks

You would probably run extra board but I don't know if they force their extra board guys to bag out. I would imagine it's mostly turns. Wouldnt hurt to call them and see.

Can someone post how OD'S insurance is? What is the copay, out of pocket max? I think I read one time that it was only like 7 or 8 dollars a week for 1 person is this still correct? OD is one of the few companies left that has a match on there 401 and profit sharing. Anybody now what the average is on the profit sharing part of it?

Last edited:
Can someone post how OD'S insurance is? What is the copay, out of pocket max? I think I read one time that it was only like 7 or 8 dollars a week for 1 person is this still correct? OD is one of the few companies left that has a match on there 401 and profit sharing. Anybody now what the average is on the profit sharing part of it?
You are close on the insurance. $10 or less a week and I believe copay is $35. 401k match is guaranteed 30% on the first 6%. The company matches 10% of their net income back into the 401 so the difference in the guaranteed match and 10% is paid after the books are closed for the end of the year. Typically the total return has been 70 to 80%. Very nice.......